APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Would Young Axl be proud of Recent/Current Axl today? :D

3 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Would Young Axl be proud of  Recent/Current Axl today? :D Empty Re: Would Young Axl be proud of Recent/Current Axl today? :D

Post by Soulmonster Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:19 pm

Answering such a question required a much more profound understanding of Axl, now and then, than any of us has.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Would Young Axl be proud of  Recent/Current Axl today? :D Empty Re: Would Young Axl be proud of Recent/Current Axl today? :D

Post by Uli Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:19 pm

I really don't know, but this old interview was kinda fun to read for a little insight into Axl's mind at the time!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/axl-rose-the-rolling-stone-interview-99204/

It’s the evening before a sold-out show in late January, and Rose is in an extremely good mood. Catching the singer in this frame of mind at the scheduled time for an interview can seem like a blessing from above if you’ve ever been around him in the other mood. When Rose is feeling pressured or angry, talking to him is a lot like dodging bullets. He tends to rant, barely stopping for breath, and even the most innocent of comments can set him on edge.

One thing that has people exasperated is the late show times. Why do you go on so late?

I pretty much follow my own internal clock, and I perform better later at night. Nothing seems to work out for me until later at night. And it is our show. I don’t want to make people sit around and wait –– it drives me nuts. That hour-and-a-half or two-hour time period that I’m late going onstage is living hell, because I’m wishing there was any way on earth I could get out of where I am and knowing I’m not going to be able to make it. I’m late to everything. I’ve always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I’M LATE.
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9431

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down