APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2019.03.20 - Jonesy's Jukebox - Interview with Duff (and Shooter Jennings)

Go down

2019.03.20 - Jonesy's Jukebox - Interview with Duff (and Shooter Jennings) Empty 2019.03.20 - Jonesy's Jukebox - Interview with Duff (and Shooter Jennings)

Post by Blackstar Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:26 pm

Last edited by Blackstar on Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down

2019.03.20 - Jonesy's Jukebox - Interview with Duff (and Shooter Jennings) Empty Re: 2019.03.20 - Jonesy's Jukebox - Interview with Duff (and Shooter Jennings)

Post by Blackstar Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:11 am

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
--------------------------------------------------

During an appearance on the March 20 edition of Sex Pistols guitarist Steve Jones's radio show, "Jonesy's Jukebox", on the 95.5 KLOS station in Los Angeles, Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan spoke about his upcoming solo album, "Tenderness". Due on May 31, the record sees McKagan reflecting on his experiences traveling the globe over two and a half years on Guns N' Roses' "Not In This Lifetime" tour. Encountering heartbreak, anger, fear, confusion and divide on his travels during this tumultuous time in our world history, McKagan channeled a collective hurt into songs of monolithic power.

"The ideas for these songs were originally ideas for things I was gonna write for possibly a third book — observations I made while traveling," McKagan told Jones (see video below). "Not observations of Guns N' Roses, but of the actual things I was seeing. A very interesting time — inarguably — in all of our history, the two and a half years we were on tour. Without comment, really — just observing. Writing columns for Seattle Weekly for five years, I really became an observationalist more than, 'Oh, look at that.' I would stand back and look."

Duff added: "A lot of times, I didn't get the cable news you see in America. And I don't check Twitter when I'm on tour; I just post something [like], 'Soundcheck.' And, man, I've gotta tell you, life is a lot cooler that way. I'd get back to where the news station, they're just screaming and yelling, and it's like three different things, and panels on there and all of this. It makes you feel like there's a divide. And me traveling without that stuff and talking to people and going places, I really realized there's not that divide and there's kind of two different things going on, and I wrote about it. And this record, Shooter was so great at kind of getting that whole method of the record and the lyric writing. I used his band, and one of my most favorite musical experiences was recording this record with Shooter."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/duff-mckagan-says-life-is-a-lot-cooler-when-you-stay-off-social-media-and-dont-watch-news-all-the-time
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down