APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2010.05.20 - VH1 Radio/Blabbermouth - Slash Comments On Axl Rose's Lawsuit Against Former Manager

Go down

2010.05.20 - VH1 Radio/Blabbermouth - Slash Comments On Axl Rose's Lawsuit Against Former Manager  Empty 2010.05.20 - VH1 Radio/Blabbermouth - Slash Comments On Axl Rose's Lawsuit Against Former Manager

Post by Blackstar Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:47 am

Slash Comments On Axl Rose's Lawsuit Against Former Manager

Former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash has commented on the countersuit filed by his former GN'R bandmate, Axl Rose, against the singer's former manager, Irving Azoff, claiming that Azoff tried to bully Rose into doing a reunion tour with the original Guns lineup.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Rose claims in his suit that Azoff did everything he could to sabotage the current version of Guns after Rose said no to the reunion idea last year, alleging that Azoff tried "devising and implementing a secret plan to set up Rose and the band for failure so that Rose would have no choice but to reunite with the original Guns N' Roses members."

Rose's suit adds, "Upon realizing that he couldn't bully Rose and accomplish his scheme, Azoff resigned and abandoned Guns N' Roses on the eve of a major tour, filing suit for commissions he didn't earn and had no right to receive."

The claim also added that Azoff, in his own lawsuit, deliberately used Rose's real name, William Bailey, because it "carries significant emotional damage from Rose's childhood."

Speaking to VH1 Radio Networks' Dave Basner, Slash stated about Rose's countersuit, "I don't even know what that's about. I don't know where Axl is coming from. I mean, I know where Irving is coming from — he's looking for commissions for a tour that he booked. [It's a] pretty reasonable kind of thing. Axl's countersuing, so I'm not sure exactly what the merit is that he's countersuing, exactly. Anyways, I don't keep up with that, I don't follow it."

Rose is suing Azoff for at least $5 million, claiming breach of fiduciary duty, constructive fraud and breach of contract.

Azoff issued a statement in which he said, "On advice of counsel I cannot respond at this time, but will discuss in my upcoming book, 'My Life with William Bill Bailey'."

Rose was sued in March for nearly $2 million in unpaid commissions by Azoff's Frontline Management.

Azoff, considered one of the most powerful men in music, has managed the careers of artists such as the Eagles and Van Halen, and at one point handled the affairs of Slash and two more of Rose's former Guns bandmates in Velvet Revolver.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/slash-comments-on-axl-rose-s-lawsuit-against-former-manager/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down