APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2018.11.11 - Phillippine Arena, Bulacan, Phillippines

2 posters

Go down

2018.11.11 - Phillippine Arena, Bulacan, Phillippines Empty 2018.11.11 - Phillippine Arena, Bulacan, Phillippines

Post by Soulmonster Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:27 pm

2018.11.11 - Phillippine Arena, Bulacan, Phillippines Index12

November 11, 2018
Phillippine Arena, Bulacan, Phillippines
Setlist:
01. It's So Easy
02. Mr. Brownstone
03. Chinese Democracy
04. Welcome to the Jungle
05. Double Talkin' Jive
06. Better
07. Estranged
08. Live and Let Die
09. Slither
10. Rocket Queen
11. You Could Be Mine
12. Attitude
13. This I Love
14. Civil War
15. Coma
Band introductions.
Slash guitar solo segueing into Theme from Godfather
16. Sweet Child O' Mine
17. Wichita Lineman
Jam - Wish You Were Here
18. November Rain (with Layla intro)
19. Black Hole Sun
20. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
21. Nightrain
ENCORE
22. Patience
23. Don't Cry
24. The Seeker
25. Paradise City

Date:
November 11, 2018.

Venue:
Phillippine Arena.

Line-up:
Axl Rose: Vocals and piano
Slash: Lead and rhythm guitar, and backing vocals
Richard Fortus: Rhythm and lead guitar, and backing vocals
Duff Mckagan: Bass and backing vocals
Dizzy Reed: Piano and backing vocals
Frank Ferrer: Drums
Melissa Reese: Keyboard and backing vocals

Poster:
(Artist: A.J. Fichera)

Last edited by Soulmonster on Wed May 01, 2019 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

2018.11.11 - Phillippine Arena, Bulacan, Phillippines Empty Re: 2018.11.11 - Phillippine Arena, Bulacan, Phillippines

Post by Soulmonster Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:54 pm

Review in Inquirer Net:

Allan Policarpio wrote:Guns N’ Roses PH concert—a showcase of musical virtuosity, agility, endurance

Not in this lifetime,” the rock icon Axl Rose told a gaggle of paparazzi hounding and asking him one night in April 2012 about the prospect of sharing the stage once more with his former Guns N’ Roses bandmates.
Little did he know then—or did he?—that that dismissive response would end up being the title of the reunion concert tour fans all over the world had been yearning for.

All they needed was just a little patience.
In 2016, lead vocalist Axl, and the two other founding members, guitarist Slash (Saul Hudson) and bassist Duff McKagan, played together for the first time in more than two decades, setting aside their knotty, acrimonious past.

Completing the lineup were keyboardists Dizzy Reed and Melissa Reese, drummer Frank Ferrer and rhythm guitarist Richard Fortus.
By the time the tour made its stop here in the country—at the cavernous Philippine Arena earlier this month—the three musicians seemed to have already established a rapport strong enough to serve a focused and frenetic three-hour set.
Sporting his signature red bandana, leather jacket and flannel shirt wrapped around the waist of his distressed jeans, Axl showed the Filipino audience that, at 56, he was still an unrelenting showman, attacking each of the night’s 28 songs with nary a dip in intensity and ferocity. In “Live and Let Die,” he ran around, sweating bullets, then hoisted the microphone stand over his head while Slash did some serious shredding at the back.

The repertoire, which featured songs from the band’s expansive discography, was a balanced assortment of head-banging metal numbers, sweeping and anthemic, power ballads, and bluesy midtempo tunes: “It’s So Easy,” “Patience,” “This I Love,” “Welcome to the Jungle,” “Nightrain,” “Paradise City,” “Rocket Queen,” “Estranged,” “Coma” and “November Rain,” which had Axl playing the piano and the crowd waving their lighted phones.
The band also covered fan favorites like Soundgarden’s “Black Hole Sun,” Glen Campbell’s “Wichita Lineman” and Bob Dylan’s “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door”—perhaps the night’s most interactive moment, with Axl and the fans taking turns singing their hearts out in the chorus. And before briefly taking over the singing duties for The Misfits’ “Attitude,” Duff—much to everyone’s amusement—quipped: “Manila, t*ngina!”

Axl’s voice was in a decent shape throughout, dispensing his piercing shrieks, albeit in a more strategic manner. When he wasn’t going all-out at the top of his throat, he used his craggy middle register to conserve his voice.
It was midway in the concert—mounted by MMI Live—that things started to heat up. In a showcase of musical virtuosity, agility and endurance, Slash launched into a drawn-out and sultry solo that started out rather leisurely, before racing into a showy stretch peppered with bursts of weeping riffs.

With his fingers snaking up and down his guitar’s throat, Slash segued into a haunting take on “The Godfather” theme “Speak Softly Love,” which ultimately morphed into that unmistakable guitar intro of “Sweet Child o’ Mine.”
And, as if on autopilot, those who were still in their seats jumped up and, from then on, never let up.
Source: https://entertainment.inquirer.net/305336/guns-n-roses-ph-concert-a-showcase-of-musical-virtuosity-agility-endurance
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

2018.11.11 - Phillippine Arena, Bulacan, Phillippines Empty Re: 2018.11.11 - Phillippine Arena, Bulacan, Phillippines

Post by Blackstar Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:40 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:44 pm

Another pre-show post from Melissa's Instagram:
#yo #manila !!! It’s #GO #TIME !!! (#longpost)

Pictured here - me and my power #breakfast 🤪🤪🤪 So excited to play for you guys tonight!!! Being proud to be part #filipina myself, coming here - seeing and experiencing the beauty, happiness and generosity of this country and culture has been deeply moving and given me so much insight as to why my #mama (who was born here) is *such* a #sunshine and has the biggest heart of anyone I know. So glad dad decided to be stationed here at #clarkairforcebase instead of staying in #Texas when he was drafted in the #Vietnamwar and married you I love youI love youI love you. It was the best decision he ever made!!! #realtalk. And to my #cousins -@atticusking @angiemeadking @miks696 @jptv88 and extended fam @kimberlyepilking @sarasoliven Precious Medina Make Up @joeymeadking and of course most of allllll my #ate / #manang @stizzr have been the *absolute* best - I can’t thank you guys enuf for spending all ur weekend with ur lil blue haired cousin/sister, and making sure I learn abt the beauty of our culture. I love u guys to the moon and back❤I love youI love you 😩😩😩 Last but NOT LEAST alllllll my love and gratitude to my #band / #gnr fam (#ax #duff #slash #frankie #dizz #R4) SO IMPORTANTLY @kidang711 @deljamesgang @itsluissoto #CWeed!!!!! Everyone!!!! (My gurlzzz @Kat benzova_rockphoto @nicosuave @dani_triebner) And a very special mention to @betalebeis and @flebeis #pants who opted to take our tour here - u have changed my life, and I will be giving u especially big hugs today I love youI love youI love you photo: @hubitall Wink

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:48 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:49 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:51 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:53 pm

Melissa on Instagram:
#thankyou again, so so much #manila. I went to bed last night with the fullest #heart #I love you I’ve had in as long as I can remember. The #beautiful #people, culture, and warmth I felt from strangers and family alike - (just spending time, *and* playing in front of you) was something I’ve never experienced first hand before. I am so proud to know that this is part of my #heritage, and that I learned so much about this part of myself and my family in such a short amount of time. Your love and support was overwhelming and meant the world to me. Maraming salamat for the privilege. Love, Melissa. .

#gnr #gunsnroses #tour #tourlife #happiness #instagood #pinoypride #philippines #biracialgirl #hapagirls #love #roots #show #showday #gratitude #humbled #iloveyou #family #teamcousins #latergram

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down