APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Iggy Pop & the Losers (feat. Duff)

3 posters

Go down

Iggy Pop & the Losers (feat. Duff) Empty Iggy Pop & the Losers (feat. Duff)

Post by Uli Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:30 pm

Duff is now officially a "loser".  Teasing
He will be part of Iggy Pop's band (he named "the Losers") for a handful of shows coming up in 2023:

Handful of dates. All stars band featuring Duff McKagan, Chad Smith and Andrew Watt. It'll be special.
https://iggypop.lnk.to/EVERYLOSERTOUR
Presale starts tomorrow.
April 20, 2023 Los Angeles, CA The Regent Theater
April 22, 2023 San Francisco, CA Masonic Theater
April 27, 2023 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Palladium
April 29, 2023 Las Vegas, NV The Pearl

https://www.facebook.com/iggypop/
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9461

Soulmonster and Blackstar like this post

Back to top Go down

Iggy Pop & the Losers (feat. Duff) Empty Re: Iggy Pop & the Losers (feat. Duff)

Post by Uli Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:37 pm

From what I gathered, Duff is also on Iggy's album "Every Loser", which is being released these days. I haven't got it yet, so did not see the credits so far. But on this song here it sounds like Duff on bass to my ears!

Uli
Uli

Blackstar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:32 pm

Yes, Duff is on bass on the whole Iggy record.

They also played at Jimmy Kimmel (I think it hasn't been aired yet):

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:40 pm

Blackstar wrote:Yes, Duff is on bass on the whole Iggy record.

They also played at Jimmy Kimmel (I think it hasn't been aired yet)

Indeed, it was on last night it seems:

Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:41 pm

Have fun with Iggy looking back on working with Duff and Slash back in '90:

https://www.loudersound.com/news/iggy-pop-recalls-working-with-guns-n-roses-duo-slash-and-duff-mckagan-they-arrived-with-a-gallon-of-vodka-and-a-bowl-of-blow

Duff McKagan is one of the featured players on Iggy Pop's just-released Every Loser album, and in a new interview in the new issue of Classic Rock, the Godfather of Punk recalls the beginnings of his long-standing friendship with Guns N' Roses' bassist.

"I've known Duff since he was in his early twenties," Pop tells Classic Rock's Ian Fortnam. "Both he and Slash worked on [Iggy’s 1990 album] Brick By Brick. I used to go over to Duff’s house – at the time he was trying to decide between the Playboy model he was dating and the weather girl – and rehearse. One time Slash was three hours late because, he said, 'I’m sorry but my snake escaped into the wall'."

Recalling the trio's somewhat unorthodox working methods, Pop says, "Before we set to work they said: “We’ll have to have a discussion before we start.” So they arrived with a gallon of vodka and a bowl of blow and, as a result of living through that, I got to know them pretty well."
Uli
Uli

Blackstar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:42 am

Blackstar wrote:Yes, Duff is on bass on the whole Iggy record.

He's not, he's only listed on some tracks (but on those also as a co-writer!). Cool
Uli
Uli

ludurigan and Blackstar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:08 pm

Read all about the first show & see some videos:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/iggy-pop-duff-mckagan-chad-smith-loser-tour-1234721108/

OVER THE PAST few years, Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith and Guns N’ Roses bassist Duff McKagan have played just about every stadium on the planet with their respective bands. But on Friday night, they scaled down drastically at the 1,100-seat Regent Theater in Los Angeles to serve as Iggy Pop’s rhythm section at the launch of his five-show West Coast tour.

The supergroup, which also features guitarists Andrew Watt and Jamie Hince, spent 80 minutes ripping through songs from Iggy’s excellent new LP Every Loser, and classics from his six-decade career, both solo and with the Stooges. It was, without any doubt, one of the greatest rock concerts I’ve seen in years. It was also a vivid reminder that Iggy, even a day shy of his 77th birthday, remains the most electrifying frontman on the planet.

Iggy started the night by delivering the spoken-word interlude “The News for Andy” offstage before bounding out for “Neo Punk. “Got a custom Rolls-Royce, I’m a neo punk,” he roared. “Old ladies cum when I flash my junk/I’m a hunky, Gucci model neo punk.” He followed it up with “Frenzy,” also from Every Loser, before dipping back in time 50 years for a ferocious rendition of “Raw Power.” It sent the crowd into hysterics, separated Iggy’s vest from his bare chest, and inspired quite a few stage divers to leap into the audience. McKagan played this song on “The Spaghetti Incident?” 30 years ago, and he sang it on several stops of the GN’R reunion tour over the past few years, but this was finally an opportunity to play it with Iggy himself. It’s clear he was relishing every second of it.
Uli
Uli

ludurigan and Blackstar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:59 am

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76581

Uli, ludurigan and Blackstar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:55 pm

Funny, at first I thought the guy on the left looks just like a Slash clone... Very Happy
Uli
Uli

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down