APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2018.08.30 - Nothing Shocking Podcast - Interview with Dizzy

2 posters

Go down

2018.08.30 - Nothing Shocking Podcast - Interview with Dizzy Empty 2018.08.30 - Nothing Shocking Podcast - Interview with Dizzy

Post by Blackstar Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:31 pm

Audio:

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
-----------------------------------

Dizzy Reed: 'I Know What My Role Is With Guns N' Roses'

Guns N' Roses keyboardist Dizzy Reed was recently interviewed by the "Nothing Shocking" podcast. A couple of excerpts follow (transcribed by Blabbermouth.net).

On how important it is for him to have an extra outlet, like his solo band and Hookers & Blow, to play with when Guns N' Roses is off the road:

Dizzy: "I know what my role is with Guns N' Roses, and I'm very content and happy with that, and I'm very grateful and thankful that I've had that opportunity, over the years, to be a part of that, but as a musician and as an artist, I think it's important to have an outlet to go… There's other things that I can do and there's songs that I wanna sing and other things that I wanna do, and it gives me an outlet to do that, and that's great. But my number one priority is always with Guns N' Roses, and I'm always ready to do that when they need me. And I'm thankful and grateful that they are cool with me doing other things, like I [have been] doing."

On his preference for touring in terms of where he plays and how much time he spends on the road:

Dizzy: "Endless touring — that's my preference. That's how I roll. I'll take it whenever I can get it, 'cause there's been times in my life and my career where there was nothing. So if it's available, I'm gonna do it. That's what I prefer."

One how he keeps from being burnt out on touring after spending months on the road:

Dizzy: "Jägermeister. Actually, the real answer to that question is it's all I know how to do; it's my job and I'm way past the point of no return — like, way past. There's nothing else I can really do. And these days you don't make a lot of money selling records — if any at all, really. You've gotta go out and play in front of people. And I feel like that's what I was born to do — I've been doing it my whole life, since I was 10 years old. So that's how I do it. And if I start to get burnt out sometimes, and I do — we all do; the traveling really starts to take a lot out of you when you get older — but when it gets to that point, I just think about people that are busting their hump in a coalmine or working at a convenience store, or whatever the hell, and I think, 'I don't have it so bad, man.' And that's what keeps me going."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/dizzy-reed-i-know-what-my-role-is-with-guns-n-roses
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 86383

Back to top Go down

2018.08.30 - Nothing Shocking Podcast - Interview with Dizzy Empty Re: 2018.08.30 - Nothing Shocking Podcast - Interview with Dizzy

Post by Soulmonster Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:43 pm

Doesn't seem like the audio to this works anymore. You still got it, @Blackstar ?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76572

Back to top Go down

2018.08.30 - Nothing Shocking Podcast - Interview with Dizzy Empty Re: 2018.08.30 - Nothing Shocking Podcast - Interview with Dizzy

Post by Blackstar Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:49 pm

Soulmonster wrote:Doesn't seem like the audio to this works anymore. You still got it, @Blackstar ?
No, I don't have it. I have replaced the audio whenever I had it or could find it from another source, but I wasn't lucky with this one.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 86383

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down