APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Forum options in mygnrforum's absence

4 posters

Go down

Forum options in mygnrforum's absence Empty Forum options in mygnrforum's absence

Post by Soulmonster Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:17 pm

Lots of downtime over at mygnrforum now. I hope it won't close - I like it there and think downzy has been doing a great job. Fans need a place to discuss and chat.

What options are there? nightrain has an awful posting system and seems to be woefully under-moderated, htgth has the advantage of actually being administered by a real insider (although he doesn't share much of value to the members) and is rumoured to be too heavily moderated (more like a propaganda platform for the band), personally I have always liked gnrevolution but I don't know what is up with that site and why it isn't taking over. What else? gunsfnroses.com seems the perfect choice for angry incels, and gnrtruth is dead as it should be and was mostly a platform for MSL to facilitate his hustling anyways,

Then there is of course discords for unstructured chatting, which is good when you just want to hang out.

And us of course, although we couldn't possibly take all the members from mygnrforum if it were to close down.

Anything else?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

Forum options in mygnrforum's absence Empty Re: Forum options in mygnrforum's absence

Post by Uli Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:55 pm

Soulmonster wrote:
Anything else?

Maybe that forum with the huge archive/database should step in?
What was the name of that one again? Very Happy
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9422

Back to top Go down

Forum options in mygnrforum's absence Empty Re: Forum options in mygnrforum's absence

Post by Soulmonster Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:20 pm

Uli wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:
Anything else?

Maybe that forum with the huge archive/database should step in?
What was the name of that one again? Very Happy

Us?? Getting lots of members?? Having to spend time interacting with people instead of nerding away on the history section?? Scary??

But seriously, we don't have the bandwidth to have thousands of members so we will happily remain a niche product in the GN'R forum market. That being said, we could handle some more members Wink
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:53 am

Well since one specific jarmo clone who is not worthy mentioning by name banned me from mygnrforum.com because I was "ruining all the threads" with my OPINION (ha!) I have tried to find another forum to hang out and thankfully I am here. Hopefully you remain a niche forum for grown ups with lots of GNR history, GNR facts, GNR quotes and all other GNR things to be freely discussed!
ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5296

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:29 pm

I like mygnrforum but I am happy I don't have to moderate it Very Happy The way it has turned out I spend more time discussing stuff there than here, but I spent much more time on this forum working "behind the scenes" on the history sections.

Anyway, you are welcome here but don't expect too much discussions taking place unless other members join in.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:39 am

mygnrforum is down after the start of the tour. I suppose they got too much traffic, but I am surprised it is still ongoing. Maybe some guys who are not friendly to the forum decided to go ahead with a DDoS attack around the first show for maximum effect?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:57 am

Soulmonster wrote:mygnrforum is down after the start of the tour. I suppose they got too much traffic, but I am surprised it is still ongoing. Maybe some guys who are not friendly to the forum decided to go ahead with a DDoS attack around the first show for maximum effect?

Downzy announced in the show thread that he was going to shut it down because he wasn't willing to pay the additional fees for bandwidth due to too much traffic, especially since the traffic would be temporary. It was supposed to be up again yesterday, but I see it's been prolonged until this afternoon (our time).

I'm afraid it's not going to be up anytime soon, as there'll still be traffic for the next show in anticipation of Hardschool.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:16 am

Blackstar wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:mygnrforum is down after the start of the tour. I suppose they got too much traffic, but I am surprised it is still ongoing. Maybe some guys who are not friendly to the forum decided to go ahead with a DDoS attack around the first show for maximum effect?

Downzy announced in the show thread that he was going to shut it down because he wasn't willing to pay the additional fees for bandwidth due to too much traffic, especially since the traffic would be temporary. It was supposed to be up again yesterday, but I see it's been prolonged until this afternoon (our time).

I'm afraid it's not going to be up anytime soon, as there'll still be traffic for the next show in anticipation of Hardschool.

That's not good for the forum. I would suppose at times like this fans flock to the site, and then seeing it is down, flock elsewhere.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:20 am

Soulmonster wrote:
Blackstar wrote:

That's not good for the forum. I would suppose at times like this fans flock to the site, and then seeing it is down, flock elsewhere.
I suppose most fans went to the War Room discord, but it's still a shit fest there. There are other, probably more decent GN'R discord servers, but I don't have access to them.

