APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

The food thread yay!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The food thread yay! Empty The food thread yay!

Post by Monique on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:20 am

Share recipes, pics, and info of your favorite things to eat The food thread yay! 731979
Monique
Monique
 
 

Posts : 65
Plectra : 3128
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-05-26

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by Monique on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:25 am

I have a sweet tooth. I prefer sweet stuff to savory The food thread yay! 6680 and my favorite dessert as of late is cheesecake
The food thread yay! New-york-cheesecak-ricoe




ohhhhh hail the new york style cheesecake!
Monique
Monique
 
 

Posts : 65
Plectra : 3128
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-05-26

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by DanyYo on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:35 am

Same here The food thread yay! 3442241888
DanyYo
DanyYo
 
 

Posts : 578
Plectra : 4542
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by Soulmonster on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:41 am

Great idea for a thread! I will post lots of mushroom pics Wink. Nah.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Posts : 9304
Plectra : 57291
Reputation : 788
Join date : 2010-07-05

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by DanyYo on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:28 am

Hahaha, mushrooms.
DanyYo
DanyYo
 
 

Posts : 578
Plectra : 4542
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by Monique on Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:56 am

Tonight I'll have pizza and beer. Winning combo The food thread yay! 671699

The food thread yay! Pizza-1
Monique
Monique
 
 

Posts : 65
Plectra : 3128
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-05-26

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by DanyYo on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:02 am

The food thread yay! 519x3412

I should it more fish.
DanyYo
DanyYo
 
 

Posts : 578
Plectra : 4542
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by Soulmonster on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:39 am

We're having home-made fish cakes today Razz .
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Posts : 9304
Plectra : 57291
Reputation : 788
Join date : 2010-07-05

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by DanyYo on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:02 am

Sounds good The food thread yay! 3388394339

The food thread yay! Hot-do10

Not very healthy but yammy nontheless The food thread yay! 3442241888

DanyYo
DanyYo
 
 

Posts : 578
Plectra : 4542
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by DanyYo on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:15 am

Today's lunch order was tarator (cold cucumber soup), tomatoes filled with rice, veg & minced meat and chicken steaks in cornflakes coating
+ icecream which I couldn't bother to prepare of course.
I'd forgot how much I love cooking.
DanyYo
DanyYo
 
 

Posts : 578
Plectra : 4542
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by DanyYo on Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:00 am

The food thread yay! Ekleri
DanyYo
DanyYo
 
 

Posts : 578
Plectra : 4542
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by DanyYo on Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:28 pm

The food thread yay! Delicious-Traditional-Lasagna-Recipe

Discussed with a colleague lasagne recipes this morning. Haven't done one for ages. This one looks good *nod*
DanyYo
DanyYo
 
 

Posts : 578
Plectra : 4542
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by DanyYo on Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:25 am

The food thread yay! Chocolate-cake
DanyYo
DanyYo
 
 

Posts : 578
Plectra : 4542
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by Monique on Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:29 am

Instant noodles rock!!! I'm obssesed The food thread yay! 542372685

The food thread yay! Nongshim-vegetal-kimchi
Monique
Monique
 
 

Posts : 65
Plectra : 3128
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-05-26

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by Soulmonster on Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:32 am

Haha, instant noodles was a popular thing as a student. I still eat it occasionally. Sometimes I jazz it up a bit by adding minced beef, an egg, pieces of cheese and more spices. Than I stir it until the egg is cooked and the cheese has melted. A weird dish but tastes great. And takes like 10 minutes to prepare.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Posts : 9304
Plectra : 57291
Reputation : 788
Join date : 2010-07-05

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by DanyYo on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:01 pm

The food thread yay! 021125316

Cooking this for lunch but apart from potatoes, I added peas as well.
DanyYo
DanyYo
 
 

Posts : 578
Plectra : 4542
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by DanyYo on Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:42 am

The food thread yay! Images-15
DanyYo
DanyYo
 
 

Posts : 578
Plectra : 4542
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by Monique on Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:32 pm

@Soulmonster wrote:Haha, instant noodles was a popular thing as a student. I still eat it occasionally. Sometimes I jazz it up a bit by adding minced beef, an egg, pieces of cheese and more spices. Than I stir it until the egg is cooked and the cheese has melted. A weird dish but tastes great. And takes like 10 minutes to prepare.

That actually sounds great! I hat Thai food with my best friend today for the first time, it rocked! Is a little bit like what you described but it had shrimp and rice noodles. The food thread yay! 1869152358
Monique
Monique
 
 

Posts : 65
Plectra : 3128
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-05-26

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by Monique on Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:39 pm

And we had something like this for dessert The food thread yay! 90521

The food thread yay! RecipeImage
Monique
Monique
 
 

Posts : 65
Plectra : 3128
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-05-26

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by Soulmonster on Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:14 pm

@Monique wrote:
@Soulmonster wrote:Haha, instant noodles was a popular thing as a student. I still eat it occasionally. Sometimes I jazz it up a bit by adding minced beef, an egg, pieces of cheese and more spices. Than I stir it until the egg is cooked and the cheese has melted. A weird dish but tastes great. And takes like 10 minutes to prepare.

That actually sounds great! I hat Thai food with my best friend today for the first time, it rocked! Is a little bit like what you described but it had shrimp and rice noodles. The food thread yay! 1869152358

I looooove Thai food Smile. But even more, I love Burmese food. Too bad there are s few Burmese restaurants around here. Or Burmese people for that matter.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Posts : 9304
Plectra : 57291
Reputation : 788
Join date : 2010-07-05

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by Monique on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:42 am

@Soulmonster wrote:
@Monique wrote:
@Soulmonster wrote:Haha, instant noodles was a popular thing as a student. I still eat it occasionally. Sometimes I jazz it up a bit by adding minced beef, an egg, pieces of cheese and more spices. Than I stir it until the egg is cooked and the cheese has melted. A weird dish but tastes great. And takes like 10 minutes to prepare.

That actually sounds great! I hat Thai food with my best friend today for the first time, it rocked! Is a little bit like what you described but it had shrimp and rice noodles. The food thread yay! 1869152358

I looooove Thai food The food thread yay! 679352. But even more, I love Burmese food. Too bad there are s few Burmese restaurants around here. Or Burmese people for that matter.

OMG I can't even imagine finding a Burmese restaurant around here lol! What's different or unique about Burmese food?
Monique
Monique
 
 

Posts : 65
Plectra : 3128
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-05-26

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by Soulmonster on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:46 am

@Monique wrote:OMG I can't even imagine finding a Burmese restaurant around here lol! What's different or unique about Burmese food?

I haven't eaten at Burmese restaurants so many times that I feel able to generalize, but typically south east Asia cuisine with lots of different spices but not as how as Thai? And they have amazing ginger beer. I stumbled into a Burmese restaurant while walking around San Francisco and had one of the best dinners ever.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Posts : 9304
Plectra : 57291
Reputation : 788
Join date : 2010-07-05

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by Monique on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:27 am

@Soulmonster wrote:
@Monique wrote:OMG I can't even imagine finding a Burmese restaurant around here lol! What's different or unique about Burmese food?

I haven't eaten at Burmese restaurants so many times that I feel able to generalize, but typically south east Asia cuisine with lots of different spices but not as how as Thai? And they have amazing ginger beer. I stumbled into a Burmese restaurant while walking around San Francisco and had one of the best dinners ever.

Yeah I love Southeast Asian food too. Especially because they use coconut milk, peanut oil, and chili. Definitely food for grown-ups!
Monique
Monique
 
 

Posts : 65
Plectra : 3128
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-05-26

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by Soulmonster on Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:40 am

Uhm, I got hungry again now. What kind of food do you eat in Chile? Anything exotic?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Posts : 9304
Plectra : 57291
Reputation : 788
Join date : 2010-07-05

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by Monique on Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:50 am

@Soulmonster wrote:Uhm, I got hungry again now. What kind of food do you eat in Chile? Anything exotic?

I'm from Ecuador lol, our typical food has pork, beef, and many grains, banana and plantain based dishes. One of my favorites are "humitas" which are made from corn but my favorites are empanadas!!!!

The food thread yay! 26812867_1

You can fill them with pretty much anything. ^the ones on the pic are made with plantain dough.

And these are yuca also know as cassave empanadas, with cassave dough

The food thread yay! Empanadastipicas
Monique
Monique
 
 

Posts : 65
Plectra : 3128
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-05-26

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by Soulmonster on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:33 am

That's weird, why did I think you were from Chile? The food thread yay! 34879 An old classmate of mine lived in Quito for a while.

Those look yummy! The food thread yay! 3597338600
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Posts : 9304
Plectra : 57291
Reputation : 788
Join date : 2010-07-05

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by Monique on Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:43 pm

@Soulmonster wrote:That's weird, why did I think you were from Chile? The food thread yay! 34879 An old classmate of mine lived in Quito for a while.

Those look yummy! The food thread yay! 3597338600

Idk lol! I live there! my brother's Norwegian gf is staying here for 6 months as well, she lives with a Norwegian girl at an apartment not so far away from our house.
Monique
Monique
 
 

Posts : 65
Plectra : 3128
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-05-26

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by Soulmonster on Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:17 pm

That's strange. A Norwegian girl in Quito. That's like meeting an Ecuadorian guy here in Trondheim.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Posts : 9304
Plectra : 57291
Reputation : 788
Join date : 2010-07-05

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by Monique on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:24 am

@Soulmonster wrote:That's strange. A Norwegian girl in Quito. That's like meeting an Ecuadorian guy here in Trondheim.

Yeah lol. Although my brother met her when he was studying in Scotland.

What's the Norwegian traditional food like?
Monique
Monique
 
 

Posts : 65
Plectra : 3128
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-05-26

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by Soulmonster on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:44 am

My grandmother's parents used to have herring and potatoes every day of the week except for Sundays, then they had meatballs (only 2 per person), potatoes and gravy. So I guess herring an meatballs is traditional Norwegian food. But along the coast people ate other types of fish as well, and some hunting took place so people could have moose and reindeer for special occasions. When it comes to fish we have traditionally been quite creative to preservation, and smoked and rotten salmon is quite traditional. Today, though, we eat a mix of global cuisine, from Asian, Mexican, Italian and French food.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Posts : 9304
Plectra : 57291
Reputation : 788
Join date : 2010-07-05

Back to top Go down

The food thread yay! Empty Re: The food thread yay!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum