APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

NIKKI SIXX says AXL thought about covering MÖTLEY CRÜE's 'Stick To Your Guns' in the 80s

Go down

NIKKI SIXX says AXL thought about covering MÖTLEY CRÜE's 'Stick To Your Guns' in the 80s Empty NIKKI SIXX says AXL thought about covering MÖTLEY CRÜE's 'Stick To Your Guns' in the 80s

Post by ludurigan Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:57 pm

Nikki Sixx has said that Axl told him that he considered the possibility of Guns n' Roses recording a cover version of the early MÖTLEY CRÜE song "Stick To Your Guns".

He has said that in recent appearance on the Eddie Trunk show "Trunk Nation L.A. Invasion" at SiriusXM's  

Acccorrding to Nikki, Axl has said that to him after GN'R toured with Motley Crue...

Below there is the video where Nikki says it:

And the transcription:

"I remember going to the Rainbow, and I saw Axl there. And he jumped up and he said 'hi' and 'thanks for the tour. Thanks for the tour because now MTV is gonna play 'Sweet Child O' Mine'.' It really gave 'em a shot. And I was super stoked for those guys. And then he kind of told me he always loved that song 'Stick To Your Guns' and had thought about like covering it in GN'R something. That's pretty cool to hear, that those guys thought that was cool"

More on Blabbermouth: https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/nikki-sixx-says-guns-n-roses-once-considered-recording-cover-of-motley-crues-stick-to-your-guns/

===

I think Guns n' Roses covers were always better than the originals, thanks to the band amazing arrangements and to Axl unique take on the vocals.

i don't know too many other bands that plays a Rolling Stones song better than the Rolling Stones, or that plays an AC/DC song better than AC/DC!

So I am sure that -- despite the song being not-so-good -- a GN'R cover would sound absolutely fantastic!

I actually hope that they have eventually tried it... and that someone has recorded that attempt... and that one day, if this recording exists, that it surfaces!

NIKKI SIXX says AXL thought about covering MÖTLEY CRÜE's 'Stick To Your Guns' in the 80s Guns-n-roses-classica

ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5504

Back to top Go down