APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2019.01.27 - The Sunday Project (Australia) - Interview with Slash

Go down

2019.01.27 - The Sunday Project (Australia) - Interview with Slash  Empty 2019.01.27 - The Sunday Project (Australia) - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:47 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down

2019.01.27 - The Sunday Project (Australia) - Interview with Slash  Empty Re: 2019.01.27 - The Sunday Project (Australia) - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:25 pm

Excerpts from Alternative Nation:
--------------------------------------

Slash discussed initially disliking the Guns N’ Roses classic “Sweet Child O’ Mine” in a new Australian television interview. Alternative Nation transcribed his comments.

“You know what happens is you come up with something you think is cool, but how it’s going to translate to other people, you never know. I was the guy who initially was not a big fan of Sweet Child O Mine back in the day. That was more not because of the riff, it was really more about the type of song it was at the time, because we were a pretty hard driving band, and that was sort of of an uptempo ballady type of a thing. So it’s grown on me over the years, but that’s a riff that I never knew was going to take off the way it did.”

Slash also discussed touring over the years.

“I’ve been touring pretty steadily since 1987, so that’s a lot of tours.”

He said he didn’t remember the 90’s due to his drug and alcohol use, but that he’s been totally clean and sober since 2006.

“Pretty wild. The 90’s I don’t even remember, and I sort of gave it all up around 2006.”

“I’m a rock and roller through and through, but just recovering from drugs and alcohol.”

https://web.archive.org/web/20190130023758/http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-slash-reveals-disliked-sweet-child-o-mine/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down