APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2019.06.14 - Q104.3 Jim Kerr Rock 'n' Roll Morning Show - Interview with Duff

Go down

2019.06.14 - Q104.3 Jim Kerr Rock 'n' Roll Morning Show - Interview with Duff  Empty 2019.06.14 - Q104.3 Jim Kerr Rock 'n' Roll Morning Show - Interview with Duff

Post by Blackstar Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:21 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down

2019.06.14 - Q104.3 Jim Kerr Rock 'n' Roll Morning Show - Interview with Duff  Empty Re: 2019.06.14 - Q104.3 Jim Kerr Rock 'n' Roll Morning Show - Interview with Duff

Post by Blackstar Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:43 pm

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
---------------------------------

In a recent interview with Q104.3's Jim Kerr, Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan was asked what changed with Axl Rose to make him go from being hours late to a concert to being the hardest-working man in the music business. McKagan responded (see video below): "I can't speak for him. I'll just tell you what I know about… what I've observed that's really made me work so much harder. His work ethic is… he's an animal. He's in the gym. He starts an hour and a half before the show, vocal warm-ups. We do a three-and-a-half-hour-long show. He broke his foot at the beginning of the tour. He had to do that show [at the Troubadour in April 2016] — he didn't say, 'Let's stop.' He said, 'Let's continue. I'll do it sitting down.' Just singing sitting down — I don't know if either of you are singers, but singing sitting down is super hard. He does an hour-and-a-half vocal warm-ups; he sings these shows; he does an hour-and-half warm-down. I'm already in bed reading my book, man — like, I'm done — and he's still warming down. I can hear him sometimes. And that makes me work harder. I get up; I go to the gym; I start playing my bass extra early; I'm doing vocal warm-ups. That guy's really chest-out, head-up… he's the real deal. Him and Slash both, just this tour, showed me how… we're hard workers. And it reminded me of how hard we worked back in the day. We'd have two-day rehearsals, and we would… People, I think, probably thought we were a bunch of eff-ups. But people don't know… You do the work when people aren't looking. And that was that band that did that, for sure, and we still do."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-bassist-duff-mckagan-on-axl-roses-work-ethic-hes-an-animal
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum