APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2018.02.20 - GN'R Central - Interview with Sean Beavan

Go down

2018.02.20 - GN'R Central - Interview with Sean Beavan Empty 2018.02.20 - GN'R Central - Interview with Sean Beavan

Post by Blackstar Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:41 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down

2018.02.20 - GN'R Central - Interview with Sean Beavan Empty Re: 2018.02.20 - GN'R Central - Interview with Sean Beavan

Post by Blackstar Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:52 am

Excerpt from Alternative Nation:
---------------------------------------

Sean Beavan, who was an unofficial live member with Nine Inch Nails for several years in the 90’s and later worked with Guns N’ Roses on Chinese Democracy, discussed opening for GNR in 1991 with NIN in a new interview with Guns N’ Roses Central, and how Axl Rose did not show up at the show. Alternative Nation transcribed Beavan’s story.

“(Laughs) There were shades of World War 2 going on in the audience. They were throwing sausages, and holding up their tickets going: ‘Guns N’ Roses! Guns N’ Roses!’ It was pretty funny, but we felt pretty confident, we thought it was crazy, but Axl really loved us, and really wanted us to go on tour with them, so they were being super supportive.

We do our show, and it’s crazy and gets nutty, then Skid Row goes on, and the crowd goes crazy. Then it starts to get really crazy, and we’re backstage, and we hear that Axl is in Paris. So we snuck out as fast as we could, we got stopped by the police on the way out, and they searched our bus for Axl, looking for Axl.

We made it out, so we got lucky, and we got out before the big riot started. It was 84,000 people waiting for Axl, and he was in Paris. When we did Wembley he showed up.”

Beavan added that at the time the only GNR member he met was Slash, but that years later he worked closely with Rose on Chinese Democracy before leaving the project in 2000.

https://www.alternativenation.net/nine-inch-nails-reveal-why-police-searched-bus-for-axl-rose/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2018.02.20 - GN'R Central - Interview with Sean Beavan Empty Re: 2018.02.20 - GN'R Central - Interview with Sean Beavan

Post by Blackstar Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:40 pm

Quote from the interview found in this article from November 2018:

https://www.rollingstone.com/feature/guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy-things-you-didnt-know-746148/

In a February 2018 interview for the Guns N’ Roses Central podcast, Beavan recalled that he was surprised to see himself credited on eight of the 14 album tracks. “Most of the vocals they used on the record were the ones that I had done in ’99,” he said. I’m sure every single thing I recorded was re-recorded by somebody else, because the band members changed so much — and every time the band changed, Axl would want to re-record with the new guy. I think the only things that didn’t get re-recorded were the vocals.”
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down