APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1993.05.30 - National Bowl, Milton Keynes, England

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1993.05.30 - National Bowl, Milton Keynes, England

Post by Soulmonster on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:36 pm

Date:
May 30, 1993.

Venue:
National Bowl.

Setlist:
01. It's So Easy
02. Mr. Brownstone
03. Welcome to the Jungle
04. Live and Let Die
05. Attitude
06. Nightrain
07. Double Talkin' Jive
08. You Ain't the First
09. You're Crazy
10. Used to Love Her
11. Patience
12. Dead Flowers
13. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
14. November Rain
15. Dead Horse
16. You Could Be Mine
17. Sweet Child O'Mine
18. Honky Tonk Women
19. Paradise City

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass), Dizzy Reed (keyboards) and Matt Sorum (drums).

Quotes:
Part of the reason [for doing these five shows] was that I had time off in Indiana, I wasn't really doing anything important, just working on bikes, motorcycles, and, yeah, "maybe it's fun". They played Turkey, they played Greece, they played Israel, so maybe it's cool to go see those places since I've never been there. And I knew all the music so it wasn't like I had to study or practise much, just take a guitar and go over. But the main reason was that for a year and a half since I left them they had never paid me all the money that I was owed, because there was a dispute about what was. So I told them, "look, tell your people to call my people and write up some paperwork and pay me my fucking money, and I'll gladly come over and help you guys out". Because they were kinda in a position where they didn't do these shows they would have lost, like, a lot of money. [Interview with Izzy in Japan, September 22, 1993]

Next concert: 1993.06.02.
Previous concert: 1993.05.29.
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 50103

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum