APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2007.09.18 - TvRock (Peru) - Interview with Steven

Go down

2007.09.18 - TvRock (Peru) - Interview with Steven Empty 2007.09.18 - TvRock (Peru) - Interview with Steven

Post by Blackstar Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:51 pm

Transcript:
---------------

[Interviewer talks in Spanish]

Steven: ...12, 13, 14 years old, you know? It was, like, our first little band together, and it just evolved and progressed in Guns N’ Roses after meeting Izzy and Axl.

Interviewer: Okay, but the beginning with you and Slash, before the other guys.

Steven: Oh, yeah. Well, yes, Slash and I grew up together since we were, like, 11 years old. At junior high school we met. I lived with my grandmother and he lived with his grandmother, and we just got together. I had a little guitar and it looked too complicated for me, but Slash was great to it, and… (laughs).

Interviewer: Did you have any problem at the Farm Aid when you played Down On The Farm of UK Subs?

Steven: Oh, when I fell down?

Interviewer: Yes (laughs).

Steven: Oh, no.  I was drinking a little bit, but when I fell down, it woke me right up.

Interviewer: (Laughs).

Steven: Yeah, right up, it woke me!

Interviewer: Yeah, you did a good performance in Civil War.

Steven: Right up!

Interviewer: But in the second song, like, you-

Steven: I’d never heard that song in my life!

Interviewer: (?) against, like, the farmers.

Steven: Yeah, I know, but that’s why Axl wanted to do that.

Interviewer: So was it was Axl’s idea?

Steven: Excuse me! (laughs)

Interviewer: Huh?

Steven: I said excuse me (laughs).

Interviewer: Can you tell me very short how it is to rise to a big stadium band? To be small and be big in, like, one year? How does it feel?

Steven: It feels wonderful, but it wasn’t really one year. It was a couple of years.

Interviewer: Okay.

Steven: It’s been a very exciting ride, let me tell you. Very good, you know, for my family, who I love very much. And Slash, and Duff, and Izzy, and Axl, I love very much. I loved just being a part of those guys, you know? That was really special.

Interviewer: Do you have a book called “Bed of Roses”?

Steven: Oh, no. I have a book – oh, book, yes.

Interviewer: Book, book. I said book.

Steven: Yeah, I have a book. I’m still working on it, a little touching up here and there, little things that keep popping back up in my head that I remember. So, hopefully by Christmas we’re gonna have something with that.

Interviewer: Okay. What about Izzy? I know you love Izzy.

Steven: Izzy is Izzy, and I love Izzy.

Interviewer: Can you tell how is Izzy?

Steven: He’s wonderful. If you go on to mytube… youtube “Steven Adler,” you can see Izzy playing with us over at the Key Club. And Duff. And Slash came by, but his other guys, the Velvet Revolver guys, were a little cranky with Slash playing, so that’s why he didn’t play.

Interviewer: But you said two years ago in Spain that you love Velvet Revolver.

Steven: No, I don’t. I never said that.

Interviewer: (Laughs).

Steven: I said I love Slash and Izzy, or Slash and Duff, but I think they suck (laughs).

Interviewer: Yeah.

Steven: I’m not a big fan of them. I’m fan of Slash and Duff.

Interviewer: Okay. So what about the influences? I have to make this question.

Steven: Oh. Drum-wise, Roger Taylor from Queen, John Bonham, Peter Criss from Kiss… people who I grew up with then, you know, that I really was excited about.

Interviewer: And bands, besides the drummers?

Steven: Oh, Queen, Led Zeppelin… same thing (laughs). Aerosmith… all the 70s bands.

Interviewer: And you just played Rocklahoma this year.

Steven: Oh, that was fabulous! Rocklahoma. Me and Chip, Chip Z’Nuff, we got to play there with Tracii Guns, and Jonas Day… It was a lot of fun. It just started this tour out. That was, like, the first kind of show.

Interviewer: Okay. So the tattoos are coming. I can see there are new tattoos.

Steven: Ah, no! These are all old ones.

Interviewer: Ah, they’re old ones?

Steven: They’re all old. I wanna get a new one right here, but I don’t know what yet.

Interviewer: There’s a lot of good tattooists in Peru.

Steven: That’s what I hear.

Interviewer: That’s Ramon Mendoza’s, a great one. You should do one, perhaps.

Steven: I probably would. We were talking about that, actually.

Interviewer: So you’re leaving tomorrow? How many days you’re going to stay here?

Steven: I think three days. I want to go to Machu Picchu and so does everybody in the band. We all want to go there, you know. It’s kind of…

Interviewer: Really?

Steven: Besides coming to Peru, going there to Machu Picchu, you know, it would just enhance everything a lot (laughs).

Interviewer: Okay. So I’m sure, Chip, you - Colby Veil is the lead singer from Hollywood Roses tonight.

Steven: Yeah. Colby, yeah. Great guy. I love those guys. I’ve got Colby, Chris, Michael Thomas on guitar, Chip Z’Nuff on bass, and me playing the drums… Just come down tonight and see it, and have a good time.

Interviewer: I’ll say the word.

Steven: Oh, I’m not worried.

Interviewer: (Laughs) Okay. Thanks for being in Peru. Thanks for being on TV Peru.

Steven: Thank you.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down