APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Used To Love Her

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Used To Love Her

Post by Soulmonster on Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:16 am

USED TO LOVE HER
Album:
Lies, track no. 6.

Written by:
Guns N' Roses.

Musicians:
Vocals: Axl Rose; lead Guitar: Slash; rhythm guitar: Izzy Stradlin; bass: Duff McKagan; drums: Steven Adler.

Live performances:
This song was played for the first time October 30, 1987 at an acoustic gig at CBGB's, USA. In total it has, as of {UPDATEDATE}, at least been played {UTLHSONGS} times.
Lyrics:
I used to love her, but I had
       to kill her
       I used to love her, but I had to kill her
       I had to put her
       Six feet under
       And I can still hear her complain

I knew I miss her
       So I had to keep her
       She's buried right in my back yard

She bitched so much
       She drove me nuts
       And now I'm happier this way

I had to put her
       Six feet under
       And I can still hear her complain

Quotes:
Our first song I would not consider a true song but maybe how you feel sometimes [New York, NY, CBGB's - October 30, 1987].

It’s very tongue-in- cheek! It’s not to be taken seriously, ya know, it’s like a joke. I don’t condone wife-beating. I understand it, but I don’t condone it. So, it’s very tongue-in-cheek [MTV, 1988].

Listen to me, fuckers. This is a song that we wrote as a joke. We actually wrote this making fun of another band's song, some song about kissing ass and I thought that was really pussy, so. We wrote this as a joke, but it is basically what to do with your sweet child, or sweet boy, when they become a pain in your fucking ass. And it's called 'I Used To Love Her But I Had To Kill Her' [Val du Lakes Amphitheatre, July 30, 1988].

'I Used To Love Her But I Had To Kill Her' is a joke. I was sitting around listening to the radio and some guy was whining about a broad who was treating him bad. I wanted to take the radio and smash it against the wall. Such self-pity! What a wimp! So we rewrote the same song we heard with a better ending, it's a real New York type song [Superstar Facts No. 16, 1988].

The first type I heard lyrics to that song was back at the Hell House. Axl and Duff came up with them. I thought it was so damn funny ["My Appetite for Destruction", 2010, pp. 160].

'Used To Love Her' performed for the first time live at CBGB's, October 30, 1987:

Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 50401

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum