APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

What are you thinking?

+11
denitza
Uli
rosesforcure
puddledumpling
Johan
Monique
bumb.l.foot
DanyYo
Pawnshop-Sitars
Soulmonster
15 posters

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

What are you thinking? - Page 20 Empty Re: What are you thinking?

Post by Uli Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:42 am

Happy holidays to everyone! sfhaetdj
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9431

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:58 am

Happy Holidays! Smile
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:49 am

Happy holidays, everybody! I just have a little bit more work to do and then I am taking vacation for a few days. I will keep popping in here, though, and probably get some work done on GN'R history Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:16 am

Just happy to be back home again.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by denitza Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:25 pm

I have not been here lately, but today passing by for "Happy birthday Axl"
denitza
denitza

Plectra : 4845

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:03 pm

denitza wrote:I have not been here lately, but today passing by for "Happy birthday Axl"

Always great to see you Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:35 am

My youngest daughter has become obsessed with Harry Potter. She found a stick in the forest that she is now using as her magic wand. We had mock magic battles yesterday calling out magical formula from the Harry Potter movies. I threatened to steal her want and cast spells on her, so she slept with the wand in her hand this night. Today they have a carnival at school so she dressed as a witch, complete with broomstick and her wand. I promised her I would look for a better stick for her wand in the forest today, and one for myself so we can try to make toads our of the rest of the household.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by denitza Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:43 pm

Soulmonster wrote:My youngest daughter has become obsessed with Harry Potter. She found a stick in the forest that she is now using as her magic wand. We had mock magic battles yesterday calling out magical formula from the Harry Potter movies. I threatened to steal her want and cast spells on her, so she slept with the wand in her hand this night. Today they have a carnival at school so she dressed as a witch, complete with broomstick and her wand. I promised her I would look for a better stick for her wand in the forest today, and one for myself so we can try to make toads our of the rest of the household.

My niece is also obsessed with Harry Potter. I wanted to buy her a magic wand, but her mother (my cousin) forbade me, because they are expensive. As a result, she made herself a magic wand - a wooden stick wrapped in silicone. I don't have a picture to show it to you.
denitza
denitza

Plectra : 4845

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:16 am

denitza wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:My youngest daughter has become obsessed with Harry Potter. She found a stick in the forest that she is now using as her magic wand. We had mock magic battles yesterday calling out magical formula from the Harry Potter movies. I threatened to steal her want and cast spells on her, so she slept with the wand in her hand this night. Today they have a carnival at school so she dressed as a witch, complete with broomstick and her wand. I promised her I would look for a better stick for her wand in the forest today, and one for myself so we can try to make toads our of the rest of the household.

My niece is also obsessed with Harry Potter. I wanted to buy her a magic wand, but her mother (my cousin) forbade me, because they are expensive. As a result, she made herself a magic wand - a wooden stick wrapped in silicone. I don't have a picture to show it to you.

I presented four different wands to her yesterday (all sticks I found in the forest with different sizes) and she picked one which she for completely unknown reasons thought was the best. Now she is stripping it for the bark so it becomes white and smooth.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:35 am

Ok, so if you all disappear into the "otherworld", we'll know one of your magic spells has worked... Wink
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:35 pm

Uli wrote:Ok, so if you all disappear into the "otherworld", we'll know one of your magic spells has worked... Wink

Very Happy

She is basically throwing spells that are supposed to squirt water out of her wand while I try to turn her into a frog.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:40 am

Be careful, you don't wanna babysit a bunch of frogs!!! Hay
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:44 am

I'm thinking about trading on the stock market. After nearly 30 years of doing "honest work", I think there might be more money for me in that... Wink
Also, I'll be 50 y.o. later in the year (if I can make it so far), which makes me think about turning to drugs. Evil or Very Mad
But I guess I won't.
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:06 am

I thought about doing swing trading and actually started doing it with virtual money to see how good I was at it. I concluded that it was pretty difficult to have a profit and that I needed to start with really a lot of money for that profit to be high enough for it to make it worthwhile, at least to quit me day job.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:01 pm

Soulmonster wrote:... that I needed to start with really a lot of money for that profit to be high enough for it to make it worthwhile, at least to quit me day job.

Well I'm not planning on quitting my work (just yet), but I think I could put some of my time into trading to create a bit (!) more income. I got someone who's kind enough to give me some hints via email, so hopefully that'll help me to avoid the most common mistakes...

What do you think about turning to drugs? Good idea? Or maybe not? I guess I'm too old. Razz
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:19 pm

Uli wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:... that I needed to start with really a lot of money for that profit to be high enough for it to make it worthwhile, at least to quit me day job.

Well I'm not planning on quitting my work (just yet), but I think I could put some of my time into trading to create a bit (!) more income. I got someone who's kind enough to give me some hints via email, so hopefully that'll help me to avoid the most common mistakes...

What do you think about turning to drugs? Good idea? Or maybe not? I guess I'm too old. Razz

Well, as long as you can live with the social stigma and you can afford it without having to steal stuff or prostitute yourself, then why not? Hay
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:39 pm

Well, it's a bit worrying that people tend to warn me against putting money into the stock market, but have no problem when I think about turning to drugs. Crazy

The "stigma", I guess, depends on the drug. When they were looking for traces of cocaine in parliaments' toilets, they found lots! Teasing

But I think I'll stay sober (apart from the odd beer/wine) and concentrate on other stuff!
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:27 am

So happy to be back again after a lot of travelling lately. Almost no sleep last night so working from home today. Kind of nice. No pressure on me, just relaxed working with the rain pouring down outside.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:17 pm

Fun fact, we changed to summer time today.

What are you thinking? - Page 20 20190310
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:45 am

I'm thinking that our content and work on a-4-d is being used elsewhere with no credit to the source. Of course the content is intended to be read and shared, but I don't like it when people think they don't need to acknowledge the source, probably taking advantage of the fact that this is a small site (as far as traffic goes).
I don't like making a fuss over stuff like this, but I just don't think it's right on their part, especially when they're possibly making money (even little - indifferent) from the use of the content.

-------

Anyway, happy Easter, everybody!
(Ours is next week) Smile
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:39 pm

Blackstar wrote:I'm thinking that our content and work on a-4-d is being used elsewhere with no credit to the source. Of course the content is intended to be read and shared, but I don't like it when people think they don't need to acknowledge the source, probably taking advantage of the fact that this is a small site (as far as traffic goes).
I don't like making a fuss over stuff like this, but I just don't think it's right on their part, especially when they're possibly making money (even little - indifferent) from the use of the content.

-------

Anyway, happy Easter, everybody!
(Ours is next week) Smile

I have actually been thinking about this, too. What shall we do about it?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:59 pm

Soulmonster wrote:

I don't know, maybe we could put a notice (I suggest we get a Creative Commons license) on the top of the page (under the forum's logo, for example) for starters.

I had tried to address this in private in one case. At the time, they had credited a-4-d sometimes, but they were taking content from mygnrforum without giving credit. Lately they give credit to mygnrforum when content from a-4-d is posted there too, but they also lift content straight from here without acknowledging the source and present it as their own. I guess it's because they know that there's a chance many people have read the content at mygnr before so they'll be called out, whereas a-4-d doesn't have many visitors.

Last edited by Blackstar on Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added)
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:51 pm

Blackstar wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:

I don't know, maybe we could put a notice (I suggest we get a Creative Commons license) on the top of the page (under the forum's logo, for example) for starters.

I had tried to address this in private in one case. At the time, they had credited a-4-d sometimes, but they were taking content from mygnrforum without giving credit. Lately they give credit to mygnrforum when content from a-4-d is posted there too, but they also lift content straight from here without acknowledging the source and present it as their own. I guess it's because they know that there's a chance many people have read the content at mygnr before so they'll be called out, whereas a-4-d doesn't have many visitors.

Who are we talking about here?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:34 pm

GN'R Central.
I've been informed about a facebook group (gnrtruth), too, but I'm not a member there and I can't verify it for myself.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:19 pm

Blackstar wrote:GN'R Central.
I've been informed about a facebook group (gnrtruth), too, but I'm not a member there and I can't verify it for myself.

It is inevitable, I suppose. The better we get the more people will copy our content. Some will do it properly by referencing the source, others will steal and plagiarize. We could make an effort to point it out whenever something is copied from us without proper citation, in relevant places. But that sounds like a lot of job and might not do the trick. I simply don't know how to go about it. I think at the very least we should point it out when someone has lifted stuff from us and posted it on mygnrforum.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:55 pm

It's mostly in youtube videos that they don't post on mygnrforum. This, for example, where the "research work" has been lifted from a-4-d:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vf3kb-ydLo
I pointed it out in the comments but it doesn't do much, I guess, since most people don't know our site.
And here, where they used one of the new interviews that we have without credit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dICVaiXxREQ
I've come across other videos where they just read our audio transcripts without referencing the source.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:39 am

It's shameful.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:20 pm

Soulmonster wrote:
It is inevitable, I suppose. The better we get the more people will copy our content.

Easy solution: let's get worse! Razz
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:28 pm

Uli wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:
It is inevitable, I suppose. The better we get the more people will copy our content.

Easy solution: let's get worse! Razz

Or get much better so everyone reads the stuff here first Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:59 am

Soulmonster wrote:
Or get much better so everyone reads the stuff here first Smile

Still someone will "copy" the info...

For me, it is already better than most other sites. Very Happy
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next