I've been at gnrevolution. It's been more lively in the last few days.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:37 am

Discord's not for me.

I have been reading a bit at HTGTH. Interesting to see how negative people over there have become and how much criticism Axl got for the performance at Hershey. The whole argument that one is not allowed to be critical at HTGTH is wrong.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:58 am

Good to join this discussion

I am so out of the Axl-Slash-Duff fake GNR that I didn't even know they did a show today.

So no Izzy, right?

I always hope that one day they will have him back

No interest for me without him, unless they do some new songs.

And by that I mean some real new songs they (Axl, Slash, Duff) wrote together.

Because I have listened to all the leaked and released Axl solo songs -- like Hardschool -- and they absolutely do not interest me.

Well maybe they would if Axl sang them like he sang Back in Black a few years ago and if Slash and Duff were able to rearrange them.

They definitely would interest me if it was GNR playing them and not Axl, Slash, Duff and 4 employees. i am sure GN'R would totally rearrange them and make them sound good. Those guys are too good together. They can make anything sound good;

I find interesting what you said about HTGTH. They have been basically irrelevant for a looong number of years (compared to how big and relevant they once were) so now they are probably accepting anything.

So, back to the show... did they play any new song?

Or is it just the same?

And are people wearing masks in the audience?

Nice talking to you guys
ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5296

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:17 am

ludurigan wrote:Good to join this discussion

I am so out of the Axl-Slash-Duff fake GNR that I didn't even know they did a show today.

So no Izzy, right?

I always hope that one day they will have him back

No interest for me without him, unless they do some new songs.

And by that I mean some real new songs they (Axl, Slash, Duff) wrote together.

Because I have listened to all the leaked and released Axl solo songs -- like Hardschool -- and they absolutely do not interest me.

Well maybe they would if Axl sang them like he sang Back in Black a few years ago and if Slash and Duff were able to rearrange them.

They definitely would interest me if it was GNR playing them and not Axl, Slash, Duff and 4 employees. i am sure GN'R would totally rearrange them and make them sound good. Those guys are too good together. They can make anything sound good;

I find interesting what you said about HTGTH. They have been basically irrelevant for a looong number of years (compared to how big and relevant they once were) so now they are probably accepting anything.

So, back to the show... did they play any new song?

Or is it just the same?

And are people wearing masks in the audience?

Nice talking to you guys

Hi man!

No, Izzy, I'm afraid. I haven't heard any credible rumours that he was considered to join this tour, either, or might pop up at some point.

If Hardschool dates back to the mid-90s it is possible Duff was involved in its writing. And based on the leaked rehearsal from a few days ago, Slash had added his own lead guitar to it, so it is different from the version from 2001 you have heard. More GN'R sounding, I suppose. You might like it now. Hope we get to hear it soon.

It could very well be that Jarmo allows more dissenting voices now. His problem, as far as I am concerned, is that his close connection with the band and the fact that the band made him censor stuff before, makes the forum tainted in a sense. You don't want to get your news from a platform that you don't trust fully. What is odd, and perhaps a bid sad for jarmo, is that he seems to have fallen between two chairs: on one side he had the opportunity to make HTGTH the definitive GN'R site if he could have gotten the band to contribute a bit and not have them censor stuff, but that didn't happen and not people don't like the place because it has got this reputation of being one-sided and censored; and on the other side he sacrificed this to some extent by becoming friendly with the band but it seems like he was just a normal part of the crew and never really got to become a proper insider.

They did play a new Stooges cover, I Wanna Be Your Dog.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:20 am

Mygnrforum is down again.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:23 am

I see it's up, but for club members only. It's been like that since the show started.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:27 am

Blackstar wrote:I see it's up, but for club members only. It's been like that since the show started.

I am not able to log in, it says I am banned.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:29 pm

Soulmonster wrote:
Blackstar wrote:I see it's up, but for club members only. It's been like that since the show started.
I am not able to log in, it says I am banned.
That's strange... A technical issue, I suppose. I don't see any of the mygnr staff logged in now.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:49 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down