APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2014.05.25 - Zombie Tapdance - Interview with Bumblefoot

Go down

2014.05.25 - Zombie Tapdance - Interview with Bumblefoot Empty 2014.05.25 - Zombie Tapdance - Interview with Bumblefoot

Post by Soulmonster Wed May 28, 2014 1:27 pm

Transcript:

Jeremy: Hi, I'm Jeremy of Zombie Tapdance. I'm here with Bumblefoot currently in Guns N' Roses.

Bumblefoot: "Currently"?

[laughter]

Bumblefoot: Currently for how long [looking at his watch]. Doing great, man, it's good to see you and good chatting with you guys.

Jeremy: Yeah, I cannot... I've just been telling him I cannot wait to see him play. You guys have been on my bucket list, one of the bands that I have to see before I croak-

Bumblefoot: Or we croak.

Jeremy: Or you croak. How are things going? You know, how are you... do you feel like you're being received well?

Bumblefoot: I guess we'll see tonight, we'll see what gets thrown at us. You know, if they throw underwear, things are going well; if they throw bottles, not so good.

Jeremy: Please tell me you throw something back.

Bumblefoot: I throw my underwear back.

Jeremy: Now, do you watch a lot of movies at all?

Bumblefoot: All the time, yes.

Jeremy: Okay, was it Zoolander where he pulls his underwear out, can you do that?

Bumblefoot: No, no, but I'll try tonight. I'll definitely try.

Jeremy: I'm gonna hold you to that. So if you do throw anything else besides your underwear out like a guitar, make sure to hit me in the head with it.

Bumblefoot: I'll make sure. Well, we'll probably throw DJ's guitars. I need mine.

Jeremy: Okay, that's good, too. So, tell me about your guitars, like what's the most unique guitar?

Bumblefoot: I use, it is a custom signature guitar that this company in France called Vigier, v-i-g-i-e-r, it's a double neck guitar and the top neck is fretless, so it's just a stainless steel neck, no frets on it and just close your eyes and hope for the best. And yeah, sort of almost like playing a cello or a violin kind of thing. So I switch back and forth. With my solo stuff I do a lot of that in my own music. So I sort of brought that into the whole Guns thing. So normally where there would be, like, a slide part, I just jump onto that neck and slide with that. So it works, I find a way to bring my own thing into that, so yeah.

Jeremy: Do you mind if for the viewers I pop a picture of that up, can I find it online?

Bumblefoot: You can pop up, you can find many pictures online, pop a picture up.

Jeremy: All right. I'm gonna have to do that. So what's going on with the solo career right now? Are you working double time? Are you taking a break from that?

Bumblefoot: I'm losing my mind, I've been doing the tour, I've been forcing myself to write songs, and then every day I'm home I'm in the studio with my drummer Dennis and we're laying all the drum tracks and writing more stuff. And as soon as we finish up the Guns touring I'm starting a US solo tour and it's going to be with Yngwie Malmsteen, Gary Hoey and Uli John Roth called the Guitar Gods Tour.

Jeremy: Oh my god, please, please tell me you're coming through Ohio, Columbus, anything?

Bumblefoot: I don't know, I'm not sure, I gotta check. I know what we're hitting Illinois, we're in Pennsylvania, I don't... I gotta check and see where we were able to get shows. But it's starting on June 12th in the northeast, it's going to the northwest, going down to the southwest and then southeast. So just making a big old C.

Jeremy:  Whatever city gets that tour is extremely lucky, extremely lucky.

Bumblefoot: So yeah, now we didn't plan this, we just saw each other, we're like, "Hey, let's do an interview!" so we're kind of making this up as we go along, it's cool.

Jeremy: And I appreciate it, I'm like... I'm melting inside. I don't know.

Someone: I'm gonna talk about GN'R and being in the band with Axl and all that stuff.

Bumblefoot: What to say about that? Everyday, a new adventure. Yeah.

