APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2013.MM.DD - Excerpt from the documentary "Robert Williams Mr. Bitchin'" (contains clips from GN'R interviews)

Go down

2013.MM.DD - Excerpt from the documentary "Robert Williams Mr. Bitchin'" (contains clips from GN'R interviews) Empty 2013.MM.DD - Excerpt from the documentary "Robert Williams Mr. Bitchin'" (contains clips from GN'R interviews)

Post by Blackstar Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:20 am

Transcript:

Kurt Loder: Welcome back to the Week In Rock.

[cut]

John Norris: Hi, I'm Joh Norris with the new.

[cut]

Kurt Loder: -on the group's 1987 debut album is still stirring up controversy.

[cut]

Duff: People look at that sexist, or anything. I mean, I guess I can see what they're saying.

[cut]

JN: -sensationalistic work has attracted many fans, including Guns N' Roses. But his painting on the inner sleeve of their Appetite For Destruction caused the recent controversy in California. A feminist group branded it a glorification of rape.

[cut]

KL: "A glorification of rape".

[cut]

Slash: It wasn't good enough, right? When we took it off the front cover and put it on the inside, you know, that blows.

Duff: I mean-

Slash: They can't do anything about it.

[cut]

Robert Williams: When these people originally approached me they were unheard of and I considered them to be just another punk rock band that comes to my door and wants artwork.

[cut]

Slash: It was a postcard we found in a store in Melrose. I think Axl turned me onto it.

[cut]

Axl: I love the picture, but I kind of submitted it as a joke as it was so outrageous. And I was like, "You mean, you wanna use this? This is great!" So we then we just went for it.

[cut]

RW: They even used the name, the painting was Appetite For Destruction.

[cut]

Axl: I love the artwork and the talent that was involved in it and I think that since it was such an outrageous picture that, like, the skill and the talent involved in making it gets overlooked.

[cut]

RW I gave him my best wishes, but I warned him that this was going to get him in a lot of trouble. And it got him in exactly the amount of trouble I thought it was going to get him into.

[cut]

Axl: A lot of people don't have anything else to do.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 86383

Back to top Go down