APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2006.03.13 - Ultimate Guitar - Scott Weiland Vs. Axl Rose

2 posters

Go down

2006.03.13 - Ultimate Guitar - Scott Weiland Vs. Axl Rose Empty 2006.03.13 - Ultimate Guitar - Scott Weiland Vs. Axl Rose

Post by Blackstar Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:00 pm

Scott Weiland Vs. Axl Rose

The Velvet Revolver frontman has apparently decided to get into the public brawl where Axl and Slash are fighting over the Guns N' Roses legacy.

Responding to a press release recently issued by Axl Rose's attorney in which Axl made several accusations and characterizations of ex-Guns N' Roses members, Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland has apparently decided to get into the public brawl that extends from the court where Axl and Slash are fighting over the Guns N' Roses legacy, and it seems, has issued this open letter at velvet-revolver.com, according to KNAC.com:

"Get in the ring or to the gym motherf--ker, or if you prefer, get a new wig motherf--ker. I think I'll resist the urge to stoop to your level.

Oh shit, here it comes, you fat, botox faced, wig wearin' f--k! O.K. I feel better now. Don't think for a second we don't know where those words came from. Your unoriginal, uncreative little mind, the same mind that had to rely on its bandmates to write melodies and lyrics. Who's the fraud now bitch?

Damn, I couldn't imagine people writing for me. How many albums have you put out man and how long did it take the current configuration of this so-called band to make this album? How long? And without the only guys that validated the name. How dare you! Shame on you! How dare you call our bass player spineless.

We toured our album over a year and a half. How many shows have you played over the last ten years? Oh, that's right - you bailed out on your long awaited comeback tour, leaving your remaining fans feeling shall we say a trifle miffed?! I won't even list what I've accomplished because I don't need to.

What we're talking about here is a frightened little man who once thought he was king, but unfortunately this king without his court is nothing but a memory of the asshole he once was.

Yours truly,

Scott Weiland"

https://tinyurl.com/y8tfarcm

Last edited by Blackstar on Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Back to top Go down

2006.03.13 - Ultimate Guitar - Scott Weiland Vs. Axl Rose Empty Re: 2006.03.13 - Ultimate Guitar - Scott Weiland Vs. Axl Rose

Post by Soulmonster Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:56 pm

Trying to figure out what Weiland is saying here... it seems to me he is saying Axl 's words (assumingly that Slash had referred to Weiland as a fraud and Duff as spineless) weren't his words (because Axl is "unoriginal" and "uncreative") but that someone else wrote them for Axl ("I couldn't imagine people writing for me").
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

2006.03.13 - Ultimate Guitar - Scott Weiland Vs. Axl Rose Empty Re: 2006.03.13 - Ultimate Guitar - Scott Weiland Vs. Axl Rose

Post by Blackstar Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:08 pm

Don't think for a second we don't know where those words came from. Your unoriginal, uncreative little mind, the same mind that had to rely on its bandmates to write melodies and lyrics. Who's the fraud now bitch?
My interpretation is that Weiland just says that he's "confident" that Slash's alleged disparaging comments about his bandmates were not his, but they were fabricated by Axl.

Then he's referring to lyrics writing, trying to belittle Axl as a songwriter. I assume it came from shit talking he had heard from his bandmates - maybe mostly Duff, who had said even in public that Axl hadn't written any of the music and not all lyrics were his.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down