APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2023.06.05 - Hayarkon Park, Tel Aviv, Israel

2 posters

Go down

2023.06.05 - Hayarkon Park, Tel Aviv, Israel Empty 2023.06.05 - Hayarkon Park, Tel Aviv, Israel

Post by Soulmonster Tue May 23, 2023 12:20 pm

June 5, 2023
Hayarkon Park, Tel Aviv, Israel
Setlist:
01. It's So Easy
02. Bad Obsession
03. Chinese Democracy
04. Slither
05. Pretty Tied Up
Link Wray's "Rumble" intro
06. Welcome to the Jungle
07. Mr. Brownstone
08. Estranged
09. Double Talkin' Jive
10. Live and Let Die
11. Absurd
12. Hard Skool
13. Down On The Farm
14. Rocket Queen
15. Anything Goes
16. You Could Be Mine
17. TV Eye (The Stooges cover)
18. This I Love
19. Civil War (with Voodoo Child outro)
Slash Guitar Solo
20. Sweet Child O' Mine
21. November Rain
22. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
23. Wichita Lineman
24. Nightrain
Encore:
The Impressions' People Get Ready intro
25. Patience
26. Paradise City

Date:
June 5, 2023.

Venue:
Hayarkon Park.

Line-up:
Axl Rose: Vocals and piano
Slash: Lead and rhythm guitar, and backing vocals
Richard Fortus: Rhythm and lead guitar, and backing vocals
Duff McKagan: Bass and backing vocals
Dizzy Reed: Piano and backing vocals
Frank Ferrer: Drums
Melissa Reese: Keyboard and backing vocals

Poster:
(Artist: Kin Noise)

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76581

Back to top Go down

2023.06.05 - Hayarkon Park, Tel Aviv, Israel Empty Re: 2023.06.05 - Hayarkon Park, Tel Aviv, Israel

Post by Blackstar Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:21 pm

Perhaps and Atlas Shrugged have been soundchecked

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XfjlmNR80D8?feature=share

Edit: Not sure about Atlas Shrugged.

Last edited by Blackstar on Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down

2023.06.05 - Hayarkon Park, Tel Aviv, Israel Empty Re: 2023.06.05 - Hayarkon Park, Tel Aviv, Israel

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:22 pm

VERY EXCITING!!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:30 pm

Blackstar wrote:Perhaps has been soundchecked

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XfjlmNR80D8?feature=share

Some say Atlas Shrugged, too.

What is that song form the snippet? I definitely heard Perhaps on another clip. But what is that above?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:31 pm

Here's the Perhaps clip:

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:33 pm

I think both clips are Perhaps (I posted the other one, too, but from a youtube shorts, so it couldn't be embedded and it's just the link).

Someone said that it's Atlas Shrugged, but it doesn't sound like it. So I'm not sure if the information about Atlas being soundchecked as well is accurate.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:36 pm

It's the reworked Perhaps chorus. Sounds better than the 2001 version. Good stuff.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Blackstar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:36 pm

Blackstar wrote:I think both clips are Perhaps (I posted the other one, too, but from a youtube shorts, so it couldn't be embedded and it's just the link).

Someone said that it's Atlas Shrugged, but it doesn't sound like it. So I'm not sure if the information about Atlas being soundchecked as well is accurate.

I'm 99% sure both clips are from Perhaps now.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:38 pm

Sounds really good, I have to say.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:42 pm

One of the "problems" I had with the 2001 version was the crowded chorus that made it hard for me to follow the vocal line. This simpler version works better for me. I also like the little riff addition Slash has made to the verses.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:33 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:34 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:51 pm

That's a lot of people there

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:27 am

Times of Israel:
Guns N’ Roses rocks sold-out crowd of 60,000 in Tel Aviv

Three-hour concert in Israel follows Abu Dhabi show, on second leg of hard rock band’s Europe and North American tour

By Jessica Steinberg

Legendary hard rock band Guns N’ Roses took the stage Monday night in front of a sold-out crowd of 60,000 at Tel Aviv’s Yarkon Park.

It’s been six years since the band’s last performance in Israel and their fourth show in the country over the past 20 years. The group first appeared in Israel in 1993, then 2012 and 2017, followed by Monday’s performance

Police closed several roads in Tel Aviv due to congestion ahead of the concert in Yarkon Park.

The Tel Aviv concert was Guns N’ Roses second show of their We’re F’N’ Back! tour in 2023, following Sunday night’s performance in Abu Dhabi.

The three-hour Tel Aviv performance opened at 7:40 p.m. Monday night, and it was only after the third song (“Chinese Democracy”) that lead singer Axl Rose, 61, chatted a bit with the crowd.

used in accordance with clause 27a of the copyright law)

Legendary hard rock band Guns N’ Roses took the stage Monday night in front of a sold-out crowd of 60,000 at Tel Aviv’s Yarkon Park.

