APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2012.04.13 - Seattle Weekly - Statement from Izzy regarding the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Go down

2012.04.13 - Seattle Weekly - Statement from Izzy regarding the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Empty 2012.04.13 - Seattle Weekly - Statement from Izzy regarding the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Post by Blackstar Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:30 pm

Izzy Stradlin Asked Me to Release This Statement Re: the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

By Duff McKagan

Izzy asked me to do him a favor and sort of get this out for him. Izzy don't Tweet, etc.

Thanks.

Duff

Izzy's Statement:

I have waited up to this point to see what would become of the GNR induction into RRHOF. I would like to say THANK YOU and GRACIAS to RRHOF for the acknowledgement of our works over the years as a band. BIG THANKS to all my bandmates who helped get us to where we are today. And, of course, THANK YOU to all of the people on this planet (including, but not limited to, the entire universe and beyond, etc., etc., etc.) who have supported Guns N' Roses from day one. Adios, Amigos!

Izzy Stradlin

LONG LIVE ROCK N ROLL!

https://web.archive.org/web/20120420145841/http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/reverb/2012/04/izzy_stradlin_rock_hall_of_fa.php
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down

2012.04.13 - Seattle Weekly - Statement from Izzy regarding the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Empty Re: 2012.04.13 - Seattle Weekly - Statement from Izzy regarding the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Post by Blackstar Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:31 pm

Related article in Rolling Stone, Apr. 13, 2012:
-------------------------------------------------------

Guns N’ Roses Izzy Stradlin Says ‘Gracias’ For Hall of Fame Induction

No word whether he plans on attending the ceremony

By Andy Greene

Axl Rose may have taken the unusual step of declining his Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction, but original Guns N’ Roses guitarist Izzy Stradlin has finally broken his silence and revealed that he is happy to receive the honor. “I have waited up to this point to see what would become of the GNR induction into RRHOF,” he said in a statement. “I would like to say THANK YOU and GRACIAS to RRHOF for the acknowledgement of our works over the years as a band. BIG THANKS to all my bandmates who helped get us to where we are today. And, of course, THANK YOU to all of the people on this planet (including, but not limited to, the entire universe and beyond, etc., etc., etc.) who have supported Guns N’ Roses from day one. Adios, Amigos!”

Stradlin didn’t say whether or not he plans on attending the Cleveland ceremony, but it seems unlikely. “It would be great if Izzy went, but I don’t really know,” Duff McKagan told Rolling Stone in March. “I don’t know if he’s into that whole kind of thing with cameras and all that stuff.” Stradlin largely avoids the limelight these days, though he did play a number of shows with Guns N’ Roses in 2006.

Izzy’s statement was posted on McKagan’s blog in the Seattle Weekly. “Izzy asked me to do him a favor and sort of get this out for him,” McKagan wrote. “Izzy don’t Tweet, etc.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/guns-n-roses-izzy-stradlin-says-gracias-for-hall-of-fame-induction-201816/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum