APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2018.04.23 - Billboard - Steven Adler & Constantine Maroulis Team Up For New Supergroup

Go down

2018.04.23 - Billboard - Steven Adler & Constantine Maroulis Team Up For New Supergroup Empty 2018.04.23 - Billboard - Steven Adler & Constantine Maroulis Team Up For New Supergroup

Post by Blackstar Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:19 am

Ex-Guns N' Roses Drummer Steven Adler on New Band With Constantine Maroulis: 'I'm Finally Working With a Real Superstar Again'

By Gil Kaufman

Imagine growing up as a rock and roll fanatic, thrashing around in your childhood bedroom with a tennis racket and plastic microphone, screeching out the chorus to Guns N' Roses' "Welcome to the Jungle" until your mom bangs on your floor with a broom begging you to keep it down. Now flash-forward 30 years and picture yourself doing the same thing, only now GNR's original drummer, Steven Adler, is sitting behind you bashing out the familiar strains of all your Appetite for Destruction favorites.

"Of course, Guns N' Roses was the soundtrack to my youth," Constantine Maroulis, 42, of American Idol and Rock of Ages fame tells Billboard about how unbelievably psyched he is to be playing in the newly formed Adler's Appetite Featuring Constantine Maroulis. "To play with Steven has been the highlight of my career. He's a lovely guy, and his playing on Appetite was second to none, and that sound he made on it defined that whole generation's sound."

The pair met up after their managers suggested they try playing together, and to hear Maroulis tell it, they became fast friends, which has led to an upcoming live debut at the famed Whisky A Go Go in Los Angeles on May 10 and then a 10-date tour of Australia in late May and plans for summer festival appearances and a longer fall tour. "It quickly reminded me that I was playing in a room with someone from GN'R, which was humbling, for sure," Maroulis says about the pair's first sessions together.

After coming in sixth place on the fourth season of Idol in 2005 and going on to Broadway fame in the metal-themed Rock of Ages and Jekyll and Hyde, Maroulis has emerged as a true rock renaissance man, capable of interpreting a wide range of rock classics with a variety of interpretive acts, from Postmodern Jukebox to '80s cover band Jessie's Girl.

Or, as Adler terms it, when he belatedly dials in to a conference call to discuss the group and is loudly handed the phone by his mother: "Let me just fucking tell you something... this guy Constantine, who I call 'Casanova'... he came up to New York and I'm like 'oh my God, I got this great rock and roll singer!'" Adler, 53, begins gushing about a video that Maroulis sent him recently (which appears to be something of a hush-hush project that is not yet ready for public consumption), saying that his new frontman is a legitimate "superstar" that he's proud to be touring with.

"I'm finally working with a real superstar again," says Adler, who was famously booted from GN'R in 1990 due to his addiction issues, which plagued him for years; Maroulis says Adler has been clean for five years. "I call him 'Casanova" because he's so goddamn sexy," Adler shouts in his signature excited, slightly slurred voice over an incessant beeping on his phone that he can't figure out how to mute. "Because he dresses so nice. I wish I was his size so I could double my wardrobe! ... He flew up to New York and within five minutes I wanted to kick his fuckin' ass! And within 10 minutes I fell in love with him!"

The bromance clearly goes both ways, as Maroulis patiently suggests Adler hang up and try calling back in again while explaining that he's looking forward to interpreting the classic GN'R catalog in his unique style, tossing in some cool covers, some songs from the drummer's Adler's Appetite side project and maybe trying out some new songs.

"The crux of it will be celebrating the Guns N' Roses catalog with a new take. ... They're out there playing stadiums, and really Steven should be in the band," Maroulis says about the reunited GN'R, who've been hitting arenas and stadiums around the globe for the smash Not in This Lifetime tour since 2015 with original bassist Duff McKagan, guitarist Slash and keyboard player Dizzy Reed and a handful of other new members, but, pointedly, not Adler. "We're out to prove we sound great and his presence is sorely missed in the big band as well." Adler did sit in with GN'R for a few songs in July 2016 but has otherwise not been invited to rejoin the band.

Back on the line (but still beeping out of control), Adler adds, "Guns N' Roses are the biggest rock band in the fuckin' world now, and since the guys don't want me to play with them and I love these songs and I'm so proud of them ... now I finally have a singer who can compete with the young Axl Rose." Only Adler, known for his easy laughter and irreverent nature, can't help interjecting a good-natured dig at his former frontman. "Axl is Axl and Casanova is fuckin' Casanova. ... You do the greatest job at being yourself [to Maroulis]. That's all I want. Also, his name isn't 'asshole' it's Axl. It sounds like you're saying 'asshole,' but it's Axl."

Asked what he sees in his mind when he closes his eyes and listens to Maroulis singing those iconic hits, Adler jokes, "I don't close my eyes because he's standing right in front of me and I get to stare at his sexy fuckin' ass!" (At this point Adler notes that his mother had just flipped him the middle finger, with no explanation offered.)