It’s been six years since the band’s last performance in Israel and their fourth show in the country over the past 20 years. The group first appeared in Israel in 1993, then 2012 and 2017, followed by Monday’s performance

Police closed several roads in Tel Aviv due to congestion ahead of the concert in Yarkon Park.

The Tel Aviv concert was Guns N’ Roses second show of their We’re F’N’ Back! tour in 2023, following Sunday night’s performance in Abu Dhabi.

The three-hour Tel Aviv performance opened at 7:40 p.m. Monday night, and it was only after the third song (“Chinese Democracy”) that lead singer Axl Rose, 61, chatted a bit with the crowd.

“We wanted to have a little gathering,” said the longtime lead singer, who along with Duff McKagan, 59, bassist, and Slash, 57, legendary British-American lead guitarist, make up the band currently. “We’re happy you stopped by.”

With that, Rose swung into the rest of the 26-song setlist which included Guns N’ Roses favorites such as “Welcome to the Jungle,” “Live and Let Die,” “Hard Skool,” “You Could Be Mine,” “Sweet Child O Mine,” “November Rain,” “Knocking on Heaven’s Door,” “Night Train” and “Paradise City.”

The song “Civil War” was dedicated to victims of the war in Ukraine.

Fans on social media commented that the band’s 2023 setlist for the new global tour was the freshest in years.

They also remarked on the band’s outstanding energy, including several guitar solos from Slash and Rose playing the piano for a seven-minute version of 1992 top hit “November Rain.”

The band will head to Europe for 15 gigs and are set to return to North America in August before wrapping things up in October in Vancouver.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/guns-n-roses-rocks-sold-out-crowd-of-60000-in-tel-aviv/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:07 am

Ynet News:
Welcome to the Jungle! Rock icons Guns N' Roses liven up Tel Aviv

Axl Rose and friends perform their most memorable hits in front of 60,000 fans; 'Hanging in there?' the singer asks the crowd

Ran Boker, Omer Tessel|Yesterday | 23:34

Tel Aviv's Hayarkon Park played host to American rock legends Guns N' Roses on Monday night in front of 60,000 fervent admirers during a three-hour musical extravaganza.

"What a nice get-together with friends, thank you for showing up," the band said to the audience.

The show kicked off with "It's So Easy" and went on to feature some beloved classics such as "Welcome to the Jungle", "Live and Let Die", "Estranged" and "Civil War", the last of which was dedicated to Ukraine amid Russian bombardments.
The band exhibited some impressive energetic displays, with guitar riffs that gave off a true rock & roll ambiance. Axl Rose even went as far as asking the audience: "Hanging in there? I'm checking up on you."

Just over two hours into the show, and the band has already performed a string of their greatest hits. During "Sweet Child O' Mine", the crowd all pulled out their smartphones. Later on, Axl Rose sat in front of the piano for an excellent 7-minute rendition of "November Rain."

And for their musical dessert, they performed their iconic cover of Bob Dylan's "Knockin' on Heaven's Door".

Their world tour has them stopping in various locations on their private jet. On their way to the Holy Land, they also stopped in the United Arab Emirates. In their Abu Dhabi gig, they performed no less than 31 hits.

As for the main act, they began making their rock & roll strides in 1985, quickly cementing their reputation as one of the premier rock bands operating in the City of Angels.

Their first Israeli visit was in 1993, and since then have visited Israel to delight the fans in 2012 and again in 2017, a show that still remains one of the critics' favorite performances.

The band has thus far recorded six studio albums, the last of which, called "Chinese Democracy", was released in 2008. That said, it was "Appetite for Destruction" that became their best-selling album of all time.

Their warmup act was Israeli rock veterans band Eifo Hayeled, who came on at 18:00. This performance marks the 30th anniversary since their debut with the song "Zman Sukar" (Sugar Time), performed for the first time back in 1993.
https://www.ynetnews.com/culture/article/r1bhwnj82
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:11 am

Jewish News Syndicate, June 6:
Guns N’ Roses rocks crowd of 60,000-plus in Tel Aviv

The American band visited Israel for the fourth time.

U.S. hard rock band Guns N’ Roses performed in front of a sold-out crowd of more than 60,000 at Tel Aviv’s Yarkon Park on Monday night.

The three-hour set began as the late spring sun was fading over the horizon. It included a mix of newer songs and classics such as “Welcome to the Jungle,” “Sweet Child O’ Mine” and “Paradise City.” This was preceded by the opening act—Israeli rock band Eifo HaYeled.

Lead singer Axl Rose, 61, delivered his usual energetic act, running around the stage while veteran bandmates guitarist Slash, 57, and bassist Duff McKagan, 59, showed off their musical skills to the Israeli audience that included both younger fans and middle-aged fans who grew up listening to the band.

Many in the crowd were wearing the official T-shirts for the group’s 2023 World Tour, which kicked off at Abu Dhabi’s Etihad Arena on June 1 and heads to Europe following the Tel Aviv stop.

“We wanted to have a little gathering. We’re happy you stopped by,” Rose told the crowd.

Monday’s show was the fourth time the band has performed in Israel, following performances in 1993, 2012 and 2017.

Formed in Los Angeles in 1985, Guns N’ Roses is one of the most successful rock bands ever, with its 1987 debut album “Appetite for Destruction” topping the Billboard charts a year after its release and going on to sell more than 30 million copies.

In 2012, the band was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
https://www.jns.org/israel-news/tel-aviv/23/6/6/293069/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:13 am

I24News, June 6:
Sold-out crowd gets unforgettable night with Guns n' Roses in Tel Aviv

By Pierre Klochendler

It was the legendary band's fourth performance in Israel over the past two decades, as part of the Middle East leg on their latest tour

American rock legends Guns N’ Roses delighted a sold-out crowd of 60,000 people at HaYarkon Park in Tel Aviv on Monday night, causing traffic in the surrounding area to come to a standstill.

The three-hour musical extravaganza was performed live, with no playback. After the third song, lead singer Axl Rose said, “We wanted to have a little gathering,” inviting the crowd to sing together and thanking them, “We’re happy you stopped by.”

Axl Rose was full of energy, and even asked the crowd if they could keep up. “Hanging in there? I'm checking up on you."

He did give himself and the crowd a soft break, for the calmer "November Rain,” when he sat in front of the piano for a 7-minute performance.

"It's So Easy" was the set-starter, and the legendary performers went on to sing their most loved classics, like "Welcome to the Jungle" and “Sweet Child o’ Mine.” The American band dedicated their "Civil War" song to Ukraine, amid the Russian invasion. All the crowd, in near unison, took out their smartphones when they heard "Sweet Child O' Mine" start.

The band last performed in Israel in 2017, and Monday night marked their fourth performance in the Holy Land over the past two decades. The band is making a world tour, and played in Abu Dhabi on Thursday before arriving in Tel Aviv.

The next scheduled leg is in Europe, for 15 gigs, after which the legends will return to North America in August, and Vancouver will see them wrap things up in October.
https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israel/culture/1686039359-sold-out-crowd-experience-unforgettable-night-with-guns-n-roses-in-israel
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:18 am

Video reports from I24News:

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:24 am

Review in The Jerusalem Post, June 6:
Guns N’ Roses ‘knocks on Tel Aviv’s door’ - concert review

Guns ‘n Roses played in Park Hayarkon, Tel Aviv on June 5

By GADI ZAIG

World-famous American hard rock legends Guns N’ Roses made the second stop on their world tour Monday night, performing for three electrifying hours for a capacity audience at Park Hayarkon in Tel Aviv, after a similar show last week in Abu Dhabi.

The enthusiastic crowd was on the older side, with the mast majority of attendees over 30, though there were plenty of audience members who were in their teens and 20s, not yet born during the band’s heyday in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

Like in their previous appearances in Israel in 1993, 2012 and 2017, the band got the crowd moving when they performed their most identifiable songs, like “Paradise City” and the Paul McCartney cover, “Live and Let Die.”Legendary frontman Axl Rose, in his 60s, was in decent vocal form and displayed impressive mobility onstage as he moves from singing in front of the left side of the venue before speeding quickly to the right.

Joining him were his band co-founders Slash (lead guitar) and Duff McKagan (bass guitar, backing vocals), bolstered by longtime members Dizzy Reed (keys, backing vocals, percussion), Richard Forts (guitar, backing vocals), Frank Ferrer (drums) and Melissa Reese (synthesizer, keys, backing vocals).

Loud cheers emerged when Slash played the familiar open D-chord beginning of the band’s most famous song: “Sweet Child O’ Mine” with similar responses coming from classics “Welcome to the Jungle” and the Bob Dylan cover “Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door.” The creative use of stage lighting added to the show’s spectacle.

Slash switched guitars multiple times during the show, sometimes even playing a double-neck guitar which branded a six-string and twelve-string guitar into one. Some of the show’s highlights were his numerous guitar solos that amazed the crowd.

The show was epic, but there appeared to be occasional technical issues with Rose’s microphone and Slash’s guitar, as I sometimes had trouble hearing them throughout the show.

The three-hour runtime, combined with a 30-minute late start meant that the crowd was likely exhausted by the end of the evening. But it was well worth it.
https://www.jpost.com/j-spot/article-745393
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:26 am

From the Jerusalem Post review (credit: David Granot):

Last edited by Blackstar on Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:29 am

Intro/It's So Easy, Bad Obsession, Chinese Democracy

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:31 am

Slither, Pretty Tied Up

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:32 am

TV Eye, Nightrain

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:34 am

Anything Goes

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum