APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2012.02.27 - The Electric Factory, Philadelphia, USA

Go down

2012.02.27 - The Electric Factory, Philadelphia, USA

Post by Soulmonster on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:23 am

Date:
February 27, 2012.

Venue:
The Electric Factory.

Setlist:
01. Chinese Democracy
02. Welcome to the Jungle
03. It's So Easy
04. Mr. Brownstone
05. Sorry
06. You're Crazy
07. Estranged
08. Rocket Queen
[Fortus solo]
09. Live and Let Die
10. This I Love
11. Used to Love Her
12. Motivation
[Dizzy solo]
13. Street of Dreams
14. You Could Be Mine
[Dj solo]
15. Sweet Child O'Mine
16. November Rain
[Bumblefoot solo]
17. Don't Cry
18. Civil War
19. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
20. Nightrain
ENCORE
21. Madagascar
22. Better
23. Patience
24. Paradise City

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Richard Fortus (rhythm guitarist), Bumblefoot (lead guitarist), Dj Asbha (lead guitarist), Tommy Stinson (bass) and Frank Ferrer (drums), Dizzy Reed (keybards), Chris Pitman (synth).

Quotes from band members:
One very difficult show was I played Philadelphia in 2012 with Guns and I was on this nerve-blocker for my spine. I had been in a car accident and the medicine only worked for a month and I had a one month’s supply. Actually, I got a little extra but pretty much the medicine will ONLY work in your body a month and then after that it will stop working. We had a three week tour, or four weeks, whatever it was, and then on four days’ notice, they didn’t tell us, they booked another three weeks of shows and I needed to take treatments, I needed to get things done, I needed to take care of my health, and they just ignored that and booked these shows. The first show after that one month was up, I took the pills and they didn’t work and I could barely walk and I had to try and do a three hour show where even if you had just touched the top of my head, it was like someone taking a giant knife and just shoving it in your neck and twisting it. And I had to play a show like that and I could barely move. I had to sit down for a couple of songs and I remember just walking like I was petrified. I could barely bend my knees and my spine, I just couldn’t move. There was just so much pain. I had to do a show like that and many shows after that [Glide Magazine, June 2014]

Next concert: 2012.03.01.
Previous concert: 2012.02.24.

Last edited by Soulmonster on Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:41 am; edited 6 times in total
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 54884

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012.02.27 - The Electric Factory, Philadelphia, USA

Post by Soulmonster on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:05 pm

Reports say that Bumblefoot is in serious pain and is off stage for many of the songs. Axl is reported to be in fantastic shape.
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 54884

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012.02.27 - The Electric Factory, Philadelphia, USA

Post by Soulmonster on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:50 am