APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

What are you thinking?

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Go down

Re: What are you thinking?

Post by Uli on Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:11 am

Ah yeah, thank you for clearing this up. I knew about half of it, but as I said I don't read mygnr often, so I didn't know how this built up (I'd heard about yt vids being taken down though).

P.S. How about switching our jobs for a month? Wink
Uli

Plectra : 6431

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar on Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:16 am

In addition to what @Soulmonster said, it involves the black market of unreleased material and leaks (mainly from the CD era). The person who is allegedly behind recent leaks is presumed to be one of the people who go after youtubers and fans/communities that share bootlegs online. The same person also allegedly scammed a fan who paid him a lot of money to buy one of the leaks and then threatened their family.
This, if true, is the most serious aspect of this messy story that goes beyond forum war and internet trolling.
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 3691

Back to top Go down

Post by denitza on Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:39 am

Thanks to @Soulmonster and @Blackstar for the clarifications. I read the open letter, but I did not know exactly what had happened.
denitza

Plectra : 2762

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:51 am

There is so much drama in GN'R land. It tends to flare up when the fan base is bored and/or pissed. This time, at least, there seems to be some good reason for it. But the band seems to consider us nutcases that are best avoided. We aren't, of course Smile
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 53637

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli on Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:24 am

@denitza wrote:Thanks to @Soulmonster and @Blackstar for the clarifications. I read the open letter, but I did not know exactly what had happened.

Same here. Cool

@Soulmonster wrote:There is so much drama in GN'R land.

I'm kinda glad I'm here in this safe haven. Wink
There used to be some heated discussions in other GNR forums, sometimes it was fun to participate, but nowadays it's better to walk away from the drama...
Uli

Plectra : 6431

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:28 pm

First day back at work after the summer vacation. And also my youngest daughter's first day at school. Well, school doesn't start in yer a couple of weeks, but we have something called SFO in Norway which is a service where kids can be at school also outside of school hours. It makes it easier when both parents work, and is great for the kids because they can play with all their friends while we have some adults that supervise it.
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:30 pm

@Uli wrote:
I'm kinda glad I'm here in this safe haven. Wink
There used to be some heated discussions in other GNR forums, sometimes it was fun to participate, but nowadays it's better to walk away from the drama...

It's the benefits of having a very small forum. Very small, yes, but very informative and valuable.
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:04 am

Fantastic late summer for mushroom hunting here in Norway. Brought my dog to a pretty secluded forest today to see what I could find. Maybe my favorite forest near where I live. As taken out of a fantasy movie with its mixed trees, huge fallen trunks you have to crawl under or climb over or just walk around, small streams that are not in a hurry to get anywhere so they just trickle lazily along, soft bury-my-body moss everywhere - a place where you expect to see a troll come lumbering at you at any time, or to hear the faint sounds of elves singing in a meadow. Anyway, my dog was picking up the scent of something, which it usually doesn't. I just thought it was another mushroom hunter nearby but suddenly, between some trees not far away at all, I saw some tree trunks that somehow moved towards me. Long spindly tree trunks that slowly took large steps in my direction. Only when they got closer did I see they were connected to the body of the biggest moose ox I have ever seen. It was up there in the canopy. I quickly started hrmphing and uhmping to signal I was really scared and wanted it to head somewhere else, but it just stopped and started to forage as if to say that it was hungry and was wondering how I, or my dog, would taste. Or, more likely I suppose, just contemplating if I was annoying enough that it should bother toss me to another forest. The antlers were massive, really business-looking, I didn't count the antler tips because I decided I wanted to be somewhere else very quickly, but it had plenty. So I quickly decided I wanted to look for mushrooms about 1 km in the opposite direction and left the moose to its own business of just being awesome. Anyway, plenty of mushrooms this year.
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by denitza on Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:41 am

@Soulmonster wrote:

Аn interesting story. it sounds like a very wild place where you live. I would love it. In fact, I'm actually from a small mountain town in western Bulgaria ...
denitza

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:28 am

@denitza wrote:
@Soulmonster wrote:

Аn interesting story. it sounds like a very wild place where you live. I would love it. In fact, I'm actually from a small mountain town in western Bulgaria ...

You got monster moose there?
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by denitza on Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:37 am

@Soulmonster wrote:

@denitza wrote:

@Soulmonster wrote:

You got monster moose there?

No, we have wild pigs, wolves
denitza

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:32 pm

@denitza wrote:No, we have wild pigs, wolves

We could need some wolves here where I live to reduce the moose population.
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:20 am

At a birthday party with my youngest daughter, thrown by one of her classmates. My daughter just started at school and don't know any of the 20 girls that are here. We agreed that I was going to stay with her, because she is shy. So it's me and the birthday girl's parents and so many frenzied girls that if you try to count them at any time you won't get below 100. Just now two angels disguised as 6 year old girls came up to my daughter and asked if she wanted to play with them. They even knew her name! We gave each other the thumbs up as she gleefully ran with the girls to play. Life is not bad at all. 
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by denitza on Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:51 am

@Soulmonster wrote:At a birthday party with my youngest daughter, thrown by one of her classmates. My daughter just started at school and don't know any of the 20 girls that are here. We agreed that I was going to stay with her, because she is shy. So it's me and the birthday girl's parents and so many frenzied girls that if you try to count them at any time you won't get below 100. Just now two angels disguised as 6 year old girls came up to my daughter and asked if she wanted to play with them. They even knew her name! We gave each other the thumbs up as she gleefully ran with the girls to play. Life is not bad at all. 

Very sweet.
Your daughters must have grown up. Post pictures, if you don't mind.
I have only niece and nephews :-)
denitza

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar on Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:04 pm

That's so cute, @Soulmonster.
And a great way for a kid to start school and make new friends Smile
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:02 pm

On my way to my company's annual mountain hike. No Internet or phone for a couple of days. I will be back Sunday evening. Have a great weekend guys! I will make sure to take some photos Smile
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:30 pm

...so....busy....at.....work.
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:45 am

Off to LA. Will I get an interview with Axl this time?? Suspect
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:14 am

@Soulmonster wrote:Off to LA. Will I get an interview with Axl this time?? Suspect

It's worth a try. You never know with Axl Hay
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:58 pm

He is probably too busy recording the new album
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 5179

Back to top Go down