APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2019.07.11 - AL.com - Guitar hero Tracii Guns talks L.A. Guns, Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin

Go down

2019.07.11 - AL.com - Guitar hero Tracii Guns talks L.A. Guns, Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin Empty 2019.07.11 - AL.com - Guitar hero Tracii Guns talks L.A. Guns, Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin

Post by Soulmonster Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:10 pm

https://www.al.com/life/2019/07/guitar-hero-tracii-guns-talks-la-guns-axl-izzy.html

Excerpts about Axl and Izzy:

You mentioned Axl Rose. What's your most vivid memory from the first time you ever jammed with Axl, back in the day when you guys were first coming up?

Well, we spent so much time together that before I ever jammed with him we were at a soundcheck together where Hollywood Rose (a GN’R precursor band) and L.A. Guns were playing together. That was the first time I heard him sing, and it was him just checking the mic. It made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I was like, “Oh s--- who is this guy?” [Laughs] And that’s a very vivid memory.

Earlier you also mentioned Izzy Stradlin. Izzy's such a reclusive dude. Everyone I've ever interviewed that worked with him, played with music with him, talks about how cool he was. What made Izzy so cool?

What makes most cool guys cool is a certain insecurity. They don't want to be judged, they don't want confrontation so they choose their words carefully and when they finally put out an idea, it's a great idea and well thought-through. And he's certainly one of those guys. Even when we were teenagers Izzy was the coolest guy in town. I got in a fight with him and it was the coolest fight I'd ever been in, you know? [Laughs] He was so methodically about the way he bitch-slapped me, it was awesome. There's certain people that have personality like that and you can equate cool with careful, and I believe Izzy's a very careful person. And he's very well read, he's a smart guy and that's why he's probably always been kind of out of the public eye other than onstage because he knows better.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down