APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1995.07.DD - Argentinian TV - Interview with Slash

Go down

1995.07.DD - Argentinian TV - Interview with Slash Empty 1995.07.DD - Argentinian TV - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:00 pm

Transcript:
--------------

Interviewer: A lot of people see you as the last guitar hero.

Slash: I would like to – I don’t how to explain it. I mean, I’d like to be a good guitar player.

Interviewer: So you have your heroes.

Slash: Oh yeah! Pete Townsend, Keith Richards...

Interviewer: Tell me the story of your rings and bracelets. How can you play guitar with all these rings to your fingers?

Slash: I don’t know, I never take them off (?). I’ve always had, like, stuff. You know, fans give me stuff and I can’t take it out, cuz they give it to me. So they’re nice enough to give it to me, so I keep it, and next thing my arms weigh 10-15 pounds apiece (laughs).

Interviewer: Is there any future for Guns N’ Roses?

Slash: I would hope so. I mean, I have every desire to go back in August and sort of reestablish my relationship with Axl, and try and just get some sort of like clear-headed point of view as to what we’re gonna do.

Interviewer: So you don’t have a date for a new recording?

Slash: With Guns N’ Roses, it’s done when it’s done, you know? (laughs)

Interviewer: That’s fine.

[Clip from Live and Let Die video]

Interviewer: Slash, tell me about your impression of the Argentine audience.

Slash: Argentine audience... I know it sounds gratuitous, but it’s the best audience on the planet. South America in general – Brazil is good, too. But for some reason, Argentina is very overly passionate about music. And it’s not so much we have to go out wearing anything in particular, we don’t have to say anything in particular. As long as we’re playing well, they’re into it and becomes an one-on-one communication thing with the audience and the band; and it’s really, really important in a rock ‘n’ roll situation, because we feed off of that, they feed off of us, and it’s like you’re almost fused together. It’s cool, yeah. I’m just still blown away by the fact that people – like, the reaction that we get. You know, when we get off the plane and we go to the airport, it’s what we do every day, okay? So we get to the hotels – you know, same thing all the time. And then you go outside and you see how seriously enthusiastic your fans are. It just breaks your heart.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 86383

Back to top Go down