APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1993.06.10 - Daily Citizen - County seeks rock star Axl Rose for back taxes

Go down

1993.06.10 - Daily Citizen - County seeks rock star Axl Rose for back taxes Empty 1993.06.10 - Daily Citizen - County seeks rock star Axl Rose for back taxes

Post by Blackstar Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:32 pm

1993.06.10 - Daily Citizen - County seeks rock star Axl Rose for back taxes 1993_135

Transcript:
---------------

County seeks rock star Axl Rose for back taxes

FONTANA,Wis.(AP)— Tax officials are trying to locate Axl Rose to tell the Guns N’ Roses singer he owes $7,095 in property taxes for a 10-acre lot he owns in Walworth County [Wisconsin].

Carol Burgess, a clerk in the county treasurer’s office, says notices sent to Rose’s registered address in Encino, Calif., have come back without a forwarding address.

No taxes have been paid on the property for four years, records show.

According to county records, Rose purchased the property in November 1988. He has made no improvements to the lot, in the resort area of Geneva Lake, Burgess said.

Rose’s name has appeared in published legal notices and has been turned over to an attorney appointed to contact tax debtors, Burgess said. He has until July 15 to pay the taxes or face foreclosure by the county, Burgess said.

Bryn Bridenthal, a spokeswoman for the singer at Geffen Records in Los Angeles, was out of her office Wednesday afternoon and didn’t immediately return a phone call.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88096

Back to top Go down

1993.06.10 - Daily Citizen - County seeks rock star Axl Rose for back taxes Empty Re: 1993.06.10 - Daily Citizen - County seeks rock star Axl Rose for back taxes

Post by Blackstar Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:49 pm

This is, most likely, the same property that Axl had said he intended to sell in 1991:
Just before the Indianapolis concert, he visited some land in the Alpine Valley resort area of Wisconsin that he bought with money from the "Appetite" album and tour. It was his link to the Midwest, and he planned to live there some day.

But Rose, after the therapy and the hours he has spent examining his childhood, says he no longer feels the connection to the region. After walking around the property for a few minutes, he turned to someone with him and said flatly, "Sell it."
https://www.a-4-d.com/t2450-1991-07-21-los-angeles-times-run-n-gun-axl-slash-duff-matt
Rose lights a cigarette. "I wanted to be buried here," he says. "I bought land here specifically for that reason. I mean if you're from Lafayette, Indiana, you can go to California and know it isn't your real home. Alpine Valley was where I decided I would go, so I bought a place to be buried here. I don't think it's gonna happen that way now. And that's weird, but it's cool.

"I'm going to look at it and see if I want to sell it," Rose says. "There were reasons why I bought that particular piece of land, with those particular trees and that particular smell and that particular vibe, and picked out the land with my stepfather. These reasons don't exist anymore. And I'm okay with it.
https://www.a-4-d.com/t525-1991-09-09-rolling-stone-outta-control-axl-slash-izzy-duff-matt-and-dizzy

He probably had forgotten about it.

In July 1993, he would pay the taxes for it and settle the issue:
https://www.a-4-d.com/t3999-1993-07-17-the-capital-times-axl-rose-pays-walworth-tax-bill

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88096

Back to top Go down