APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2002.08.29 - MTV - Interview with Axl at the Video Music Awards

Go down

2002.08.29 - MTV - Interview with Axl at the Video Music Awards Empty 2002.08.29 - MTV - Interview with Axl at the Video Music Awards

Post by Blackstar Wed May 06, 2020 10:05 am

Loder: Hi, here we are again backstage again. Axl Rose - he's back!

Axl: [laughs]

Loder: What took you so long?

Axl: I was just trying to put this monstrosity together.

Loder: What's gonna happen now? Is Chinese Democracy going to come out? Are we gonna see it soon?

Axl: Umm, you'll see it, I don't know if soon is the word. But it will come out and we will, we'll go back, we'll do some more recording and then we'll start the American leg of the tour... And see how it goes from there.

Loder: This has taken a long time.

Axl: Yeah, but it's also how do you rebuild something that got so big and replace virtually every person on the crew, every single thing.

Loder: Yeah.

Axl: And how do you make a whole bunch of guys that are something else into something that already was. I don't know if it's exactly been done like this. And not with the intensity of these players wanting to play the material.

Loder: This is one of the great performances. Congratulations. You really....

Axl: Thanks.

Loder: This is a great band.

Axl: Thanks for that Rio review.

Loder: My pleasure, my pleasure.

Axl: [laughs]

Loder: Axl Rose.

--------
Source of the transcript:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=47
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down

2002.08.29 - MTV - Interview with Axl at the Video Music Awards Empty Re: 2002.08.29 - MTV - Interview with Axl at the Video Music Awards

Post by Blackstar Wed May 13, 2020 8:04 pm

Recap of the interview by MTV News, August 30, 2002:
Axl Rose Says GN'R Waiting Game Won't End Soon

Axl Rose brought Guns N' Roses back to the MTV Video Music Awards Thursday night for the first time in 10 years, but the frontman indicated that the wait for a new album from the band will continue.

"You'll see [the album], but I don't know if 'soon' is the word," Rose explained to MTV News immediately after unveiling the current GN'R lineup to an American television audience for the first time.

"It will come out, and we'll do some more recording and start the American leg of the tour," he promised.

Thursday night's VMA performance marked GN'R's first since 1992, when the band performed "November Rain" with Elton John. The band remained largely off the map in the decade that followed, shedding members and bringing in fresh blood. Axl and his current lineup — which includes drummer Brian "Brain" Mantia, former Replacements bassist Tommy Stinson and guitarists Buckethead and Robin Finck — have been working on an album, Chinese Democracy, for years.

"How do you make a whole bunch of guys into something that already was, and with this intensity of these players wanting to play this material?" Rose said of the delay.

So while Guns N' Roses may be back on the airwaves, they may not be back in record stores any time soon.
https://web.archive.org/web/20030404065044/http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1457261/20020830/story.jhtml

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down