Someone: Like, do you have any special stories, I mean you guys have been touring-

Bumblefoot: I have books and books, I have a library of books of stories but i'm not going to tell them. I'm trying to forget them. I'm trying to forget the stories.

Someone: Good stories? Any good stuff?

Bumblefoot: There's a lot of good stories, yeah. You know what, for me, honestly, the good stories that i remember most - besides the food - because really, the only reason I tour is for the food-

Jeremy: What is your favorite food?

Bumblefoot: Oh, I mean, I love all kinds of things, Indonesian food... I like all food, I'm just a foodie, I love to eat. You know, yesterday I was at the North Market here, spent the whole day there with CaJohn's Fiery Foods - we make hot sauce together - so I was having everyone taste the hot sauces as a pimpin' the sauce, and it was a good time. I had some Pam's Popcorn, it was delicious.

Jeremy: Did you try Jenny's Ice Cream? That's a shout out.

Bumblefoot: Jenny's Ice Cream, yeah! Jenny's Ice Cream is the best stuff, I didn't get to have any this time, last time I did. There's that good pasteria over there, and there's of course Holy Smoke, great, great barbecue. So yeah, it's a wonderful place to just spend the day gorging yourself with all kinds of food, the Vietnamese food, everything, yeah.

Jeremy: Yeah, we're very lucky to have North Market. So, I always want to ask, especially somebody of your caliber, what goes on behind Bumblefoot, what do you do on your off time? Like, how are you on your-

Bumblefoot: I don't have off time. Yesterday... what was I doing? I was filling out paperwork for Canadian tax waivers for the tour, you know, just sorting email interviews that I'll be doing on the plane home, then I get home and I gotta lay, you know, all the scratch tracks and get things ready for Dennis to lay his drums to for my stuff. And it's just, you know, endless, just task after task, with my manager now going through merch designs, figuring that out and so it's just non-stop things. So it's always something, yeah. So I've been out... yeah, I really haven't had a free moment in literally almost 20 years, yeah. That's all right, though, I like what I do so it's like I don't want to be not doing it, that's a double negative, I want to be doing it, there we go. So I'm happy to be busy. Busy is a labor of love, of doing something that you enjoy and you love to do, every aspect of it. So yeah, it's good.

Jeremy: We appreciate you doing it. I appreciate the interview, man, thank you so much.

Someone: Hey, can I ask one more question?

Bumblefoot: Yeah.

Someone: I want to hear your - uh, you don't have to put me on-

Bumblefoot: Sure, get on.

Someone: I just want to ask about your guitars, man, the Bumblefoot guitar. Tell me about the Bumblefoot guitar, did you design this?

Bumblefoot: Well, that one was actually designed after the front cover of my very first album on Shrapnel Records in 1994-95. It had this giant foot with black and yellow stripes and these wings and-

Someone: Yeah, it moved a little bit when you played.

Bumblefoot: Oh yeah. So the guys at Vigier, that same company that I've been with like 17 years, they make all my crazy stuff, so they made that guitar and they made it where you push down the vibrato bar and wings pop out of the sides. It's the most bizarre thing.

Someone: So would you say that's your most unique, compared to the one that you're playing tonight?

Bumblefoot: Definitely.

Someone: Do you still bust that out?

Bumblefoot: Yeah, once in a while. ON GN'R, not so much, but on my own thing, I'll bust it out, yeah.

Someone: It's not GN'R style?

Bumblefoot: I used to bust it out but I don't know, that whole Saturday Morning, that whole Monty Python kind of thing, didn't really go with all the Les Pauls and everything. So yeah, I just got to save it for my own thing.

Someone: All right, sweet, man. I just really wanted to talk to you about the guitars, man. Thank you for chatting with Zombie Tapdancing.

Bumblefoot: Thank you so much.

Someone: You're a legend man, appreciate it.

Bumblefoot: Thank you so much.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

2014.05.25 - Zombie Tapdance - Interview with Bumblefoot Empty Re: 2014.05.25 - Zombie Tapdance - Interview with Bumblefoot

Post by Soulmonster Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:04 pm

Done transcribin'.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down