APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Axl's political tweets

4 posters

Go down

Axl's political tweets Empty Axl's political tweets

Post by Soulmonster Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:15 am

Axl just talked about his political tweets:

Axl's political tweets Uten_n91

Good on you, Axl!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76582

Back to top Go down

Axl's political tweets Empty Re: Axl's political tweets

Post by Blackstar Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:17 pm

Rolling Stone picked it up:
Axl Rose Defends His Political Outspokenness in July 4th Message

Guns N’ Roses singer’s anti-Trump tweets come from “a sense of outrage, obligation n’ responsibility to say something at times when I feel not to is being complicit”

By DANIEL KREPS

A day after Axl Rose tweeted criticism directed toward the U.S. Surgeon General, the Guns N’ Roses singer penned a July 4th message defending his political outspokenness.

“My disdain 4 [our] current administration n’ what I perceive as its threat to [our] democracy is no secret,” Rose wrote; while the singer isn’t active on social media, when he does use Twitter, it’s often to criticize Donald Trump and his cabinet.

“In general my posts in regard to current events, politics or social issues [are] usually coming from a sense of outrage, obligation n’ responsibility to say something at times when I feel not to is being complicit (as opposed to a desire for attention or self promotion),” Rose continued.

“I’m nobody, just a citizen that like everyone else has my own opinions n’ believes in my heart that ultimately I want what’s best for not just [our] country but for humanity, wildlife n’ [our] environment n’ other’s as opposed to right, left or any other wing fascism [are] at least in this country free to disagree.”

On July 3rd, Rose slammed U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams after he appeared in an interview and refused to comment on whether or not U.S. citizens — in the midst of a pandemic — should attend July 4th parties. “Jerome Adams is a: A coward b: A POS c: Both,” Rose tweeted. “Resign. U don’t deserve the job or title. America deserves better.”

The singer had previously taken aim at Steven Mnuchin, stating that the Treasury Secretary is “officially an asshole.” Rose and Mnuchin then engaged in a brief Twitter feud, with Rose silencing Mnuchin by noting “unlike this admin I’m not responsible for 70k+ deaths.”

Rose added Saturday, “So 4 me when I feel someone in this administration for example or perhaps media, in entertainment or the public says or does something that in my view supports or caters to the irresponsibility of this administration or various issues w/government or law enforcement I may voice an opinion. Perhaps a strong or perhaps considered by some a lewd or immature response or opinion. It happens.”

Early July 5th, Rose returned to Twitter to retweet an article shared by former National Security Advisor Susan Rice that warned that Trump could refuse to leave the Oval Office even after a Joe Biden victory on Election Day.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/axl-rose-political-outspokenness-july-4th-message-1024314/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87097

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:29 pm

Los Angeles Times:
Axl Rose explains why he feels so much ‘disdain’ for Trump administration

By CHRISTIE D’ZURILLA
STAFF WRITER
JULY 6, 2020 11:12 AM

It’s hardly news when a celebrity takes a shot on social media at the current administration. However, what might be is when one explains what drives him to do so.

Axl Rose did just that after he engaged with Surgeon General Jerome Adams on Twitter over the holiday weekend, after first calling the Cabinet member a couple of rude names and telling him to resign.

Key takeways from his explanation? The Guns N’ Roses leader is not following any political playbook. It’s OK if you disagree with him, and it’s OK for him to respond to a member of the administration without putting that person 100% on blast. And it’s all about the issues, not about the rocker.

“My disdain 4 r current administration n’ what I perceive as it’s threat to r democracy is no secret,” Rose tweeted Saturday night, saying that while he appreciates those who pay attention to what he says, he isn’t speaking out to gain followers or retweets.

His political and social-issues posts, Rose wrote, “rn’t about me. They’re about the issues.”

My disdain 4 r current administration n’ what I perceive as it’s threat to r democracy is no secret. I’m not (cont) https://t.co/vXSKO5lVBt

— Axl Rose (@axlrose) July 5, 2020
So when Rose is trashing Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin, retweeting criticism of Vice President Mike Pence or calling out President Trump with a defense of the “Lamestream media,” you can trust that that’s not about him. And when he rips Adams, calling him a “coward” and worse, that’s still not about him. Even if Adams, like Mnuchin, decides to respond.

“In general my posts in regard to current events, politics or social issues r usually coming from a sense of outrage, obligation n’ responsibility to say something at times when I feel not to is being complicit (as opposed to a desire for attention or self promotion.),” Rose continued, via the TwitLonger platform.

“I’m nobody, just a citizen that like everyone else has my own opinions n’ believes in my heart that ultimately I want what’s best for not just r country but for humanity, wildlife n’ r environment n’ other’s as opposed to right, left or any other wing fascism r at least in this country free to disagree.”

“So 4 me when I feel someone in this administration for example or perhaps media, in entertainment or the public says or does something that in my view supports or caters to the irresponsibility of this administration or various issues w/government or law enforcement I may voice an opinion,” he wrote. “Perhaps a strong or perhaps considered by some a lewd or immature response or opinion.

