APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2005.11.19 - Ross Halfin Website - Diary (Slash)

Go down

2005.11.19 - Ross Halfin Website - Diary (Slash) Empty 2005.11.19 - Ross Halfin Website - Diary (Slash)

Post by Blackstar Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:51 pm

November 19

Get a call from Slash who's in London with his son London... He's in town today then heading off to Cardiff tonight to rehearse for the Royal Variety Show with Ozzy - Slash on the Royal Variety Show ?

I'm going to London (shot jetstreams in the sky from Oxford Street) by coincidence to drop off some prints of Guns N' Roses at the Blink Gallery for the December Christmas show. I arrange to meet Slash there. I call Daniel-stein (gallery owner).. 'What are you doing today Dan, can you meet me in the gallery?' 'NO WAY,' says Daniel-stein. 'I'm far to busy and I'm meeting my mum, she's taking me shopping.' 'Are you sure you can't meet me,' I enquire. 'Absolutely! I can't let my mother down.'

I tell him I'm meeting Slash. 'WHAT TIME?' he asks, 'Guns are my favourite band.' 'But Dan, what about Mummy?' Don't worry I'll get her a bagel - do you think it'll be ok to wear my GNR t-shirt?' I hear Dan's girlfriend in the background 'YOU ARE REALLY SAD...'

Slash is on time - he knows Soho well. I get him to sign my prints. Some he draws on, others he signs. He didn't realise or remember I took the photo of him getting the tattoo. 'Hey, they were the bad old days,' he says. If anyone is interested contact the Blink Gallery at info@blinkgalley.com or call them at 020 7439 8585. I take some photos of Slash signing the prints and a picture of Dan and Slash - with Dan ogling his hero.

I go off for a drink with Slash and the very lovely Anja Sorensen (who looks a lot better than Dan) at Slash's hotel, The Landmark, next to Marylebone station. 'Whats this show I'm on?' Slash has no idea. Well, lets face it, it's crap. I always hated having to watch it as a child with my parents. Slash consumes several large vodka and cranberrys and still looks remarkably sober. We discuss the two versions of Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits Vol II. One is done by Axel's management. Slash says the track listing is good but the politics from Axel's management leave a lot to be desired. The other is done by Universal. Slash tells me he hasn't approved either, so who knows what'll come out. 'I haven't seen Axel since 1996!' I remember this because Slash was staying at the Sunset Marquis and hanging out at the pool during the day with my son Oliver. That was when he left Guns N' Roses, saying 'Why ...why ...why...?'

We stay in the bar until 7pm. Slash gets the train to Cardiff - I head off to Sainsburys. On the way I try shooting the Albert Bridge from my car - one hand on the the steering wheel, the other on the DX2...
https://web.archive.org/web/20051125131856/http://www.rosshalfin.co.uk/diary/november-2005/diary-november-2005.html
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87712

Back to top Go down