APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Brooklyn. And other States.

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by FromHell on Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:54 pm

@Uli wrote:
@FromHell wrote:
Me either.  I'm American, so I speak and write American.


Alright, thanks, there is the problem.

I've always loved how (some) Americans think they're the "salt of the earth".  Razz


@FromHell wrote:I direct my writing at three specific set of eyes, so I am well aware that not all understand my posts.  


Alright, thanks again. I doubt they will see these posts (this forum isn't super-busy), but who knows...

Baiting my rod. It'd be more couth to engage in the posted, irrefutable content than to antagonize without cause. You don't know me from a can of paint. Is this what passes for european discourse and intellect about an American band?

On a positive note, have faith. Word is escaping. Or so rumor has it. And more about how your entire daily existence is dependent upon American innovation as time permits.
FromHell
FromHell
 
 

Posts : 91
Plectra : 845
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-08

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Copyrights and bootlegging: a censoring accelerant

Post by FromHell on Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:05 pm

Dousing ForumLand with a match between my teeth, one wonders who owns these words.

I do. For seventy years. With a caveat, here and there.

Copyright law protects the expression of ideas. Including this present expression. I need not do a thing to preserve my right to the words in this post.

Have I granted any licenses or sublicenses to the proprietor of this site to exploit my copyrighted content, including royalty-free exploitations? I do, after all, see advertisements here. If I were granting any licenses, said licenses would be contained in the “terms of service” when I registered as an user. “Would” becomes “is” when registering for YT, FB and the remaining American haymakers accessed worldwide.

One may rest easy knowing that copyright law is navigable for the unindoctrinated, but barely. The preceding is but a reach-around, so to speak. Consider it a basic bitch—it gets the job done for immediate purposes. Basic has its risks, much like jack-rabbiting across burning embers. Ask Robert Kraft. Jupiter is in Florida, after all.

Last I saw QOTSA, I went “Live” on FB. Who owns that badass stream? QOTSA? FB? Me? You guessed it--I am the copyright holder.

But what about a south of America random who digitally splices Slash, DMoney, and The World’s Most Medicated Pianist performing thirty year-old songs on which but three-fifths of the copyright-holders performed, and the digital splices originated from cell phones of multiple sources recording said performance?

It is his, and his alone, expression of an idea. If he were an American, that is. Which he isn’t. He is, moreover, publishing said splicing on an American platform with explicit TOS.

Did said south of American (or similar persons with YT channels) bootleg said recording of live, digitally-spliced performances of the three Remaining Original Gn’R Partners (more later in another thread) performing thirty year-old music of which there are only three of five copyright holders? You tell me. Bootlegging is the unauthorized recording of live performances and/or the subsequent transmission and distribution of such recordings whether or not done for monetary gain. Did said south of American—while agreeing to the TOS on YT—violate the bootlegging codified in Title 17 of the United States Code as he digitally spliced content from the copyright holders (those recording) in attendance? If not, did he, accordingly, violate Title 18 of the United States Code if he neither recorded said musical performance or distributed it for monetary benefit?

Enough to make a lay person’s head hurt. Am I right or am I right?

Recording a live performance without authorization does n-o-t invoke copyright law. Publishing a live performance literally live on Periscope, or later on YT, does n-o-t invoke copyright law. It m-a-y invoke the bootlegging statutes.

Oddly enough, another south of American—a presumptive anchor baby of an illegal—bootlegged recordings of live musical performances of the Remaining Original Gn’R Partners on FB Live. This bully, live-in and hanger-on that’d make Elvis’ posse blush, transmitted multiple performances on FB Live during NITL. As scant few are aware, and yet more will be so in due time (such to follow in a dedicated thread), said personal assistant to The World’s Most Silenced Singer “manages” said singer and said singer only. This live-in does not manage Slash or Duff, who are both managed by separate, distinct and professional entities. Said bully likewise did not manage the NITL tour—that honor goes to Ms. Angie Warner (more to follow in a dedicated thread) and her management of said tour was commemorated with an award. Did this dwarfish anchor baby transmitting multiple live performances on FB have authorization from ALL Remaining Original Gn’R Partners and indeed LiveNation to record and distribute said performances on FB? Sending a DMCA to FB would resolve the matter.

The Reader’s Digest version? Statutory bootlegging just ain’t enforced in America because there ain’t no damages in it. With rare exception, that is. Any remedially-educated American is fully aware that YT is free marketing for any and all products, employs watermarks, provides analytics for viewership stats of copyrighted and statutorily bootlegged content, and encourages monetization of copyrighted and bootlegged content by running ads against said content. It’s fuck all different than sending a single to FM radio three decades ago for rotation. In fact, far more effective.

The UMG reboot of Geffen has zero financial incentive to wipe YT channels of live performances. The distinct and separate management of Remaining Original Gn’R Partners Slash and DMoney have zero financial incentive to wipe adversely advertised bootlegged channels of live Gn’R performances—it is pure bank on top of the gate and merch on location. The botoxed, high-as-a-kite singer who crawled back to Slash in late ’15 to make Brink’s truckloads of green by unleashing the Remaining Original Gn’R Partner back catalogue for ticketing, synch and merch is a notorious, well-documented control freak—both in biz and with women (back in the day when they’d have him)—and who surrounds himself with bullies, both American-bred and illegal aliens with anchor babies—including his south of American, all-in-the family bookkeeper.

Piano man has got to feed the monkey. Handing out the equivalent of legal IOUs to some keyboardist (whatever that is) from his solo band playing backyard bbq’s had to be settled out-of-court (among other formerly irreconcilable debt). And his hangers-on need to post how self-important and well-fed that they are on IG while pretending to “manage” NITL when they had zero to do with it. Slash, DMoney, LN and its pick of Ms. Warner, with not an inconsiderable hand from LN’s insurers, runs the show.

There is a distinct , selective pattern of YT channel-wiping. I’ve weaponized you, dear reader and badass Gn’R fan. The pattern of selective wiping is right before your eyes. There are ZERO copyright claims invoked in the wiping. Do NOT be misled by alleged “threats” propagated by Aw, Shucks, I’m Just a canadian John Boy a.k.a. “I’ma gone git ta the bottom of dis right here” and echoed by well-fed, vape huffing (whatever that is) Rufus Truth Censoring Bro. Michigan is but a stone’s throw from censoring canada. These are the same payrollees who BANNED Mr. Urchin (although it is made to appear otherwise) after Mr. Urchin posted the following when the AFD boxset was set to be released (in response to canadian John Boy’s post about the singer’s “management”): ‘why relegate yourself to the singer’s live-ins when you can contact either Slash or Duff’s managers? You could then raffle off the boxset to one or more forum members as it’d be free marketing for the product.’ Snipping tool docs of this censored post and protracted “private” messaging forwarded to me available for embedding here if and when it becomes supported on this site.

YT channel wiping is but a ruse for power and control censorship of one party, and one party alone. The canadian John Boy and Ralph Thrice Cucked Bro indulge in the identical propaganda about which they accuse other “insiders”—a “take me at my word but I’ll never provide you evidence” Marshal Applewhite scheme.

The best books, after all, tell you what you already know.
FromHell
FromHell
 
 

Posts : 91
Plectra : 845
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-08

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by Soulmonster on Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:41 pm

I moved the new thread into this one. Please keep your posts in this thread, unless you respond to other already existing threads started by others. This is not an active forum and I don't want your sort-of rambling and conspiratorial threads to take up a lot of space. Thanks.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Posts : 10048
Plectra : 58836
Reputation : 809
Join date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by Soulmonster on Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:59 pm

@FromHell wrote:Snipping tool docs of this censored post and protracted “private” messaging forwarded to me available for embedding here if and when it becomes supported on this site.

I don't get this. Anyone else have problems embedding images on here?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Posts : 10048
Plectra : 58836
Reputation : 809
Join date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by Uli on Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:22 am

@SoulMonster: I don't get any of this - can you explain to me what this is about in your own words (short version of course)?


@FromHell wrote:

@Uli wrote:
Alright, thanks, there is the problem.

I've always loved how (some) Americans think they're the "salt of the earth".  Razz


Baiting my rod.  It'd be more couth to engage in the posted, irrefutable content than to antagonize without cause.  You don't know me from a can of paint.  


That's right. I don't know you and based on the drivel here, getting to know you is a pleasure I can live without.  Wink
Btw, I want nothing to do with your rod, whatever that might imply.


@FromHell wrote:
Is this what passes for european discourse and intellect about an American band?


It was not about any band from America (or elsewhere), it was about what you posted there (how your ancestors drove the Brits out etc., but totally forgetting how they killed the natives - a genocide not worth to mention eh?)... Doh!

I LOVE the rock'n'roll (based on blues, jazz, swing, c&w, bluegrass etc.) that the Americans gave us. Cool
What I don't like is SOME of them who think that the world turns around them (because it doesn't). Devil Laugh
Uli
Uli
 
 

Posts : 899
Plectra : 7120
Reputation : 141
Join date : 2012-01-02

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by Soulmonster on Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:29 pm

@Uli wrote:@SoulMonster: I don't get any of this - can you explain to me what this is about in your own words (short version of course)?

Why are you asking me? Hay I have no idea what he is talking about. Seems like he is purposely trying to be vague, yet there are obvious digs at the current band members and so on.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Posts : 10048
Plectra : 58836
Reputation : 809
Join date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by Uli on Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:32 am

@Soulmonster wrote:
Why are you asking me?

Because I thought you'd understood and that there was a good reason why you didn't move this to the "whatever bla bla" part of the forum. Mini shock
Obviously that isn't the case. Wink

@Soulmonster wrote:Seems like he is purposely trying to be vague, yet there are obvious digs at the current band members and so on.