“It happens.”

Rose and Adams had interacted on Friday after the rocker lashed out at the surgeon general, calling Adams names and saying, “Resign. U don’t deserve the job or title. America deserves better.”

“Hey Axl - appreciate your passion (and your music),” Adams replied politely, attaching a July 2 Independence Day PSA of himself in which he begged people to wear masks if they couldn’t social distance. “How about helping me save some lives by sharing the message about staying safe, and using face coverings?!”

Rose replied: “Awesome! n’ thanks! U wanna start by telling peeps to avoid large gatherings? Or u want me to? Shame we didn’t get that out there 4 this wkend like on TV.”

Awesome! n’ thanks! U wanna start by telling peeps to avoid large gatherings? Or u want me to? Shame we didn’t get that out there 4 this wkend like on TV.🙁🇺🇸

— Axl Rose (@axlrose) July 4, 2020
Rose’s reply garnered replies of its own, ranging from “Go, Axl” to “Never buying tickets to another show.”

Adams continued the exchange on Sunday, though Rose didn’t answer.

“Axl- I mentioned CDC guidelines, which state large gatherings as high risk. Here’s the rub- racial justice protests (many of which happened this weekend) are important, but are ‘large gatherings.’ As Zeke Emmanuel has said, its about knowing risk,” the surgeon general wrote, including a tweet from Emmanuel, who ran the National Institutes of Health for the Obama White House.

“Bottom line, I’ve always told people large gatherings are higher risk- but people may choose to go out anyway, and COVID doesn’t care why you choose to do so. So my focus is on helping people understand how to determine their risk, so they can make an informed decision.”

Adams concluded by inviting Rose to reach out to his office about CDC guidelines.

“Happy to chat with you, as I’m always interested in working with people to help promote health and safety practices,” Adams tweeted, “even people who call me names!”

Please reach out to my office for more details on CDC guidelines and how to stay safe. Happy to chat with you, as I’m always interested in working with people to help promote health and safety practices- even people who call me names! 😉https://t.co/zbs2vH6Dfl

— U.S. Surgeon General (@Surgeon_General) July 5, 2020
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2020-07-06/axl-rose-politics-surgeon-general-jerome-adams

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87097

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:32 pm

It is pretty hard to understand Axl writing.

I am no native speaker but it seems to me that his current writing is a blend of annoying gangsta-rapper abbreviations and annoying teenager internet abbreviations.

Is that it?

Anyone who is raised in the USA can confirm that or enlight me on the subject?
ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5452

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:01 am

He does have an idiosyncratic writing style, blending abbreviations and short style, that occasionally distracts from what he is saying. But if you can get past this I think what he says makes a lot of sense.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76582

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:27 am

Soulmonster wrote:He does have an idiosyncratic writing style, blending abbreviations and short style, that occasionally distracts from what he is saying. But if you can get past this I think what he says makes a lot of sense.

yeah I agree, most of what I can understand seems to makes sense indeed.

I just have a hard time trying to understand why he writes like that

Is he trying to be cool or hip?

Is he trying to be gangsta?

Is he trying to appeal to a young(er) audience?

Is he capable of writing in a conventional way? Did he write like that in the guns n roses era? I think this answers both questions = https://www.julienslive.com/images/lot/1532/153271_0.jpg

Does he believe that this type of writing is effective to communicate what he wants to communicate?

Hard to figure out!
ludurigan
ludurigan

nastja gregoric likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:03 pm

ludurigan wrote:
yeah I agree, most of what I can understand seems to makes sense indeed.

I just have a hard time trying to understand why he writes like that

Well I guess it reflects his personality. He's complicated, so is his writing style.
Back in 2006 there was an "open letter" from Axl and I just loved how he wrote back then! Cool

To say the making of this album has been an unbearably long and incomprehensible journey would be an understatement. Overcoming the endless and seemingly insane amount of obstacles faced by all involved, notwithstanding the emotional challenges endured by everyone -- the fans, the band, our road crew and business team -- has at many times seemed like a bad dream in which one wakes up only to find that they are still in the nightmare. Unfortunately, this time it has been played out for over a decade in real life.

The true, ongoing, behind-the-scenes triumphs and casualties are much more complicated than any negative speculation that the media or otherwise has managed to hit upon. For much of the time, various legal issues have arisen, demanding that the best way to deal with these things publicly, quite frankly, was to keep our mouths shut in an attempt to ensure the best outcome-- especially one that wouldn’t jeopardize the band or the album. It’s easy for people to point out how others have handled similar situations or how they would have dealt with these issues themselves if they encountered them in their own lives. But again, without full knowledge of the various dynamics and circumstances involved, these types of comments or commentary are just uninformed, disassociated, generally useless -- and often hindering --speculation.
Hay
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9462

Soulmonster, ludurigan and Blackstar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:26 pm

Oh I like that too. I understood everything. Axl can write in English. Hopefully he gets back to that style someday hahahaha
ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down