APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2012.12.14 - Indika 91.60 FM - Press Conference in Jakarta (Tommy, Dizzy, Bumblefoot, DJ)

2 posters

Go down

2012.12.14 - Indika 91.60 FM - Press Conference in Jakarta (Tommy, Dizzy, Bumblefoot, DJ) Empty 2012.12.14 - Indika 91.60 FM - Press Conference in Jakarta (Tommy, Dizzy, Bumblefoot, DJ)

Post by Blackstar Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:23 pm

Transcript:

Lady: So hey guys, how are you guys doing?

DJ: [?]

[laughter]

BBF: We're doing good.

Lady: Okay, so this is the first time coming to Jakarta, how are you feeling so far and have you guys been going sightseeing?

BBF: [looking at DJ and Dizzy] You first? Yeah, yesterday we went out and did... please, Dizzy!

Dizzy: I was going to say, if going to the bar and drinking and everybody having a good time and sightseeing, then yes, we did that.

Lady: And the last night you were in India, right?

BBF: Yes.

Lady: How was it? Yeah, how was the show in India?

BBF: It was good. It was... actually, it was the biggest shows that India ever had. More people than the Rolling Stones. It was huge, yeah we made history there.

Lady: A round of applause!

Man: So basically you are better than the Rolling Stones in India.

BBF: -more people showed up.

DJ: I would never say that. What I will say is a lot of people came out, we had a blast with them and we threw one of the biggest parties in India that they've seen in awhile, so lots of fun there. And we're planning on doing the same thing here if that's cool with you guys. You guys want to throw a massive party?

[some cheering]

BBF: It didn't sound [?].

Lady: [speaking to the audience in Indonesian]

[more enthusiastic cheering].

Man: How do you choose your songs that you are going to play? Is there any democracy in the process. choosing the song, or is it up to Axl? [?] How do you choose the songs?

BBF: The songs during the show?

Dizzy: We have a big spinner on the stage and wherever it lands that's the song that we play. it's

BBF: [?] we have this giant set of dice that has all the song names on each side... [?] we play a lot of Dungeons and Dragons so we have this, like, 20-sided dice... actually Dizzy plays it [?] himself. So we just... ah, I'll shut up now.

Dizzy: It's gonna be a new board game for Christmas, you can get your kids [?]. [?] of democracy.

DJ: That's horseshit.

BBF: Chinese [?].

Lady: Okay, yeah, so we're gonna give these guys a chance to ask you some questions but before that I got to tell a couple of things to them. [Speaking in Indonesian].

Lady: Okay, any questions?

Question from audience: Since you've come to middle Asia what you most like in Jakarta? And then, second question is: What do you think about Indonesia and- [?] how about your [?]?

Lady: Okay, who's gonna answer that?

DJ: What was the question?

Man: Since you have come to Jakarta, what's your like in the city? Much fear of food-

DJ: Hey, stop there. [?] answer your second question. You gotta go slow with this, we just woke up.

Lady: Okay, slow it down.

BBF: [pointing to own head] We're musicians, we're not all that.

DJ: It's very hot here. Very hot.

BBF: What do we think of Indonesia?

Dizzy: Uhm, yeah, it's great.

BBF: I love spicy food so I'm really happy to be here. Cuz I'll tell you, we were in India and I kept telling everyone, "Bring me spicy food, give me something hot," and they were, "This is very, very hot," and I'm eating this, like, baby food. I was like, "Come on! Come one!" So they added more peppers, more stuff, still not hot enough. So now we're here so I'm expecting that we're gonna have some real hot spicy food here.

Man: Before the show, we don't want you to get sick before the show.

Lady: Yeah, give you diarrhea or something.

Man: Don't eat too much spicy before the show, three hours. [?] stamina.

BBF: What doesn't kill you makes you strong.

Man: What's your favorite Guns N' Roses album, guys?

Tommy: Chinese Democracy, of course!

BBF: I like the next one.

Man: Oh, you like the next one. And when is it coming out, the next one? Cuz Chinese Democracy took more than 10 years, right? 14 years!

Tommy: About 20 years from now.

BBF: No, no, no. We like to make jokes. Soon?

DJ: We get asked that a lot and I think none of us are in [?] to make a bad record, so like anything, you know, it's like cooking food, you know when it's done and we won't put it out until then. You can't really put a date on that-

Lady: Something good takes time.

DJ: We got tons of cool shit in the works and we're gonna sit down together collectively and put together what we feel is going to be the next best Guns N' Roses record.

BBF: We just need to-

DJ: And when we decide that you will have it in your hands.

BBF: And it'll be great.

Man: If you [?], they will play.

BBF: Exactly.

Man: Why did you decide to show up in Jakarta?

Lady: Why did you decide to have a show here?

BBF: Well, you know, it's the bigger the band gets, the bigger a mountain to try and move it, it's not easy. Like, if you just have a small band and you just pack your gear in a van, it's a lot easier to book a show and go and get out there. But for something like Guns N' Roses where you have 50,000 pounds of gear, you have 60 people involved in making a show happen, it takes a lot of work and a lot of people involved. So it takes a promoter in Indonesia to want to have us to play here and then after work it out with the booking agent, work it out with the production manager, work it out with the itinerary coordinator, work it out with us, and it's very involved, it's not easy to make a show happen.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down

2012.12.14 - Indika 91.60 FM - Press Conference in Jakarta (Tommy, Dizzy, Bumblefoot, DJ) Empty Re: 2012.12.14 - Indika 91.60 FM - Press Conference in Jakarta (Tommy, Dizzy, Bumblefoot, DJ)

Post by Soulmonster Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:18 am

Transcribed this to the best of my ability.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down