APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2014.12.10 - FaceCulture - Interview with Slash

Go down

2014.12.10 - FaceCulture - Interview with Slash Empty 2014.12.10 - FaceCulture - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:47 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88096

Back to top Go down

2014.12.10 - FaceCulture - Interview with Slash Empty Re: 2014.12.10 - FaceCulture - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:05 am

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
-----------------------------------

FaceCulture recently conducted an interview with legendary guitarist Slash. You can now watch the chat below. A couple of excerpts follow (transcribed by Blabbermouth.net).

On whether it was fun to go back and play some of the smaller Hollywood clubs at the end of September to celebrate the release of his new album, "World On Fire":

Slash: "I actually love playing… I mean, we're a little loud for some of those really small places, but I love that immediate reaction, that immediate interaction that happens with a crowd that's, like, right up against you. That's always my favorite. The bigger the venue, the harder it is to really relate to the audience, so the energy starts to dissipate the bigger the place is – that immediate energy."

On whether he plays differently when he is performing in a small club:

Slash: "I probably tend to play…. depending on how well you can read the audience… I definitely play better if I can read the audience better, for sure. 'Cause I thrive on energy. I don't get into a room and it's just me and a band onstage and the crowd is watching — there's an interaction that happens with the audience — and the more I can see that, the more into it I am. I have played a lot of tours where it was just nothing but stadiums, and there's a lot of disconnect that happens when you're doing that."

On whether he always enjoyed playing the smaller clubs after playing some of the world's biggest venues with Guns N' Roses:

Slash: "I think one of the things that drew me… Like, when Guns N' Roses was over for me, before that even ended, I put together a band called Snakepit, which was just to go back and play in those small places and rediscover what I love about what it is that I do. And I have sort of been balancing around that kind of scene for a long time. When this tour started, we started out in theaters, which, I think, is the happy medium between small clubs and arenas."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/slash-i-definitely-play-better-if-i-can-read-the-audience-better
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88096

Back to top Go down