APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2013.11.18 - Loudwire - Axl Rose’s Ex-Wife Auctioning Off Numerous Personal Items (& related articles)

Go down

2013.11.18 - Loudwire - Axl Rose’s Ex-Wife Auctioning Off Numerous Personal Items (& related articles) Empty 2013.11.18 - Loudwire - Axl Rose’s Ex-Wife Auctioning Off Numerous Personal Items (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:56 am

Axl Rose’s Ex-Wife Auctioning Off Numerous Personal Items Involving the Guns N’ Roses Singer

Who wants to buy Axl Rose's marriage certificate? How about the actual wedding video of the singer's marriage to former actress and model Erin Everly? What about a domestic abuse report? Or break-up letters penned by Rose after the marriage didn't work out? All of this and more can be yours! Seriously.

Celebrity memorabilia is a pretty lucrative industry, and there's honestly no telling what weird stuff fans will purchase and for what price. For anyone obsessed with Guns N' Roses vocalist Axl Rose, a mass of unique items from his marriage to Erin Everly has become available at Julien's Auctions.

The items of for grabs are pieces from "the collection of Erin Everly" and you won't believe how deeply personal some of them are. More "normal" items such as Axl Rose's leather pants, the shirt he wore in the 'Welcome to the Jungle' video and old backstage passes are being offered for a price, but these are just tips of the iceberg.

Numerous love letters written by Axl Roses for Everly can be purchased for a few hundred bucks, as can clusters of hand-written poems and lyrics from Rose. The pieces start to get weirder, however, as a copy of Rose and Everly's 1990 wedding video is priced at $2,000 - $3,000. Additionally, the couple's marriage certificate is also being auctioned off for the same estimated price.

Strangest of all has got to be a copy of a domestic abuse report filed by the Los Angeles Police Department in 1988. The paper details an alleged incident in which the victim was kicked and beaten with fists. This particular package comes with a bill for the sale Everly's wedding ring, an "I Love You Erin" note written by Rose, a $5,027 receipt from Franklin Fuller Properties and another receipt from Crown T.V. for the repair of a television that Everly claims Rose broke.

https://loudwire.com/axl-rose-ex-wife-auctioning-personal-items-guns-n-roses/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87097

Back to top Go down

2013.11.18 - Loudwire - Axl Rose’s Ex-Wife Auctioning Off Numerous Personal Items (& related articles) Empty Re: 2013.11.18 - Loudwire - Axl Rose’s Ex-Wife Auctioning Off Numerous Personal Items (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:00 am

Rolling Stone, Nov. 21, 2013:
--------------------------------------

Axl Rose’s Ex-Wife Selling Love Letters and Wedding Video

Erin Everly was briefly married to the singer in 1990

By Kory Grow

Axl Rose‘s ex-wife is cleaning house. Erin Everly, who was married to the Guns N’ Roses frontman for a few months more than 20 years ago, is auctioning off mementos of their brief union, including candid photos of Rose (some of which are from his childhood), letters that Rose wrote to her, handwritten song lyrics, clothing he wore in music videos and even their marriage certificate.

Rose and Everly dated in the Eighties before they wed in April 1990, and had their marriage annulled in January 1991. Everly, who was the inspiration for “Sweet Child O’ Mine,” will sell the artifacts of their time together through Julien’s Auctions in Beverly Hills, California, on December 6th and 7th, as part of an auction titled “Icons and Idols 2013: Rock N’ Roll,” which is also offering a guitar owned by Jerry Garcia.

The letters offer a glimpse inside the couple’s relationship, which was occasionally turbulent. As transcribed by The Daily Dot, a note from a flower shop bore the inscription, scrawled in capital letters, “FROM AN ASSHOLE!!!” In another letter, he complained that his given name, William, was “too much to bear,” and signed off, “think of me when you wipe yo’ ass.” There’s also a three-part note in which Rose assures Everly of his fidelity – “you knew what you got involved in from the beginning” – and wrote a lyric-like paragraph to her: “Ya didn’t need ta [sic] play it so tough – I should have known better – I never realized how much you cared and wanted me. Sometimes I’m an unsensitive [sic] bastard.” And sometime after her birthday, he wrote her a note that said, “To Erin– Sorry yo’ birthday sucked, love, Axl.”

