APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2011.09.DD - Guitar World - Bumblefoot talks about his favourite GN'R song

2 posters

Go down

2011.09.DD - Guitar World - Bumblefoot talks about his favourite GN'R song Empty 2011.09.DD - Guitar World - Bumblefoot talks about his favourite GN'R song

Post by Soulmonster Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:51 pm

In honor of the 20th anniversary of Use Your Illusion I & II, I recently broke down all 30 songs from the albums, ranked in order from worst to best.

During the process of trying to get in touch with GNR's people for an unrelated project, I also caught up with current Guns guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, and I asked him about his favorite song from UYI to play live. Here's what he had to say:

"It was May 2006, my first tour with GNR. Fans would email daily asking if we could please play 'Don't Cry.' I remember standing alone on stage in front of 100,000+ people, taking a solo, and I just started playing it on my own, motioning the audience to sing along. For the next year that became part of my solo, a lone guitar rendition, the audience singing along, a moment where we'd really connect each night. One of the last shows after a year of touring, I played it as an encore and Axl joined in and sang it, for the first time in over a decade. [We] started adding it back into the set after that. Always loved the song, but after all that it has an added personal meaning to me now."

Source: http://www.guitarworld.com/guns-n-roses-guitarist-ron-bumblefoot-thal-talks-about-his-favorite-use-your-illusion-song

Last edited by Soulmonster on Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76572

Back to top Go down

2011.09.DD - Guitar World - Bumblefoot talks about his favourite GN'R song Empty Re: 2011.09.DD - Guitar World - Bumblefoot talks about his favourite GN'R song

Post by DanyYo Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:34 am

Ron's Don't Cry solo was one of the highlights of the GN'R gig I went to 2011.09.DD - Guitar World - Bumblefoot talks about his favourite GN'R song 591921268

Last edited by DanyYo on Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong choice of words)
DanyYo
DanyYo

Plectra : 6274

Back to top Go down