APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2007.08.09 - TK101 Radio (via Blabbermouth and Metal Sludge) - Interview with Slash

Go down

2007.08.09 - TK101 Radio (via Blabbermouth and Metal Sludge) - Interview with Slash Empty 2007.08.09 - TK101 Radio (via Blabbermouth and Metal Sludge) - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:14 pm

Blabbermouth, August 9, 2007:
--------------------------------------

Former Guns N' Roses and current Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash has spoken out about the recent Guns N' Roses near-reunion that took place at the Key Club in Hollywood, California and his reasons for not participating in it. Speaking to Mark the Shark of the TK101 radio station in Florida, Slash stated about the July 28, 2007 gig:

"I went down there for a minute to say 'Hi' to Steven and what-not. What happened was Steven has finally come out of that sort of haze that he's been in for the last 17 years — I don't think I need to explain it any more than that. I was sort of instrumental in getting him out of the place he was in into a little bit more sober kind of environment. So I've been hanging out with him and supporting him and stuff. He had that gig that was about to happen, and I'm really jazzed that he's gotten back on the drums and he's gotten ambitious again and he's gonna go out and play. And then at some point he went public and said… Steven's just an excitable guy and he meant well when he said it, but he said that there was gonna be this reunion, that I was gonna be there and Duff and Izzy and Axl possibly, and that just fueled that already rapid-fire kind of Guns N' Roses rumors that goes on. Once I started getting phone calls and e-mails from all over the world about this gig, I said, 'You know what? I can't support it as such 'cause that's not what it is.' So I went down there but I didn't wanna get up and play because I didn't wanna fuel that any further. So I think Duff got up and played, and Izzy got up and played, and it was what it was, but I don't see any reunion happening for real."

When asked if he has heard any of the material from Axl Rose's long-awaited "Chinese Democracy" album and to provide his thoughts on the current version of Guns N' Roses, Slash said:

"I haven't heard anything on 'Chinese Democracy' and probably won't until it's released. I'm sure at some point it will be released, but your guess is as good as mine. As far as what is happening with Guns N' Roses, when I quit the band, or when I left the organization, so to speak, and Axl was keeping the name, I sort of wished that he'd let the name go and done something on his own and kept the name sort of intact, but him using it and going out and doing his thing, it is what it is — I don't necessarily support it but I don't condemn it either. It's what he wanted to do."

https://search.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-explains-why-he-didn-t-take-part-in-guns-n-roses-reunion-gig/

Last edited by Blackstar on Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 86383

Back to top Go down

2007.08.09 - TK101 Radio (via Blabbermouth and Metal Sludge) - Interview with Slash Empty Re: 2007.08.09 - TK101 Radio (via Blabbermouth and Metal Sludge) - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:18 pm

Metal Sludge, August 9, 2007:
----------------------------------------------

Slash recently did a 10 minute plus phoner with a Dj from TK 101 Radio who are promoting a show called Bay Fest. He touches on many things related to the making of the new Velvet Revolver recording along with Guns n’ Roses, the music industry and of course his former partner in crime Axl Rose.

“I don’t wanna rag on the industry and what’s happening with music these days…but a lot of records are being made where people who can’t even play can put a record together that it sounds like they’re playing…there’s a lot of what you call Pro Tools and this, that and the other…”

“It's really hard to put a guitar solo together if you can’t play one.”

“There’s a lot of amazing guitar players out there, way better than me. They just can’t get a foot in the door. You can’t get a record deal anymore…you have to go on you tube or myspace and put it together on there…there’s no A&R guys no more”

“We’re as irresponsible as any old school rock band…”

“Jeff Lynn [frontman from ELO] called me up about 3 months ago really happy about it…” [referring to the VR cover of ELO’s “Can’t get it out of my head]

“Playing with Michael Jackson was a real experience, it was pretty interesting…”

“Steven [Adler] has finally come out of that sort of haze that he’s been in for the last 17 years…and I don’t think I have to explain it any more than that… I was sort of instrumental in getting him get out of that place he was in…and into a little bit more of a sober environment…”

“I don’t see any [Gn’R] reunion happening – for real!”

“I haven’t heard anything on Chinese Democracy… I probably won’t until it’s released.”

“I sort of wish that he’d [Axl] let the name [Guns n’ Roses] go and done something on his own, sort of kept the name sort of  intact."

“I don’t support it, but don’t condemn it either." [When asked about Axl’s new Gn’R line up]

“…it’s the same kind of thing… to have second shot… and have a great bunch of guys to work with…. but it’s also sort of a relief as well, it’s not a tenth as complicated or difficult to pull off…” [When asked about playing with Scott Weiland in VR in comparison to being in Gn’R with W. Axl Rose.]

http://metalsludge.tv/classic/?p=31424
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 86383

Back to top Go down