And with that, after teasing that all he can say about the rest of the band is that they are "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil," Adler loses patience with the faulty phone and says he's hanging up. "Even if 10 people come to the show, those 10 people will be happier than fuck!" Maroulis says he's looking at this new gig as a kind of acting job, taking on the role in order to celebrate the "spirit" of what Rose did in the early days, but not at all aiming to do an imitation of the man he calls a "rock god."

"It definitely celebrates that era, and the shows will be a party that will definitely bring you back to the fun of the Sunset Strip in the mid- to late '80s," he says, adding that the clean-and-sober drummer is "playing the shit" out of his instrument these days. "It's a great story of redemption to tell, and I'm excited to be part of it. I know he wants to play with his friends again and I feel like I can help him get there by having them see how great he sounds and how great we sound."

Plus, he teases, you just never know who might show up at one of the gigs, with Slash and long-lost GN'R guitarist Izzy Stradlin on his wish list. "We put together an incredible band and we want to play shows, be on the Transformers soundtrack, do some big, rock and roll anthem epic shit."

https://www.billboard.com/music/rock/steven-adler-supergroup-constantine-maroulis-guns-n-roses-8372399/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85696

Back to top Go down

2018.04.23 - Billboard - Steven Adler & Constantine Maroulis Team Up For New Supergroup Empty Re: 2018.04.23 - Billboard - Steven Adler & Constantine Maroulis Team Up For New Supergroup

Post by Blackstar Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:43 am

Press release via Blabbermouth, April 25:
----------------------------------------------

Steven Adler To Be Joined By Ex-Dokken, Bang Tango Members On Australian Adler's Appetite Tour

Following the announcement last month of his Australian tour, ex-Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler has unveiled the members of the the newly formed  Adler's Appetite Featuring Constantine Maroulis band that will be playing alongside him to celebrate the 30th anniversary of GNR's classic debut album by performing "Appetite For Destruction" in its entirety. They are:

Constantine Maroulis (Vocals)
Carl Restivo (Rhythm Guitar)
Sean McNabb (Bass)
Michael Thomas (Lead Guitar)

Constantine is a Greek-American actor and rock singer from Wyckoff, New Jersey. He was the sixth-place finalist on the fourth season of "American Idol" and received a nomination for the Tony Award for "Best Performance By A Leading Actor In A Musical" for his role in "Rock Of Ages". He starred in the title role in "Jekyll And Hyde" on Broadway, for which he received a Drama League Award nomination for a "Distinguished Performance Award."

Carl Restivo is a multi-instrumentalist, vocalist, songwriter and producer. Carl is a member of Tom Morello's Nightwatchman band and was in Street Sweeper Social Club, Perry Farrell's Satellite Party and Rihanna's band. He has co-written about a dozen songs with Perry Farrell ("Go All The Way" from the "Twilight" soundtrack, and "Underground" from Jane's Addiction's "The Great Escape Artist"),and is a producer on Morello's new solo album coming out October 2018. Restivo also is a co-owner of Paramount Academy Of Music, a non-profit music school in Los Angeles, where he currently resides.

McNabb is an American actor, bassist and singer. At age 21, he became the bass player of the 1980s metal band Quiet Riot, replacing Chuck Wright. McNabb joined Dokken as their bassist in 2009 and was a mainstay with the band until 2014. He has also toured and recorded with House Of Lords, Great White, Lynch Mob, Montrose, Queensryche, Jack Wagner, Don Felder, Edgar Winter, Maya, Bad Moon Rising, Rough Cutt, Burning Rain and XYZ.

Thomas began at the age of 12 when he picked up his first guitar and his shining career was born. This ferocious shredder has played with such bands as Faster Pussycat, Bang Tango, his own band Fastback and Beautiful Creatures. But there is so much more to this sensational artist.

Each stop on Adler's Australian tour will feature a question-and-answer session with Steven and his mother, Deanna Adler, steadfast supporter and author of "Sweet Child Of Mine: How I Lost My Son To Guns N' Roses". During the last quarter century, Deanna Adler kept her diaries, journals, and personal letters, as well as a dozen scrapbooks and hundreds of photographs, putting them aside for safekeeping. This is your opportunity to experience the rare personal and emotive journey about raising her son, and the efforts of keeping him alive and herself sane.

Tour dates:

May 16 - Discovery, Darwin
May 17 - The Gov, Adelaide
May 18 - Capitol, Perth
May 19 - The Backroom, Brisbane
May 25 - 170 Russell, Melbourne
May 26 - Max Watts, Sydney

https://blabbermouth.net/news/steven-adler-to-be-joined-by-extreme-ex-dokken-members-on-australian-adlers-appetite-tour
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85696

Back to top Go down