APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Having Marc Canter answer questions

Go down

Having Marc Canter answer questions

Post by Soulmonster on Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:40 am

I talked to Marc. He seems up for answering some questions about the history of the band. I'm going to ask him when my other sources disagree, or to shed light on thins that I feel are a bit unclear, just to get his input. If you guys have any suggestions for questions, please let me know.
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 54254

Back to top Go down

Re: Having Marc Canter answer questions

Post by Blackstar on Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:11 am

Wow, this is great! Cool
I'll have to think about possible questions for Marc Smile
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 4074

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar on Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:27 am

Let's see...

1. Do we know what happened at the club Lingerie show on July 24, 1986 and the band almost broke up (with Axl quitting/being fired?)? Does Marc remember anything about this?

2. The other time Axl was fired (Phoenix February 1988): Does Marc know why Axl didn't want to do the show?

An incident of Axl quitting the band is mentioned in Mick Wall's 1991 book:

With Appetite For Destruction now beginning to accelerate up the U.S. album charts - it was then top twenty and rising rapidly - almost all the dates of the forthcoming tour had already sold out by the time the band hit the road in March. Back out on tour, controversy continued to trail after them like a dog on the scent of a familiar old bone: Axl was arrested trying to smuggle a Sten-gun across the Canadian border; Slash and Duff were arrested for more brawling in a bar in Seattle. And then the ultimate: a fortnight before the end of the tour, Axl walked out of the band after a violent bust-up in his hotel room one night.
It was the first time anything like that had happened - though it would not be the last - and at first the other band members were stricken. However, as we now know, Axl was back in the band after he spoke to Slash on the phone three days later. [...] Both Axl and the band were mostly embarrassed by the whole thing and refused to say any more about it in public. In private, heads would be shaken resignedly and the by now well-known expression, "Well, you know Axl..." would be used to sum up their feelings.
They continued with the tour which ran through the end of April, after which the band had originally planned to get back onto the U.S. arena circuit with the special guest spot on the latest David Lee Roth tour.

Wall's timeline is wrong (as the shows in Canada and Seattle were later, in June) and it's possible that the Axl incident was the same as the Phoenix incident. Does Marc know anything about that alleged "violent bust-up" in Axl's hotel room?

3. Does Marc remember the circumstances under which Axl had fallen into a coma? Axl had mentioned two separate incidents that happened in 1987, one when he had made a suicide attempt with pills two weeks before Todd Crew's death and another after an encounter with the L.A. police before the band went to England in June. Tom Zutaut, however, seems to remember them as the same incident:

Zutaut: One of the few times he did imbibe any drugs was after he and Erin [Everly, girlfriend and later wife] had a fight. He popped a bunch of pills. So she was concerned that he was suicidal and may have popped enough pills to kill himself. When the sheriffs got there they tried to get him to go to the hospital, and he refused and got belligerent. He laid out three or four sheriffs, so they called for reinforcements. He had superhuman strength because of the uppers he was on. They ended up with about twenty LA County Sheriffs with taser guns. They tasered him, like, ten or twelve times before they could subdue him. But they got him to the hospital and they pumped his stomach – basically, saved his life.

https://www.loudersound.com/features/fistfights-meltdowns-gnr-lies-12-months-that-nearly-killed-guns-n-roses

4. What is Marc's recollection on what happened in the summer of 1989, in Chicago and afterwards?

5. Was there ever talk of West Arkeen joining the band? A member of West's band, The Outpatience, said recently that West had asked to join the band but he was told that he didn't fit with the image because he was short and fat.

6. Does Marc know what were the specific issues with the press people named in Get In The Ring? Especially what was the issue with Mick Wall in that interview he did with Axl in 1990?
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 4074

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum