APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2023.04.05 - The Metal Voice - Interview with Tracii Guns

Go down

2023.04.05 - The Metal Voice - Interview with Tracii Guns Empty 2023.04.05 - The Metal Voice - Interview with Tracii Guns

Post by Blackstar Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:06 am

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

2023.04.05 - The Metal Voice - Interview with Tracii Guns Empty Re: 2023.04.05 - The Metal Voice - Interview with Tracii Guns

Post by Blackstar Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:10 am

Excerpts from Sleaze Roxx (thnx, ludurigan):
------------------------------------------------------

L.A. Guns guitarist and founder Tracii Guns was recently interviewed by Jimmy Kay and Alan Dixon for Canada’s The Metal Voice. Guns was promoting L.A. Guns‘ upcoming new studio album Black Diamonds, which will be released via Frontiers Music Srl on April 14, 2023

When asked how long he was a member of Guns N’ Roses in the early years, Guns recalled (as provided by The Metal Voice with slight edits): “A year. Axl [Rose] was singing for L.A. Guns. We did a gig. There was a big throw down with our manager based on a big throw down with another band we played with that night. Our manager fired Axl but we all lived together. We sat on the couch and decided what we were going to do next and it was Guns N’ Roses. That’s all we did, we just changed the name and we added Izzy [Stradlin].”

With respect to whether they were rehearsing the early Guns N’ Roses material that we know today, Guns indicated: “We were playing them in L.A. Guns, a lot of those songs. Songs like “Don’t Cry”, “Anything Goes”, “Think About You” — a bunch of them.”

In terms of whether he helped in the arrangements and compositions of the early Guns N’ Roses songs, Guns stated: “Yeah, some of them because me and Izzy lived together so by the time we had Guns N’ Roses, when basically he joined L.A. Guns, Izzy had some of those songs that they had played in Hollywood Rose. Because earlier, Izzy and Axl were in a band called Hollywood Rose and when Slash was in Hollywood Rose, they wrote “Welcome To The Jungle”. But for some reason, when we got together as Guns N’ Roses, we didn’t play “Welcome In The Jungle”. I don’t know why. I don’t remember but that was always a favorite song of mine that they had. When I was in the band [Guns N’ Roses], we were heavier than what people know as Guns N’ Roses now. It wasn’t as blues based. It was a little bit more metal. So more straight ahead, more L.A. Guns-ish really.”

https://sleazeroxx.com/tracii-guns-recalls-some-of-the-songs-l-a-guns-played-in-their-early-days-that-became-guns-n-roses-tracks/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down