APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Fan recollections about Guns And Roses you have trouble believing?

2 posters

Go down

Fan recollections about Guns And Roses  you have trouble believing?  Empty Fan recollections about Guns And Roses you have trouble believing?

Post by Karice Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:01 pm

So, a Guns And Roses Fan said in 1984 Axl was wandering the streets of L.A. singing to himself for fun and I'll call this fan Alex(An anagram of Axl at least phonetically, 😏😉) claimed Axl and he or she had a nice conversation about the Music World and Alex claimed they told Axl he was going to be a huge success very soon in the Music World and his Band would also be huge very soon in the Music World. Axl asked Alex "Is the name of my huge Successful band going to be called,"LA Guns?" Alex replied,"You got half the Band name right! Lol." Alex claimed he or she knew Axl and his Band were both going to become huge successes in the Music World, but they turned out to be much bigger than he or she predicted.

My face was like🧐 about this Fan's recollection. Come on, Axl wandering the streets of LA in 1984 singing to himself for fun and chatting with a random person about how big he and his Band were going to be in the Music World? 🧐 Yeah right. But I recently learned that Axl was in a band called LA Guns in 1984 and Axl himself admitted in 1984 he was wandering the streets of LA, so now I wonder.... Hmm.🤔 I still don't completely buy him wandering the streets of LA and singing to himself for fun or randomly chatting with a random person about how huge he and his Band would be very soon in the Music World however....
Karice
Karice

Plectra : 750

Back to top Go down

Fan recollections about Guns And Roses  you have trouble believing?  Empty Re: Fan recollections about Guns And Roses you have trouble believing?

Post by Uli Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:20 am

My first question is: what is the source, where did you find this "story" from Alex? Does this person believe he/she is sort of a "visionary" or "medium"? Blanco

However, Axl wandering the streets of LA in '84 does not sound too incredible to me - he was a "strange cat" already and not a rockstar yet, thus he could walk anywhere without being hassled (well at least not because people would recognise him).
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 8233

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Fan recollections about Guns And Roses  you have trouble believing?  Empty Re: Fan recollections about Guns And Roses you have trouble believing?

Post by Karice Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:03 am

@Uli wrote:My first question is: what is the source, where did you find this "story" from Alex? Does this person believe he/she is sort of a "visionary" or "medium"? Blanco

However, Axl wandering the streets of LA in '84 does not sound too incredible to me - he was a "strange cat" already and not a rockstar yet, thus he could walk anywhere without being hassled (well at least not because people would recognise him).

Alex was a Fan of Guns And Roses on YouTube that claimed this..😏 😉 I don't know if I buy Axl wandering the streets of LA singing to himself for fun in 1984. He'd look crazy singing to himself for fun on the streets of LA. And I'm pretty sure if some random person on the streets told him he and his Band would both become huge successes in the Music World, he'd just think that random Person was a crazy weirdo and walk off. But the fact that he really was wandering the streets of LA in 1984 does make me wonder...🤔
Karice
Karice

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:38 am

@Karice wrote:
I don't know if I buy Axl wandering the streets of LA singing to himself for fun in 1984.  He'd look crazy singing to himself for fun on the streets of LA.

Sounds like "normal" Axl behaviour (at the time) to me! Crazy

The other stuff (about someone knowing the future of the band) is the part that bugs me.

Now if Axl had ever mentioned this story, it'd be more credible! (It's not like he never was seen around "mediums" and the like...)
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:58 am

@Uli wrote:
@Karice wrote:
I don't know if I buy Axl wandering the streets of LA singing to himself for fun in 1984.  He'd look crazy singing to himself for fun on the streets of LA.

Sounds like "normal" Axl behaviour (at the time) to me! Crazy

The other stuff (about someone knowing the future of the band) is the part that bugs me.

Now if Axl had ever mentioned this story, it'd be more credible! (It's not like he never was seen around "mediums" and the like...)

Hmm. Oh yeah. Axl is "Eccentric," so maybe he was wandering the streets of LA in 1984 and singing to himself for fun. 😏😉 Also apparently Axl does believe in Psychics. 😉 But I'm not so sure 22 year old Axl believed in Psychics. I'm not so sure that he'd be chatting with some random person in 1984 claiming he and his Band were going to become huge in the Music World very soon. I'd personally think this Random Person was crazy and walk off...😏😉
Karice
Karice

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:44 am

@Karice wrote:
I'm not so sure that he'd be chatting with some random person in 1984 claiming he and his Band were going to become huge in the Music World very soon. I'd personally think this Random Person was crazy and walk off...😏😉

Yeah well, I would do so too! Innocent
What does Alex say what happened next? Maybe Axl laughed about it inside and said bye-bye politely (feeling lucky to get away from that person)? Angel
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:53 am

Hmm. Axl himself said some random person when he was 22 said,"You know where you are? You're in the Jungle, Baby, you're gonna die!" That random Person's quote was the catalyst for Axl to write Welcome To The Jungle, and Axl even included the random Person's quote. 😏😀 On a side note, I am thinking of what could have happened if the random person said something like, "You know what you are? You're a Motherf...." 🤣 Imagine THAT song! 😀🤣
Karice
Karice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum