APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

"New" songs coming soon?

+2
wfse
Uli
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"New" songs coming soon? Empty "New" songs coming soon?

Post by Uli Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:11 am

Acoording to this web page, Spotify lists 2 possible new GN'R songs, in the shape of "Atlas Shrugged" and "State of Grace". They conclude these might be released by the band soonish.

Wie spitzfindige Fans im Forum "mygnrforum" vor wenigen Tagen herausgefunden hatten, erscheint bei der Suche nach den Liedern "State of Grace" und "Atlas Shrugged" Guns N' Roses in der Suchleiste. Dabei handelt es sich um zwei bislang unveröffentlichte Songs der Band...
https://www.hallo24.de/promis/guns-n-roses-atlas-shrugged-state-of-grace-neue-songs-2630170
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9461

Back to top Go down

"New" songs coming soon? Empty Re: "New" songs coming soon?

Post by Soulmonster Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:36 pm

Uli wrote:Acoording to this web page, Spotify lists 2 possible new GN'R songs, in the shape of "Atlas Shrugged" and "State of Grace". They conclude these might be released by the band soonish.

Wie spitzfindige Fans im Forum "mygnrforum" vor wenigen Tagen herausgefunden hatten, erscheint bei der Suche nach den Liedern "State of Grace" und "Atlas Shrugged" Guns N' Roses in der Suchleiste. Dabei handelt es sich um zwei bislang unveröffentlichte Songs der Band...

https://www.hallo24.de/promis/guns-n-roses-atlas-shrugged-state-of-grace-neue-songs-2630170

Yeah, it's being discussed over at mygnrforum too. Here in Norway, if I search for "state of grace" "guns n' roses" pops up under artist suggestion. I have also heard some people get similar results when they search for "the general", "wichita linesman". It is possible tracks have been submitted to Spotify and is about to be made available, or some quirk of the algorithm. I suppose we might find out in a few weeks....or sooner.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76581

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:18 pm

This is what I get when I search for State of Grace:

"New" songs coming soon? Uten_238
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:42 pm

The main reason there is discussion that this might mean something is that it has reportedly happened before with other artists who were about to release new music. It happened with Hard Skool last year as well: about 10 days before release, it started popping up in search results on Spotify - at first only for users located in USA and then, gradually for, users in other countries. And now it's a similar pattern with these songs: State of Grace and Atlas Shrugged first came up in search results in the UK, and then started coming up in other countries as well, then the General also came up in the UK.

We'll have to see if it actually means something, but for the time being it's just fun to speculate on. So, this is what is happening so far:

- State of Grace shows up in: the UK, Canada, Brazil, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Portugal, Belgium, Greece.

- Atlas Shrugged shows up in: the UK, USA, Brazil, Portugal.

- The General shows up in the UK only.

- Wichita Lineman, I Wanna Be Your Dog and Back in Black return GN'R related results in some countries (but that probably means nothing).

Here is what I get in Greece since yesterday:

"New" songs coming soon? Spotif13
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Soulmonster and Uli like this post

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by ludurigan Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:15 pm

I searched for "Tonto" and nothing showed up
"New" songs coming soon? 1f606 "New" songs coming soon? 1f606 "New" songs coming soon? 1f606 "New" songs coming soon? 1f606

ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5451

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:17 pm

ludurigan wrote:I searched for "Tonto" and nothing showed up
"New" songs coming soon? 1f606  "New" songs coming soon? 1f606  "New" songs coming soon? 1f606  "New" songs coming soon? 1f606

At least the UYI box set is real Hay
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:29 pm

Blackstar wrote:
ludurigan wrote:I searched for "Tonto" and nothing showed up
"New" songs coming soon? 1f606  "New" songs coming soon? 1f606  "New" songs coming soon? 1f606  "New" songs coming soon? 1f606

At least the UYI box set is real Hay

it is surely real

and if my first impression is correct (based on this snippet = https://mora.jp/package/43000006/00602448303431/?fmid=newRelease_all_0001) then it will be yet another REAL MAJOR disappointment

these guys seem to be doubling down on their mission to erase izzy's guitar from existence

and to make matters worse axl's voice seems to be noticeably doctored comparing to the bootleg recording from that night

it is disheartening

ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:59 am

Searching for "atlas shr" now pulls up Guns N' Roses here in Norway
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:35 am

Soulmonster wrote:Searching for "atlas shr" now pulls up Guns N' Roses here in Norway

The same now returns GN'R in Germany, Denmark and Australia, according to mygnrforum users.

