APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

The 'What are you listening to?' thread

+13
Uli
denitza
rosesforcure
puddledumpling
be my baby
DanyYo
Monique
seely
bumb.l.foot
Johan
Soulmonster
Pawnshop-Sitars
17 posters

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down

The 'What are you listening to?' thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The 'What are you listening to?' thread

Post by ludurigan Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:21 am

Soulmonster wrote:
ludurigan wrote:

i am currently deep in a female pop singer phase  Cool XD

Hah! My daughters listened a lot to Ava Max about a year ago. Suffice to say, I am very fed up with her.

Oh daughters! It must be lovely to have them! Heart I have two nieces and I love them Heart Heart Heart Heart and I can't get enough of them! I should just get married so I can have some kids of my own and know the thrills!

Back to the song, that is the only song by Ava that I know of and/or like. I didn't even know she existed until two weeks ago. First time I listened I was on another screen and I thought it was Rihanna. I checked a few others songs by her after liking this one and couldn't go past one or two minutes. Arrrgh! I found the lyrics for this one really forced, it sounds like a PR campaign. But the music really got me!
ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5451

Back to top Go down

The 'What are you listening to?' thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The 'What are you listening to?' thread

Post by ludurigan Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:51 am

- WOW, this song really caught me
- So glad Mick is still hungry
- So glad Keith still rocks
- What is the actual role of Andrew Watt on his production job with the Stones, Ozzy, Iggy Pop etc?
- Is Andrew Watt the new Desmond Child?
- Duff was on at least two Andrew-Watt-produced albums on the past few years, is it possible that he will bring Andrew to produce a new Axl/Slash/Duff album?
- Charlie changes everything, yes or yes?
ludurigan
ludurigan

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:17 pm

Morten's got some in-ear monitor issue, still be holds that note like no one else ever.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76581

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:21 pm

Soulmonster wrote:

Morten's got some in-ear monitor issue, still be holds that note like no one else ever.

I tried singing along to that note and had to draw my breath two times. And he does it without. And follows up with a high note immediately afterwards. Just incredible.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:24 am

I'm in love with this performance. I have always had a thing for oversinging like this, she completely loses herself in the song and emotions and looks almost a bit shameful at the end. Just incredible.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:53 am

I grew up with this song. The poppy, big synthpop version from the 80s. The one that almost felt a bit happy.

A-ha did a new rendition some years ago, like 35 years later, a reinterpretation that is astonishing. SParse instrumentation and incredibly haunting, vulnerable vocals. The songs takes on a melancholic, sad tone. Amazing.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

ludurigan and Blackstar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:34 am

Another recent version where they play it like in 1985, in the same key, and Morten still hits the high note at the end. No obvious deterioration to his voice after all these years. Just remarkable.

I have to say I prefer the acoustic take on it, though.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:29 am

Love the "garden-of-eden-style" video!

And the "woh-oh-oh" part is just hysterical!
ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:29 pm

Sat in a bar yesterday when this came on. Blast from the past.

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:54 am

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:33 am

On that topic:

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Uli and Blackstar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:53 pm

Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9461

Blackstar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:48 pm

(R.I.P. Damo Suzuki)
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:30 pm

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18