Alright, thanks, I guess that is enough to know for the moment. Cool
Uli
Uli
 
 

Posts : 899
Plectra : 7120
Reputation : 141
Join date : 2012-01-02

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by Soulmonster on Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:59 am

@Uli wrote:
@Soulmonster wrote:
Why are you asking me?

Because I thought you'd understood and that there was a good reason why you didn't move this to the "whatever bla bla" part of the forum. Mini shock
Obviously that isn't the case.  Wink

@Soulmonster wrote:Seems like he is purposely trying to be vague, yet there are obvious digs at the current band members and so on.

Alright, thanks, I guess that is enough to know for the moment. Cool

Ah, well I understand enough to know it is actually about GN'R Very Happy
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Posts : 10048
Plectra : 58836
Reputation : 809
Join date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by FromHell on Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:09 am

@Soulmonster wrote:
@FromHell wrote:Snipping tool docs of this censored post and protracted “private” messaging forwarded to me available for embedding here if and when it becomes supported on this site.


I don't get this. Anyone else have problems embedding images on here?

“[…]. When something is ‘embedded’ on a Web page, the user can watch the video or listen to the song without leaving the page.” (Netlingo).

This domain fails to support embedding. For me, anyhow.
FromHell
FromHell
 
 

Posts : 91
Plectra : 845
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-08

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by FromHell on Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:18 am

Uli--Dayum. You is a dim nigga.

Your selective, evasive quotation butchers as a hatchet and creates much as the art of a child with a fat, gnawed-upon Crayon. Take your pick.

Beware of yellow snow.

I’ve delineated and differentiated—most recently, provided memory fails me not—copyrighting from bootlegging as quantifiable, legal preservation and enforcement mechanisms against festering, rank propaganda rife throughout ForumLand and its most-frequented (and censored), lucrative advertisement site. Lucrative loosely and relatively-applied.

You’ve not, and cannot, quote and reply to the substantive, legal fact of my posts. Nor can you challenge said matter. It is infallible. But it is not your inability to do so that is of interest to me.

Humor me this: take your pick of the litter of any substantive post that I’ve lit in the current thread—including that Slash is the unfettered spokesman for the three Remaining, Original Gn’R Partners as you, and scores of others so propagandized, attempt to rationalize regurgitated group think nearing a reported two-decades re “gag orders,” er, I mean, “non-disclosure agreements.” Or perhaps you’d like to strap up for the legally distinct and separate management and counsel of Slash, DMoney and the World’s Most Silenced Pianist (that is, said Pianist's live-in, all-in-the-south-of-American 'management' and bookkeeping--both of which make Elvis' posse blush?). Or, better still, perhaps you’d care to diddle explanatory notes on Angie Warner? Or even LiveNation and its insurers. You ain't gonna dog fall me 'bout Brooklyn. That fo damn sho.

Suggestibility grips and guides the uneducated and uniformed just as it does the lockstep and weak of mind.

Strap your Velcro prior, advisedly. While not flammable, it singes.
FromHell
FromHell
 
 

Posts : 91
Plectra : 845
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-08

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by FromHell on Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:29 am

@Soulmonster wrote:
@Uli wrote:

@Soulmonster wrote:
Why are you asking me?


Because I thought you'd understood and that there was a good reason why you didn't move this to the "whatever bla bla" part of the forum. Mini shock
Obviously that isn't the case.  Wink


@Soulmonster wrote:Seems like he is purposely trying to be vague, yet there are obvious digs at the current band members and so on.


Alright, thanks, I guess that is enough to know for the moment. Cool


Ah, well I understand enough to know it is actually about GN'R Very Happy

A conspiracy necessarily involves more than one and an act in furtherance. Verifiable and thoroughly documented legal fact is neither, and I am but one.

When you—as in the unnamed plural—express either a d-i-r-e-c-t intellectual curiosity or, similarly, convey a rudimentary understating of the substantive, inarguable matter of my posts, I’ll engage likewise. Mock and ridicule of supposed personality traits and motivation(s) and irrelevant dicta does not defeat legal fact that has been so posted, identified and substantively-supported throughout the present thread.

Nothing for nothing, but this and the above-replies produces longing for the days of sending Mister Sells Lies to wallow about in an open cesspool in 2016. Almost, anyhow. Horrifically obese, conniving and preying on the weak-of-mind though the reputed extortionist Care Bear was, he conveyed an appreciation of actual knowledge.
FromHell
FromHell
 
 

Posts : 91
Plectra : 845
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-08

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by FromHell on Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:28 am

Speaking of wagging the dog, rumor has it that the inimitable Mr. Niven continues to publicly (and unabashedly) mirror an unnamed poster's (infrequent) [and b-a-n-n-ed] commentary in ForumLand.  Creative (lack of) embellishment notwithstanding.

FromHell and his posts from here and beyond strike phosphorus yet again.

The most recent of said haymaker's publicly-published quotes goes something like this:  "...[a]lso, you know Duff [DMoney], love him to death, is this Duff the accountant we’re listening to, Duff the PR guy, or Duff the rock and roll bassist?"

Rumor has it that this quote was published four (4) days ago.  And, incidentally, is Germany an actual place?

The ingenious Mr. Niven didn't represent one Mr. Izzy Stradlin in the failed negotiations with the three Remaining, Original Gn'R Partners in late 2015, did he?

Dayum.


Last edited by FromHell on Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Tell me again who wanna argue for editing to intentionally insert BANNED into the above.)
FromHell
FromHell
 
 

Posts : 91
Plectra : 845
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-08

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by Soulmonster on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:37 am

@FromHell wrote:Speaking of wagging the dog, rumor has it that the inimitable Mr. Niven continues to publicly (and unabashedly) mirror an unnamed poster's (infrequent) [and b-a-n-n-ed] commentary in ForumLand.

You'd probably get more response to your posts if you were a little bit more explicit in your statements and not so vague, because I am sure the obliqueness simply means most readers just skim through it or stop reading altogether. For instance, who is this poster you are talking about and why do you not name him?

And when you say he (she?) is banned, that is not from this forum and hence pretty irrelevant to us. We don't really care about forum drama and the meta conflicts. You are free to mention other forum members within reason.

You also keep referring to "ForumLand". I assume this is a term for "all" other GN'R fan forums and not one specific fan forum that you for unknowns reasons don't mention by name, but I can't be sure. Again, if you weren't so vague ande deliberately obfuscating you would probably trigger more interest.

I really see no reason for deliberately trying to make your arguments harder to follow, unless you hope to attract readers that for some reasons are infatuated with the lure of hidden knowledge. It is easy to interpret this as just smoke and mirrors with no real substance, which would be unfortunate if you really do possess knowledge unknown to the readers here.

Just a friendly tip Smile

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Posts : 10048
Plectra : 58836
Reputation : 809
Join date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by Soulmonster on Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:05 pm

@FromHell wrote:Uli--Dayum.  You is a dim nigga.

Just noticed this. Totally unacceptable at this forum. Consider this a warning. Any more insults towards other members and you are banned.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Posts : 10048
Plectra : 58836
Reputation : 809
Join date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by Uli on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:34 am

@Soulmonster wrote:
You'd probably get more response to your posts if you were a little bit more explicit in your statements and not so vague, because I am sure the obliqueness simply means most readers just skim through it or stop reading altogether.

Very true. I don't think anyone reads this, especially not the ones it's aimed at!
Uli
Uli
 
 

Posts : 899
Plectra : 7120
Reputation : 141
Join date : 2012-01-02

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by FromHell on Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:44 am

@Uli wrote:
@Soulmonster wrote:
You'd probably get more response to your posts if you were a little bit more explicit in your statements and not so vague, because I am sure the obliqueness simply means most readers just skim through it or stop reading altogether.


Very true. I don't think anyone reads this, especially not the ones it's aimed at!

Ill-advised and presumptuous you are then.
FromHell
FromHell
 
 

Posts : 91
Plectra : 845
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-08

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by FromHell on Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:53 am

Deconstruction ain’t my thang.  An atheist dousing his pious, orange robe with kerosene for a “cause” with matchbook in hand, I’m not.

But since my trackers are all too well-aware…and enquiring minds search for relief:  I two-track each, but not necessarily every, post.  To an extent.  That’s a definite maybe, if ever there was one.

Each missive contains signposts for (stalking, on behalf of bullying) eyes that matter and a shot of w-h-i-t-e lithium for those of moderate intelligence and education to git dem marbles lubed, as does this very sentence.

The present thread in of itself confirms the prior paragraph.  And in entertaining, engaging brush-strokes.  Unlike the “Rolling Stone” hack passing as a wannabe writer—or really any other.  More on that in a moment.

By way of hand-holding, any reader of moderate intelligence has the God-given ability to correlate the unique, descriptive language within the present thread to the following, timely quote:  “…is this Duff [Money] the accountant we’re listening to, Duff the PR guy, or Duff the rock and roll bassist?”

The next, presumably logical step, for the collector of minutiae (“it puts the lotion in the basket”) in ForumLand is to track that precise ideation beyond this thread to other pages in ForumLand (exclusive of FB “fan” pages) and to verify the dates of said posting with identical, precise and unique ideation and descriptive language.  A step further, align those findings to the timing of Izzy’s Tweet recognizing “support” in one corner of ForumLand, and its predecessor, “FP Money.”

For the remedial:  all relevant matter has been two-tracked in the present thread as it has been identically elsewhere in ForumLand prior to banning.  For NO violation of ForumLand rules.  One wonders why?

Who is Ms. Angie Warner?  Who employs Ms. Warner?  And, incidentally, from what college did Ms. Warner graduate?  Some of us run in the same circles.

How does one distinguish between copyrighting and bootlegging?  How could YT channels be wiped via DCMA notices for “copyright” claims when said channels contain reworked a/v files from fans in attendance of live performances—when the reworked clips themselves are legally copyrighted by those who filmed said performances?  Who would have motivation to make such claims when compilations of said clips promote the back catalogue owned by three Original, Remaining Gn’R Partners and each view is monetized by UMG via Google/YT?  Who owns the master rights to sound recordings?  Why is it legally impossible for the World’s Most Silenced Singer to dictate the public release of scraps, if any, from his Howard Hughes days when UMG (and its legal predecessor) footed the costs of recording?  Who represented Mr. Stradlin during the failed negotiations in late 2015?  What is a gag order and how does that differentiate from a non-disclosure agreement—and why is a Remaining, Original Gn’R Partner consenting month-in and month-out to publish interviews, the content of which ranges from the ineptitude of Adler’s fourth replacement to the progress on new material by the three Remaining, Original Gn’R Partners?  And, for that matter, why do apologists for the woman-beating, lawsuit-settling, World’s Most Dangerous Pianist (#metoo) deride the seeming unending new music released by Slash and DMoney as “cock rock” when The World’s Most Medicated Singer was the most recent front man for the ultimate “cock rock” band, even as said band’s original members are literally turning over in their graves?

To say that I have ‘insider’ knowledge, if that is an actual thing, conforms to ForumLand-speak.  The wrong question, it is, to anyone not beholden to the Marshal Applewhite ForumLand syndrome.  Language does indeed corrupt thought.

One Mr. Izzy Stradlin didn’t just track an unimaginative “Rolling Stone” hack passing himself off as a writer (and hired on the basis of his anti-American, socialist, unwitting handmaiden think) and the inimitable Mr. Niven in the weeks preceding NITL.  I can tell you that much.  And maybe another thing.  Or two.

Git on the kindling, bitches.
FromHell
FromHell
 
 

Posts : 91
Plectra : 845
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-08

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by FromHell on Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:53 am



Dayum. YT embedding? Err, I mean, accessible on Chrome but not Edge.

Shit just got real.

“…[t]hen you have to follow me because I’m the guy who has the key.  At the moment…”
Marshal Applewhite.  Circa 1997.
FromHell
FromHell
 
 

Posts : 91
Plectra : 845
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-08

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by Uli on Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:03 pm

Wow, I really hate to admit it, but I understood parts of this post! Embarassed

However I don't have any answers to questions asked (on the whole, it leads to more questions instead of answers).
And it makes me wonder: why naming names (Duff, Izzy, Niven), whilst at the same time other names are being hidden behind "descriptions"... (imho describing Slash n' Axl)?

@FromHell wrote:
quote:  “…is this Duff [Money] the accountant we’re listening to, Duff the PR guy, or Duff the rock and roll bassist?”

Who would have motivation to make such claims when compilations of said clips promote the back catalogue owned by three Original, Remaining Gn’R Partners and each view is monetized by UMG via Google/YT?  Who owns the master rights to sound recordings?  Why is it legally impossible for the World’s Most Silenced Singer to dictate the public release of scraps, if any, from his Howard Hughes days when UMG (and its legal predecessor) footed the costs of recording?  Who represented Mr. Stradlin during the failed negotiations in late 2015?  What is a gag order and how does that differentiate from a non-disclosure agreement—and why is a Remaining, Original Gn’R Partner consenting month-in and month-out to publish interviews, the content of which ranges from the ineptitude of Adler’s fourth replacement to the progress on new material by the three Remaining, Original Gn’R Partners?
Uli
Uli
 
 

Posts : 899
Plectra : 7120
Reputation : 141
Join date : 2012-01-02

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by FromHell on Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:44 am

@Uli wrote:Wow, I really hate to admit it, but I understood parts of this post!  Embarassed

However I don't have any answers to questions asked (on the whole, it leads to more questions instead of answers).
And it makes me wonder: why naming names (Duff, Izzy, Niven), whilst at the same time other names are being hidden behind "descriptions"... (imho describing Slash n' Axl)?


@FromHell wrote:
quote:  “…is this Duff [Money] the accountant we’re listening to, Duff the PR guy, or Duff the rock and roll bassist?”

Who would have motivation to make such claims when compilations of said clips promote the back catalogue owned by three Original, Remaining Gn’R Partners and each view is monetized by UMG via Google/YT?  Who owns the master rights to sound recordings?  Why is it legally impossible for the World’s Most Silenced Singer to dictate the public release of scraps, if any, from his Howard Hughes days when UMG (and its legal predecessor) footed the costs of recording?  Who represented Mr. Stradlin during the failed negotiations in late 2015?  What is a gag order and how does that differentiate from a non-disclosure agreement—and why is a Remaining, Original Gn’R Partner consenting month-in and month-out to publish interviews, the content of which ranges from the ineptitude of Adler’s fourth replacement to the progress on new material by the three Remaining, Original Gn’R Partners?

The world works in funny ways, I've heard. It's a matter of protecting the proprietor of this domain from frivolous inquiry, despite the fact that public figures are referenced and described--hence, the abundance of (unnecessary) caution. Beyond that, it's foundation-building of unique markers. Bullshit proofing and identify-stealing, so to speak. Anyone plagiarizing me--of which there have been many--will be easily identified as such by even the casual reader. And...it's a matter of poetic license--if I bore myself while writing, why write at all?

Once the reader is in the groove, he or she knows all the players contained herein, as it were.
FromHell
FromHell
 
 

Posts : 91
Plectra : 845
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-08

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by FromHell on Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:02 am

Ammonium nitrate has an intended purpose, they say.  No different than a hammer.  But both can be used for other purposes by cowards and bullies, including by those whose very sustenance e-n-t-i-r-e-l-y depends upon your wallet.

Who is Mr. Jeff Varner?  What is Revelation Management Group?

Revelations, like epiphanies, are relative.  Or so it’d seem.  To the lockstep and propagandized:  it ain’t much of a Revelation that Slash has his own, p-r-o-f-e-s-s-i-o-n-a-l management, namely Mr. Varner.  Said management is separate and distinct from DMoney’s management (Brian Klein, who, incidentally, manages DMoney’s daughter).  The two entities, separate and distinct from one another, are likewise separate and distinct from the singer’s live-ins/gophers/nannies who literally have a pot to piss in because of y-o-u-r back pocket.  

While these south-of America bullies mocked, taunted and flaunted y-o-u-r money for a decade or more when no adult Americans were in the room (including at Brooklyn Bowl bowling lanes), Messrs. Klein and Varner, and Ms. Angie Warner and LN (and its insurers) muzzled (and continue to muzzle) the nanny, the nanny’s boi, Brandt Bacha (the extent of whose resume, such as it were, is “help[ing] clean surf wax off the sidewalk”) who, not incidentally is bumping Vanessa Santos, and Liz Colabraro who kept the singer’s (IOU) books all-in-the-family until 2017.  All said, enough to make Elvis’ posse blush.  One can only wonder who’s accounting for the World’s Most Silenced Singer’s equity split in the last year.

Muzzled, rumor has it, with the exception of one instance during the singer’s fill-in, work-for-hire employee status for Brian Johnson in the ultimate “cock rock” band when the semi-literate nanny attempted to bully ACDC fans via social media.  Then again, Ms. Warner wasn’t managing the most recent ACDC (or what passed as ACDC with one original member) tour.

Forgetting the continuing, legal Partnership of Slash, DMoney and the singer (and the quarter-of-a-billion of unleashing in logos, synch and the back catalogue since 2016 to sell gate and ticketing), one wonders why Mr. Opie Skjerseth (production  manager), Ms. Angie Warner (tour manager) or Messrs. Varner and Klein haven’t taken to social media to flaunt your money or pretend to manage “Guns n’ Roses?”  

“Guns n’ Roses” is one of three active trademarks registered to “Saul Hudson,” “Michael ‘Duff’ Mckagan,” and the singer.  Distinguish this from the service mark “Guns n’ Roses,” which the singer owns/stole as a result of legal maneuvering with a roadie and only after which Slash and DMoney failed to bring a colorable claim within the Cali SOL for duress (while both failing to acknowledge such in their respective biographical books).  Those two got their shit together shortly thereafter and until 2016 with the back catalogue, remaining trademarks (logos and merch) and synch.  But this is but a snapshot of entirely distinct missive.

The question then becomes, why the propagandized narrative in ForumLand about power and control, said narrative originating, financed (including by quid pro quo) and “enforced” by one Partner?  It’s a rn’r band, ffs.  Am I right, or am I right?

Light a match, it’ll leave a mark.


Last edited by FromHell on Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : A contemporary, Angie Warner is a "Ms." not a "Mr.," I believe.)
FromHell
FromHell
 
 

Posts : 91
Plectra : 845
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-08

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by FromHell on Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:41 am

Kindling lain. The matchbook in-hand, and up next: the myth of profitability of recording, Roc Nation, Vivendi, Lucian Grainge and payola, UMG and the Geffen reboot, Deutsche Bank and TenCent—and just how miniscule and powerless Gn’R’s singer is beyond what has been exposed above. It is all ROI, except when it’s not—specifically when a has-been, grandfather-aged singer sued/was sued by all of Grainge’s hand-picked men and bled them of advances for more than a decade (and seemingly everyone else who had the misfortune of encountering him, including while snapping photos at a show).

But what does this have anything to do with ‘new’ music (not prior master rights recordings, if any, owned by UMG)?

Recording occurred, just as the ingenious, well-informed Mr. Niven stated—it cannot be impugned any more than what he stated about Izzy’s rehearsal in Nashville—except there’s the paragraph just above this one. That takes precedence, bitches.
FromHell
FromHell
 
 

Posts : 91
Plectra : 845
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-08

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by FromHell on Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:54 am

Morning, Gimp.  Read the above closely.  I'm confident that you will.

"It was a bright, cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen."

And I'm a hot dog vendor.

FromHell
FromHell
 
 

Posts : 91
Plectra : 845
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-08

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by FromHell on Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:39 am

An interlude.  Something like a slow burn.

If I am to generalize, the two most frequent questions that I receive are iterations of “summarizing” or “simplifying” specific posts and those regarding my “motivation” for posting.

Said questions are directed to me typically outside of ForumLand channels despite them arising within ForumLand (but, notably, said questions conveyed by outside means cannot be monitored within ForumLand and are not stored on ForumLand domains).  And I may go for weeks, or even months, without posting.  True.

To the former question, take my substantive post from yesterday.  On its face, it is inherently simple—as I guarantee each and every substantive post is.

Mr. Varner manages Slash.

Mr. Klein manages DMoney (and his daughter).

Ms. Warner was NITL tour manager.

Mr. Skjerseth was NITL production manager.

Ms. Warner received an industry (peer) award as tour manager for NITL.

Mr. Skjerseth received an industry (peer) award as production manager for NITL.

Guns n’ Roses—”this specific mark—has been actively registered as a trademark for three purposes since 1991 (following Izzy selling his equity share) exclusively to Saul Hudson, Michael Mckagan and the singer.

The singer owns the service mark “Guns n’ Roses.”

The singer is managed by live-ins: a south-of America nanny and said nanny’s offspring.  

Each of the above nine statements is inarguable fact.  Each of the above nine inarguable facts is within the public domain and easily verified.

These incontrovertible facts beg the question:  how, and more specifically, who, is perpetuating, condoning and enforcing known rank propaganda within and upon ForumLand so that the consensus among unwitting handmaidens is indeed that the singer’s nanny, offspring and live-ins of said offspring “manage the band,” “manage NITL,” and “own/are boss of/dictate” the biz partnership of the three Remaining, Original Gn’R Partners when this is but doublethink, at best, or groupthink verging upon occultism?

Each of my substantive posts can be deconstructed, just as the nine facts forming the basis of my most recent substantive post are here.  These nine facts, without further explanation, prove that the “Guns n’ Roses manager” narrative in ForumLand is demonstrably false and incredibly absurd to even a person of the most moderate intelligence, just as the content of my preceding posts in this very thread de-myth and de-bullshit ForumLand.  That alone should suffice for my “motivation.”  While not my primary motivation, as referenced in prior posts, it is a benefit to ForumLand as a whole—that is to say, benefits those who neither propagandize nor intentionally push myth—and that speaks for itself.

The clocks are striking thirteen.
FromHell
FromHell
 
 

Posts : 91
Plectra : 845
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-08

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by Uli on Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:36 am

@FromHell wrote:What is Revelation Management Group?

Found on the net:

Partners JORDAN BERLIANT and JEFF VARNER have launched REVELATION MANAGEMENT GROUP, based in L.A., as a division of RED LIGHT MANAGEMENT. The pair were previously housed at THE COLLECTIVE.
https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/139251/red-light-adds-berliant-and-varner-s-revelation-ma

As for Jeff Varner, this might be the wrong one...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Varner
Wink
Uli
Uli
 
 

Posts : 899
Plectra : 7120
Reputation : 141
Join date : 2012-01-02

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by Uli on Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:51 am

@FromHell wrote:Each of the above nine statements is inarguable fact.  Each of the above nine inarguable facts is within the public domain and easily verified.

These nine facts, without further explanation, prove that the “Guns n’ Roses manager” narrative in ForumLand is demonstrably false and incredibly absurd to even a person of the most moderate intelligence, just as the content of my preceding posts in this very thread de-myth and de-bullshit ForumLand.  That alone should suffice for my “motivation.”  


Alrighty, so I think I understood your motivation (finally).
However: do you really think what you call "ForumLand" will ever learn? Does anyone even care?

It seems to be a misunderstanding (or "misconstruction") that the so-called "Team Brasil" are the management of the band GN'R, while they are "only" managing one member.

As far as I can tell, while there are "uninformed" persons out there (not just when it comes to GN'R), it is quite "known" that each "party" (of the three "main members" of the current "band") was represented during "negotiations" (ahead of what became the NITL tour) by their "own people" (i.e. managers, lawyers). Wasn't it?
(At the same time, rumors were to be heard that negotiations with former member Izzy failed, probably for monetary reasons. No idea who represented him. If it was Niven, I'd consider it "no surprise" that they failed, as he seems to be "not welcome" in GNR circles these days...)

Also, it is quite "normal" for a band of this size, to appoint a "tour manager". Cool

Thus, I can see you do have a point here. But, on the whole, it might not change perception of most people in "ForumLand". Frankly, many "fans" just want to hear them play and don't really care who is "the manager" or what kind of contracts each and every one of them had to sign to make this NITL tour possible at all.
Uli
Uli
 
 

Posts : 899
Plectra : 7120
Reputation : 141
Join date : 2012-01-02

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by FromHell on Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:38 am

@Uli wrote:



@FromHell wrote:Each of the above nine statements is inarguable fact.  Each of the above nine inarguable facts is within the public domain and easily verified.

