APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2019.04.23 - Mohr Stories - Interview with Duff

Go down

2019.04.23 - Mohr Stories - Interview with Duff  Empty 2019.04.23 - Mohr Stories - Interview with Duff

Post by Blackstar Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:34 am

My good friend Duff McKagan stopped by to promote his new album Tenderness. We caught up on life and played with some cars. Great guy, wonderful album. Go get it on May 31st. Put Your Name On It!

https://mohrstories.libsyn.com/mohr-stories-473-duff-mckagan
https://player.fm/series/mohr-stories-with-jay-mohr-63171/mohr-stories-473-duff-mckagan

Last edited by Blackstar on Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:04 am; edited 3 times in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down

2019.04.23 - Mohr Stories - Interview with Duff  Empty Re: 2019.04.23 - Mohr Stories - Interview with Duff

Post by Blackstar Sat May 04, 2019 9:46 pm

Transcribed excerpts by Blabbermouth:
----------------------------------------------

Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan was recently interviewed on "Mohr Stories", the podcast hosted by actor and comedian Jay Mohr. You can now listen to the chat below.

Speaking about the evolution of his GN'R bandmate Axl Rose as a singer, Duff said: "I had a lot of respect for us as a band as I was pre-rehearsing all this stuff [before the 'Not In This Lifetime' reunion tour]. And then when Axl came in to rehearse, and then when we played our shows… What he's done to his voice...

"The first time I saw him sing… I was this punk rock kid from Seattle, and I saw him in late '84," he continued. "And he was like [Henry] Rollins — he had the intensity of Rollins, but he could sing. He had this dual-voice thing — he'd do a low and a high thing at once. Sure, he was born with certain gifts, singing-wise, but he works his ass off. He was doing vocal lessons, he was doing vocal warm-ups, warm-downs back then. And nowadays, when we go out and play, he starts his vocal warm-ups… He does an hour and a half of pure vocal warm-ups. And then we play three, three and a half hours. But the guy has become a master."

Duff went on to say that he "has really started to appreciate" his bandmates, in particular guitarist Slash. "All he does is play guitar all day long," McKagan said. "He gets up, goes to the gym, and just starts playing guitar all the way up to the gig and then plays the guitar… He gets so lost sometimes… We have this part of the set where he does a guitar solo — it's just him on stage — and he gets lost in himself, lost in what he's doing. That's his purest form of communication. He'd sit down and talk to you and talk for a while, but he's a man of few words, and his words are all through his guitar. And there's times his guitar solo will just keep going, and I don't wanna stop him. The cue is when we come out on stage and start playing this thing, and then he'll come back. 'Come back to us, Slash.'… Sometimes [he'll play] for 20, 25 minutes. [We] just let him go. And he carries a crowd of 50,000 people all along his journey; it's not just this guitar solo."

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-duff-mckagan-says-axl-rose-has-become-a-vocal-master/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2019.04.23 - Mohr Stories - Interview with Duff  Empty Re: 2019.04.23 - Mohr Stories - Interview with Duff

Post by Blackstar Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:58 am

Ultimate Guitar reposted the Blabbermouth transcription with the headline: "Duff McKagan Praises Slash's Guitar Solos & Work Ethic: 'All He Does Is Play Guitar All Day Long'"

And Duff responded on twitter:

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down