Others are more touching. He begins one by writing, “Sorry for being so hard on you . . . you didn’t do anything wrong I just became frustrated with my predicament and didn’t know how to verbalize my feelings.” And on a scrap of paper, he wrote, “No love was there more true Erin I love you Goodbye sweet child – Love Always, – Axl -.”

One batch of letters is expected to fetch between $600 and $800. His flannel shirt from the “Welcome to the Jungle” video is expected to bring in between $1,000 and $2,000. The priciest items are the couple’s wedding video and marriage certificate, which are each expected to sell for between $2,000 and $3,000.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/axl-roses-ex-wife-selling-love-letters-and-wedding-video-194170/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2013.11.18 - Loudwire - Axl Rose’s Ex-Wife Auctioning Off Numerous Personal Items (& related articles) Empty Re: 2013.11.18 - Loudwire - Axl Rose’s Ex-Wife Auctioning Off Numerous Personal Items (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:07 am

The Daily Dot, Nov. 20, 2013:
-------------------------------------

Axl Rose’s ex-wife wants to sell you his breakup letters

Breaking up is hard to do, but profiting off it isn't!

Audra Schroeder

Guns N’ Roses frontman Axl Rose is currently experiencing some cold November rain: His ex-wife is auctioning off his breakup letters.

Erin Everly recently posted the collection of letters and notes to the Beverly Hills-based Julien’s Auctions site, and they offer some insight into their tumultuous relationship, which began in 1986, around the time Guns N’ Roses signed to Geffen. They were married in April 1990, but less than a month later, Rose filed for divorce. Then they reconciled, then broke up again.

The marriage was annulled in 1991, but these letters form part of their on-again/off-again narrative, when Rose was attempting to win Everly back.

One note, written on a card from La Cienega Flower Shop, says, “FROM AN ASSHOLE!!!” A three-part letter from November 1986, the year they first started dating, points to their initial troubles. Rose shows his vulnerability, though, and some of his words almost come off like lyrics to a Guns N’ Roses song:

“Ya didn’t need ta play it so tough — I should have known better — I never realized how much you cared and wanted me. Sometimes I’m an insensitive bastard.”

Another note is more pained, and reminiscent of the Romantic poets:

“I just can’t bear this life — so I must drown my sorrows. The name William proves too much to bear, and now in my moment of despair, I have become frustrated + confused!”

Rose then signs it, “Think of me when you wipe yo’ ass.”

In addition to these very personal effects, Everly also auctioned off other spoils of war, including their wedding video and marriage certificate, a copy of a domestic abuse report from 1988, and a gifted copy of Richard Bach’s The Bridge Across Forever. If you’re a GNR completist, you are, oddly, in luck.

https://www.dailydot.com/upstream/axl-rose-erin-everly-juliens-auctions/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:11 am

2013.11.18 - Loudwire - Axl Rose’s Ex-Wife Auctioning Off Numerous Personal Items (& related articles) Axleri10
2013.11.18 - Loudwire - Axl Rose’s Ex-Wife Auctioning Off Numerous Personal Items (& related articles) Lettre10
2013.11.18 - Loudwire - Axl Rose’s Ex-Wife Auctioning Off Numerous Personal Items (& related articles) A-set-10
2013.11.18 - Loudwire - Axl Rose’s Ex-Wife Auctioning Off Numerous Personal Items (& related articles) 259-2510
2013.11.18 - Loudwire - Axl Rose’s Ex-Wife Auctioning Off Numerous Personal Items (& related articles) D4d21310
2013.11.18 - Loudwire - Axl Rose’s Ex-Wife Auctioning Off Numerous Personal Items (& related articles) 9b8e6310
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:13 am

There was reaction from Axl's sister Amy on facebook (Nov. 21), though the post was deleted soon after:

2013.11.18 - Loudwire - Axl Rose’s Ex-Wife Auctioning Off Numerous Personal Items (& related articles) Tumblr17
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down