APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2018.10.15 - Appetite for Distortion - Interview with Teddy Andreadis & Roberta Freeman [AUDIO]

Go down

2018.10.15 - Appetite for Distortion - Interview with Teddy Andreadis & Roberta Freeman [AUDIO]

Post by Blackstar on Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:29 pm

Appetite for Distortion wrote:
Teddy 'Zig Zag' Andreadis and Roberta Freeman once toured the world together as part of Guns N' Roses. Now they reunite on Ep. 87 to share the good, the bad, and the unknown of the Use Your Illusion tour.
What were their favorite moments? True story behind Axl's lateness? What's it like to survive a riot? How do they rank their version of GNR? Both are very honest and open. Today, Teddy continues his successful band "The Boxmasters" with actor Billy Bob Thornton, while Roberta just did vocals for the brand new Weezer song "Can't Knock the Hustle."

Transcribed excerpts via Alternative Nation:

Guns N’ Roses Use Your Illusion era touring members Roberta Freeman and Teddy “Zig Zag” Andreadis were recently interviewed on the Appetite for Distortion podcast. One of the topics covered was the infamous Guns N’ Roses/Metallica 1992 Montreal riot.

Teddy – “I’ll never forget we were down in the dressing rooms, I was sitting there with Slash…you can hear them going crazy…

Roberta – “I was so scared…Teddy, you don’t remember what happened…the girls, the horn section…we got left behind. The limos got you (Teddy), and Slash, and Axl, and Duff, and Matt out. And Dizzy out. And the girls were left behind and we had to wait it out.

Teddy – “I didn’t know that.”

Roberta – “It just sounded like they were going to beat the doors down and get backstage and kill us…it really felt like Armageddon.”

They both went on to detail that Axl and the band themselves had no idea they were left behind.

When asked how they feel their version of GNR compares to others…

Teddy – “I think Roberta will tell you that we thought that our incarnation of the Guns band was the best. We had the singers, we had the horns and everything was done live…I thought we had the best band. There’s all these different incarnations of the Guns N’ Roses now, and you know it’s fine, but ours was something special.”
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 4074

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum