APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Footage of Axl jamming Christmas songs at Gazzarri's, (probably) 1989

3 posters

Go down

Footage of Axl jamming Christmas songs at Gazzarri's, (probably) 1989 Empty Footage of Axl jamming Christmas songs at Gazzarri's, (probably) 1989

Post by Blackstar Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:55 pm

Recently shared on facebook:

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Soulmonster, ludurigan and ilomilo like this post

Back to top Go down

Footage of Axl jamming Christmas songs at Gazzarri's, (probably) 1989 Empty Re: Footage of Axl jamming Christmas songs at Gazzarri's, (probably) 1989

Post by Soulmonster Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:22 pm

Something cringy about how they were all swooning over Axl there, yelling "Guns N' Roses" and eventually turning what I assume was supposed to be a Christmas song jam into a Paradise City jam. It was funny with the drunk brunette falling over and almost getting in a fight when she tried, I suppose, to get closer to Axl.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76581

Blackstar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Footage of Axl jamming Christmas songs at Gazzarri's, (probably) 1989 Empty Re: Footage of Axl jamming Christmas songs at Gazzarri's, (probably) 1989

Post by ludurigan Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:21 pm

Love when stuff like that surfaces!
ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5451

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:32 pm

Soulmonster wrote:Something cringy about how they were all swooning over Axl there, yelling "Guns N' Roses" and eventually turning what I assume was supposed to be a Christmas song jam into a Paradise City jam. It was funny with the drunk brunette falling over and almost getting in a fight when she tried, I suppose, to get closer to Axl.

I have seen this type of adulation right in front of me for sub, sub, sub-celebrities and I have seen how cringy that is and how that can affect the person who receives it

We all want to be loved at the end of the day

If this is indeed 1989, this is right when Guns n' Roses was the hottest and the very best band in the planet (despite the non-touring in 1989 etc). Guns n' Roses was everywhere in radio and MTV (which was where music was), people couldn't get enough of it and Axl was its face.

Now think for a minute what happened to W. Axl Rose's mind after receiving this type of adulation not just for a Christmas party, but 24/7.

For days...

Weeks...

Months...

Years...

"You are the greatest"

"Your are the best"

"I love you"

1988, 1989, 1900...

That pretty much explains Axl behaving like he did in 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995 etc

The "job" of any manager (or friend, or partner, or business associate) around Axl at the time would be to say "Hey, man, you are fucking great indeed, but you are not God and you didn't do GN'R by yourself. So you wanna keep this ball (GN'R) rolling you really need to acknowledge and take in consideration your band mates who helped you create it"

Axl fired the guy who did that for him

(Niven)

And got himself his own personal enabler

(Goldstein)

The rest is history
ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:42 pm

Such a shame that Axl's microphone wasn't half as loud as it should be!

You can hear Jack Russell perfectly but you can barely hear Axl

And he is giving his all and putting his heart on it just like he did everytime he was onstage on those days!
ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:49 pm

life was so different before cell phones
ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down