APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

The 'Introduce Yourself' Thread

+32
Dazey
Blackstar
FRANSAD
NeetziD
denitza
rosesforcure
sipuli
martingonzo
bacardimayne
J.Hanover
GN'R-Norway
King Nothing
KuraiFusai
HBK
Damn_Smooth
Voodoochild
Angeles_
iftheworld
Broskirose
axl_wanna431340
GnR587
Johan
puddledumpling
Uli
bumb.l.foot
Monique
Gott
DanyYo
Soulmonster
DruDiet
seely
36 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

The 'Introduce Yourself' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The 'Introduce Yourself' Thread

Post by denitza Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:19 am

AllRoses wrote:Hello all,
I'm AllRoses  Carefree  always liked and been a fan of G'n'R but have more recently dived deeper into the band.
I came across this forum looking for certain interviews that I just couldn't find on other places online, and this has everything I have been looking for and more! Excited to be a member, and cannot wait to find and explore more   Carefree

Wellcome @AllRoses :-)
denitza
denitza

Plectra : 4845

Back to top Go down

The 'Introduce Yourself' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The 'Introduce Yourself' Thread

Post by lilacmess Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:17 pm

Hello everyone! I'm lilacmess a Gn'R fan (amongst many other things) from Austria.
lilacmess
lilacmess

Plectra : 906

Soulmonster, Uli and Blackstar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by denitza Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:51 pm

lilacmess wrote:Hello everyone! I'm lilacmess a Gn'R fan (amongst many other things) from Austria.

Wellcome lilacmess Very Happy
denitza
denitza

Plectra : 4845

Back to top Go down

Post by schizo Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:04 pm

Hello! Big GNR fan since 1987 when I saw Jungle on MTV.

Here are the GNR shows I’ve been to:
9/10/88 Shoreline Ampitheater, Mountain View, CA
5/9/91 Warfield Theater, San Francisco, CA
7/19/91 Shoreline Ampitheater, Mountain View, CA
7/25/91 Pacific Ampitheater, Costa Mesa, CA
8/18/16 Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CA
8/19/16 Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CA
9/21/19 Hollywood Palladium, Los Angeles, CA

I used to be a big GNR collector, but over the years have pared down my collection, which is now down to a few of my more rare and/or favorite items. Anyway, cool to find this forum!
schizo
schizo

Plectra : 936

Soulmonster, Uli and ludurigan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:47 am

schizo wrote:Hello! Big GNR fan since 1987 when I saw Jungle on MTV.

Here are the GNR shows I’ve been to:
9/10/88 Shoreline Ampitheater, Mountain View, CA
5/9/91 Warfield Theater, San Francisco, CA
7/19/91 Shoreline Ampitheater, Mountain View, CA
7/25/91 Pacific Ampitheater, Costa Mesa, CA
8/18/16 Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CA
8/19/16 Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CA
9/21/19 Hollywood Palladium, Los Angeles, CA

I used to be a big GNR collector, but over the years have pared down my collection, which is now down to a few of my more rare and/or favorite items. Anyway, cool to find this forum!

I would absolutely love to hear your recollections of the 1991 Warfield show!

ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5311

Back to top Go down

Post by schizo Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:47 am

Sure, it was a killer experience. We were in high school, rabid GNR fans. My buddy just happened to hear the announcement on the radio that morning, how GNR were playing the Warfield that night, and so he and another friend cut school to drive 22 miles north to S.F. to wait in line at the box office. They were lucky enough to make the cutoff and get 4 tix (2 per person). You had to show ID at the booth that night to pick up tickets and go straight into the venue, so it was scalper proof, fans only… a clever new system at that time designed by promoter Bill Graham.

I had not even learned about the show until my friend showed up to school late that morning and told me about the show and that we were going to GNR that night. My strict dad was not impressed with it being a school night, but relented and let me go. If he had known they’d go on 3 hours late and I’d get home at 3am, I never would’ve made the show, because he was not happy the following morning LOL.

Ticket pairs were distributed randomly at the box office that night, either assigned seats in the balcony or GA on the floor. Of course we all wanted GA to get up front. 2 of my buddies got GA tix and rushed down onto the floor. Another friend and I got balcony seats. So we stood in the lobby asking people if anyone wanted to switch, and fortunately we found a couple of older guys who were happy with seats and traded. We made it down and were maybe 3 people back. Dumpster played on time and was interesting, the vocals weren’t great but they had a few interesting songs and I bought a demo tape later that year through the mail.

After Dumpster finished, we figured maybe a half hour til GNR. An hour passed. Then another hour. The natives were restless, and chanting “Bullshit!” Finally, about 3 hours later, GNR came on and we muscled our way up to the barricade. They opened with Pretty Tied Up and Axl was about 4 feet away from me in that American flag jacket. Talk about a surreal moment! We were singing along to all the new songs as well, since we had a bootleg VHS of their Rio performance 4 months earlier. At one point Slash looked at me oddly because I was singing along to stuff I shouldn’t have heard before.

I seem to recall it being Slash’s birthday or something, and someone brought him a big bottle of Jack Daniel’s which he happily chugged on stage.

During Paradise City, Duff stagedived on us and my buddy grabbed his bracelet and tore it off, his souvenir for the night. The pit was pretty raucous during the AFD classics! I recall getting a handslap from Axl as well.

The shirts that night said “Here Now, Going To Hell”. After those 3 theater gigs, it changed to “Here Today, Gone To Hell”.

The audio for the gig is circulated, but there are only a couple of very short video clips which have surfaced. The full gig must have been filmed, I’m hopeful one day it will surface, as it was a killer night I was super lucky to experience.
schizo
schizo

ludurigan and lilacmess like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:57 am

schizo wrote:Sure, it was a killer experience. We were in high school, rabid GNR fans. My buddy just happened to hear the announcement on the radio that morning, how GNR were playing the Warfield that night, and so he and another friend cut school to drive 22 miles north to S.F. to wait in line at the box office. They were lucky enough to make the cutoff and get 4 tix (2 per person). You had to show ID at the booth that night to pick up tickets and go straight into the venue, so it was scalper proof, fans only… a clever new system at that time designed by promoter Bill Graham.

I had not even learned about the show until my friend showed up to school late that morning and told me about the show and that we were going to GNR that night. My strict dad was not impressed with it being a school night, but relented and let me go. If he had known they’d go on 3 hours late and I’d get home at 3am, I never would’ve made the show, because he was not happy the following morning LOL.

Ticket pairs were distributed randomly at the box office that night, either assigned seats in the balcony or GA on the floor. Of course we all wanted GA to get up front. 2 of my buddies got GA tix and rushed down onto the floor. Another friend and I got balcony seats. So we stood in the lobby asking people if anyone wanted to switch, and fortunately we found a couple of older guys who were happy with seats and traded. We made it down and were maybe 3 people back. Dumpster played on time and was interesting, the vocals weren’t great but they had a few interesting songs and I bought a demo tape later that year through the mail.

After Dumpster finished, we figured maybe a half hour til GNR. An hour passed. Then another hour. The natives were restless, and chanting “Bullshit!” Finally, about 3 hours later, GNR came on and we muscled our way up to the barricade. They opened with Pretty Tied Up and Axl was about 4 feet away from me in that American flag jacket. Talk about a surreal moment! We were singing along to all the new songs as well, since we had a bootleg VHS of their Rio performance 4 months earlier. At one point Slash looked at me oddly because I was singing along to stuff I shouldn’t have heard before.

I seem to recall it being Slash’s birthday or something, and someone brought him a big bottle of Jack Daniel’s which he happily chugged on stage.

During Paradise City, Duff stagedived on us and my buddy grabbed his bracelet and tore it off, his souvenir for the night. The pit was pretty raucous during the AFD classics! I recall getting a handslap from Axl as well.

The shirts that night said “Here Now, Going To Hell”. After those 3 theater gigs, it changed to “Here Today, Gone To Hell”.

The audio for the gig is circulated, but there are only a couple of very short video clips which have surfaced. The full gig must have been filmed, I’m hopeful one day it will surface, as it was a killer night I was super lucky to experience.

WOW, WOW!!

Thanks so much for sharing this, what a great story, what a thrill it must have been!

Yeah, I have downloaded that audio a while ago, quality is not that great, hopefully sometime a better recordings surface!

About the video, I am sure you must have heard the story that the band likely filmed the 3 theater warm up gigs -- Mark Racco filmed them -- in stunning movie (film) quality?

There are a couple of videos with this stunning footage that you probably have seen, like this one:

Mr. Brownstone by Mark Racco

There is also a "My Michelle" video as well but I couldn't find it on YT, the onld links are not working

There is some discussion about it here = https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/214798-rare-1991-marc-racco-directed-videos/

According to what I read Mark Racco did some quick edits for these 2 Appetite songs using footage of the theater shows (apparently it is all from the Pantages gig) as a "try-out" and he was approved to direct the You Could be Mine video

YES I also hope that this surfaces or gets a proper official release by the band. Hopefully they were smart enough to record the audio as well to go with it!
ludurigan
ludurigan

lilacmess and schizo like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by schizo Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:25 am

Holy shit, that’s awesome! I’ve never even heard of this being properly filmed. I only saw short video clips on MTV. I had a thought that MTV might’ve only been allowed to shoot the first few songs, similar to how they shut the cameras off after Metallica’s 1st song at Day on the Green in 85. But MTV aired Jungle clips and that was later in the set, so I bet they shot the whole show too. Some of this footage looks to possibly be from the Warfield. In S.F., Duff had L.A.M.F. written across his chest. Maybe it’s possible though, that he didn’t shower before the Pantages gig, LOL. Let’s hire special ops to raid Mark Racco’s vault.
schizo
schizo

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:00 pm

schizo wrote:Let’s hire special ops to raid Mark Racco’s vault.

yeah!!
ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5