State of Grace now shows up in USA and Argentina, too; The General comes up in Brazil besides the UK; and in the UK GN'R comes up when searching for "soul mon"
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Soulmonster and AleksandraRose56 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:44 pm

And now "soul mon" gives me Guns N' Roses Heart
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:46 pm

If they have decided to deviate from releasing 1-2 songs at the time, and instead just go, "fuck it, here, have it all," I am totally fine with that.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:28 pm

"the general", "atlas shr", "state of grace" and "soul mo" now all point to GN'R here in Norway.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:30 pm

Except for The General, all of these have names that we expected to be the songs' final titles. The question is, have more songs been submitted to Spotify but with names we don't know about? Like, could it be Quicksong in its final version has another name (not unlikely at all). Because if four songs have been submitted for release in the next few weeks, this isn't a couple of songs anymore like we got last year with Hardskool and Absurd, this is either a more proper Ep or dare I say it, an LP.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:02 pm

I still get only State of Grace here in Greece.
Soulmonster wrote:Except for The General, all of these have names that we expected to be the songs' final titles. The question is, have more songs been submitted to Spotify but with names we don't know about? Like, could it be Quicksong in its final version has another name (not unlikely at all). Because if four songs have been submitted for release in the next few weeks, this isn't a couple of songs anymore like we got last year with Hardskool and Absurd, this is either a more proper Ep or dare I say it, an LP.
I think that most of the songs titles have changed, yes, so if this thing on Spotify means something, it's likely that there are songs to be released that we don't know the titles of. And I think that even some that have the same title may be there but not appear because they have too common words in their titles (e.g. Perhaps, Seven).
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:25 pm

Today I searched for some hidden words that I found over the years of close examination on the unreleased illustrations for the alternate version of the Chinese Democracy booklet (the one that leaked via MSL website on September 31, 2018)

Over the years I was able to find a handful of isolated "letters" hidden on the artwork but so far I was only able to decipher two complete "sentences"

(song titles?)

These:

"Sending All My Love"

"Don't You Come Crying"

I never thought about searching for these "sentences" (codes?) online but today I got inspired by these new searches and decided to search for those

And just one result came up:

"Linear"

Do you guys believe that the bandanas and the fact that the video is shot "in the Jungle" (big city) is a cryptic reference to Guns n' Roses?

Could Axl be behind this?

(sorry couldn't resist it Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy)
ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:14 am

I am leaning towards this just being an algorithm thing.

When many people search for "atlas shrugged" from their Spotify account where they regularly listen to GN'R, Spotify makes a connection between "atlas shrugged" and "Guns N' Roses". Not in the sense that it thinks that the song is from that band, but just that people who are interested in the search term, and coming from that specific country, tend to like GN'R. So when another person searches for "atlas shrugged", even from an account that hasn't been used to listen to GN'R, Spotify will suggest GN'R as an artist that the person might like, solely based on the previous connection, because it knows that people who are interested in that song tend to like that band.

And as more and more people now in the last week or so have been searching for Atlas Shrugged, The General, Soul Monster and State of Grace, stronger and stronger connections have been made between these songs and GN'R and more and more countries will result in Spotify suggesting GN'R as an artist it thinks the searcher may like.

The big argument against this theory is the fact that "Perhaps" does not give "Guns N' Roses" as a suggested artist, which we would expect because many people like the song and it has been widely considered to be an expected single so hence many people must have searched for it. But I believe this can be due to either that search term being too short for the algorithm or there being many other songs featuring that word and hence many people searching "Perhaps" without having listened to GN'R, thus there will not be made a connection between "Perhaps" and "Guns N' Roses" as likely as between "Soul Monster" and "Guns N' Roses" or "Atlas Shrugged" and "Guns N' Roses".

And there's a self-reinforcing power in this: The more people search, the stronger the connections get and GN'R pops up here and there more frequently.

If we are causing the connections to happen, and no songs have been submitted, then that is hilarious and will definitely deserve a chapter in my history section when I get to 2022 Very Happy
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:11 am

Well, Sweet Child O' Mine was featured in a 1990 film called State Of Grace.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100685/soundtrack/

I guess that it's likely that it was because of that State Of Grace appeared in the search results on Spotify and then it was a domino effect.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:16 am

Perhaps leads to Guns N' Roses now. I am in Germany now, don't know how that affects the algorithm.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:58 am

Soulmonster wrote:Perhaps leads to Guns N' Roses now. I am in Germany now, don't know how that affects the algorithm.
Mygnrforum members have reported that Perhaps returns GN'R in Norway (and in the UK), but there haven't been any such reports about Germany. It doesn't come out for me with VPN set to Germany either (but it does when I set it to Norway and the UK). Maybe it's because you are logged in with your account, so the algorithm "recognizes" you as being from Norway despite the fact that you are in Germany now?
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:24 pm

Just for the sake of documenting this as it unfolds (although there's little likelihood of it being real): "Zodiac" and "Thyme" now point to GN'R in certain countries.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:36 pm

Still all plausible songs and titles.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:26 pm

Some interesting posts on the HTGTH message board:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=64284.9280

"New" songs coming soon? Spotif19

"New" songs coming soon? Spotif20

"New" songs coming soon? Spotif21

"New" songs coming soon? Spotif22
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:35 pm

"oklahoma" suggests GN'R in Sweden now.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:55 pm

I still believe it is an algorithm thing. And 'Oklahoma' now popping up, a name Axl said he had abandoned, strengthens this. Still, I am not sure at all. Just not getting my hopes up when it could still just be the result of the algorithm reacting to fans searching for unreleased songs.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:09 pm

Soulmonster wrote:I still believe it is an algorithm thing. And 'Oklahoma' now popping up, a name Axl said he had abandoned, strengthens this. Still, I am not sure at all. Just not getting my hopes up when it could still just be the result of the algorithm reacting to fans searching for unreleased songs.
Yes, I don't know. If it's because of fans searching, I suppose the knowledgeable among them would also be searching for "Berlin" (and I'd like to think that most of the people who would search for "Oklahoma" would know about the title change).
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:51 pm

Blackstar wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:I still believe it is an algorithm thing. And 'Oklahoma' now popping up, a name Axl said he had abandoned, strengthens this. Still, I am not sure at all. Just not getting my hopes up when it could still just be the result of the algorithm reacting to fans searching for unreleased songs.

Yes, I don't know. If it's because of fans searching, I suppose the knowledgeable among them would also be searching for "Berlin" (and I'd like to think that most of the people who would search for "Oklahoma" would know about the title change).

It seems likely to me that there are less other items on Spotify featuring the word "oklahoma" than "berlin", and hence it would be easier to create a connection between "oklahoma" and "guns n' roses" than between "berlin" and "guns n' roses". In other words, it would require less people (who Spotify have registered as liking GN'R) searching for "oklahoma" to cause the algorithm to make that connection than it would require in the case of "berlin". Which likely also explain why it took relatively long for "perhaps" to start being connected to the band, while "atlas shrugged" was one of the first (if not the first).
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:51 pm

Arguments in favour of the "algorithm theory":

1) It seems that there is a pattern where the more people are searching the more songs pop up.

2) Most of the people who have been searching for these titles probably have a GN'R-heavy profile on Spotify (GN'R playlists, etc.)

3) It's possible that some of the people who searched for these titles at one point or the other did so along with "guns n roses" and that created a connection.

4) Most of the titles that have popped up are tracks from the locker leaks, and some of these titles are questionable in regards to being the final/official titles.

5) Some people use Spotify to listen to local files and if this has been done with the leaked tracks, Spotify might have picked up the metadata from these files and made a connection (although there's no evidence or suggestion that Spotify does that, since it would mess up the algorithm).

6) Other possible connections, like the covers by Aien and SCOM being featured in an old movie called "State of Grace".

7) So many songs popping up points to a full album and that is too good to be true.

Arguments against the "algorithm theory":

1) How many users would be required to cause something like this to occur? It's certain that the people searching for these titles are a small portion of the GN'R listeners on Spotify and a minuscule/insignificant portion of the Spotify users overall around the world. It doesn't seem plausible that a small number of users could affect the algorithm, since that would cause it to often return "obscure" results to its users.

2) The fact that it's not only users who have "GN'R listening habits" getting these results, as they appear also for people who don't use Spotify to listen to GN'R and when searching while not logged in on Spotify.

3) The timing. Supposing that this is caused from people searching for these titles and from listening to local playlists on Spotify, that surely had started since these tracks leaked or at least since the "Hard Skool Spotify Incident" was proven to be real, and it should have been intensified around last June when a new song was expected based on Slash's comments. So why now? The "algorithm theory" is not convincing enough about this.

4) The fact that the results appear gradually by country. The "algorithm theory" doesn't have a convincing explanation for this either.

5) The same phenomenon has occurred with other artists who had songs expected to be released in the near future. On the other hand, it hasn't occurred with demos and unreleased tracks that were not expected to be released.

6) People who have uploaded songs by their bands on Spotify have attested that when they search them before they are released, Spotify suggests the band in the results similarly to what is happening with these GN'R tracks now.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next