APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1991.10.10 - Anaheim Bulletin - Rock's Doc

Go down

1991.10.10 - Anaheim Bulletin - Rock's Doc Empty 1991.10.10 - Anaheim Bulletin - Rock's Doc

Post by Soulmonster Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:55 am

1991.10.10 - Anaheim Bulletin - Rock's Doc Anahei10
1991.10.10 - Anaheim Bulletin - Rock's Doc Anahei11

Rock 'n' rollers are as fam-ous for their entourages as they are for their music.

[Missing], roadies, hair-dressers, gurus .. they've all traveled with bands at one time or another. Read on, and see how one group has a different kind of groupie on its back.

Rock's doc

Steve Thaxton is a chiro-practor with a great interest in rock 'n' roll. These days, he has the chance to tune up members of the band Guns N' Roses.

Thaxton, 27, a former Sissonville football star and a state champion in the pole vault, was ready to settle down with his new bride in July and start a practice in Midlothian, Texas.

Then, the band came calling.

"It's not how I had planned it. It just happened," Thaxton said. He found out that one of the rock group's assistants needed a chiropractor. Borrowing an examination table, he went to the Dallas amphitheater where the group was performing and treated members of the crew.

After word spread about his work, he treated band members the next night.

He eventually began travelling on the band's plane and went with them on vacations to ski resorts.

The band has asked him to stay on the tour for the next two years. Thaxton canceled his plans to start his practice.

"Three days before, I'm a poor college student eating peanut butter and jelly, and then I'm eating caviar with Axl Rose," Thaxton said.

Thaxton so far has traveled with the band through the western United States and Europe.

"They lead a pretty hard and fast life," he said. "When they are performing, they are going all out."

Lead singer Axl Rose earlier this year leaped into the audience at a St. Louis concert in an attempt to stop a fan who was videotaping the concert.

Despite their rough-and-tumble image, Thaxton said the group is likeable.

"These guys are the nicest guys I've ever met," he said. "They are also some of the most appreciative patients I've ever had. They treat me like a million bucks."
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

1991.10.10 - Anaheim Bulletin - Rock's Doc Empty Re: 1991.10.10 - Anaheim Bulletin - Rock's Doc

Post by Soulmonster Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:47 am

Bluefield Daily Telegraph, October 10, 1991:

1991.10.10 - Anaheim Bulletin - Rock's Doc Bluefi10
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down