These nine facts, without further explanation, prove that the “Guns n’ Roses manager” narrative in ForumLand is demonstrably false and incredibly absurd to even a person of the most moderate intelligence, just as the content of my preceding posts in this very thread de-myth and de-bullshit ForumLand.  That alone should suffice for my “motivation.”  






Alrighty, so I think I understood your motivation (finally).
However: do you really think what you call "ForumLand" will ever learn? Does anyone even care?

It seems to be a misunderstanding (or "misconstruction") that the so-called "Team Brasil" are the management of the band GN'R, while they are "only" managing one member.

As far as I can tell, while there are "uninformed" persons out there (not just when it comes to GN'R), it is quite "known" that each "party" (of the three "main members" of the current "band") was represented during "negotiations" (ahead of what became the NITL tour) by their "own people" (i.e. managers, lawyers). Wasn't it?
(At the same time, rumors were to be heard that negotiations with former member Izzy failed, probably for monetary reasons. No idea who represented him. If it was Niven, I'd consider it "no surprise" that they failed, as he seems to be "not welcome" in GNR circles these days...)

Also, it is quite "normal" for a band of this size, to appoint a "tour manager".  Cool

Thus, I can see you do have a point here. But, on the whole, it might not change perception of most people in "ForumLand". Frankly, many "fans" just want to hear them play and don't really care who is "the manager" or what kind of contracts each and every one of them had to sign to make this NITL tour possible at all.




There are one too many ifs in that post.  And you know what preceded the if, it ain't true.  If it were true, then you, and scores of others who've tallied posts numbering into the thousands in PropagandaLand, would know these names without the identifying disclosure from me and without subsequent research.  There would not be, as it were, innumerable threads continuously recycled (and condoned) on PropagandaLand's most frequented site about "Guns n' Roses manager/management," and subsequently regurgitated as "fact" in what passes for today's "media."  And, not incidentally, those who are in the know wouldn't be b-a-n-n-e-d throughout PropagandaLand for posting incontrovertible fact.

But this is just a nip.  Beyond the identification and de-bullshitting of "management," ask yourself who has shredded every keystone of the Propaganda, from gag orders, er, I mean, non-disclosure agreements to legal DOS in divorce proceedings to de-fucking copyrighting, bootlegging and DMCA, to trademarks and service marks, and I could go on and on for not-quite literally days.  Master rights to recordings owned by UMG, not the singer, if any said recordings exist?  De-mythed.  And we've got the ACDC fairy tales and partnership agreement identifying the mechanisms by which the three, Remaining, Original Gn'R Partners structure their biz org re synch, merch and ticketing.  This is but a whitewash of what @justanurchin and @FromHell have educated PropagandaLand on since 2016.  FFS, just scroll up this thread and watch as @FromHell destroys the very premise of the unmistakable, major narratives of FoumLand.

It begs the question:  why is it that @justanurchin and @FromHell are the only two in PropagandaLand who direct readers and call tits-up on the very basic, inarguable legal mechanics of what the masses cannot and do not understand nor recognize?

The remainder of your post is without reproach.  Who tf cares about "managers," be it tour, personal or production for (most) bands?  It's legit batshit crazy.  Agreed.  N-o-n-e of the bands that I follow and whose products that I purchase, engage in such deception and pettiness.  Agreed.  I could gaf who manages QOTSA or SOD.  But that is not the question here.[/b][/b]


Last edited by FromHell on Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:01 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Laziness. Or pressed for time. Take your pick. And, then, the bold is outta control. Da fuq?)
FromHell
FromHell
 
 

Posts : 91
Plectra : 845
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-08

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by FromHell on Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:57 am

There are two narratives.  The one and only, and its derivations, of which you are aware and guide your thinking as to both "possibilities" and "reality."  But there is also another narrative post-2016.  Said date is when adult, Americans entered the room.

There is a monitor (stalker, if you prefer) of @justanurchin and @FromHell.  If you're in groove with @FromHell's posts from elsewhere in PropagandaLand, then you know, at least in lay terms, the Gimp.  The Gimp, he don't say much.  But the Gimp answers to Cuffy.  Cuffy, who I'll address (publicly) as time permits--along with Vivendi and all associated matters which I've previously indicated that I'd address, is of the perception that he matters, as it were.

These are characters that are of import today.  They are not the Marshal[l] Applewhite characters of lore.

In short, this is the relation between @justanurchin and the role of the Gimp:

FromHell
FromHell
 
 

Posts : 91
Plectra : 845
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-08

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by FromHell on Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:09 am

Dayum. People have a way.

I’m getting pinged off-site, particularly about Cuffy. As such, I’ll give a quick turn-a-round. That is turn, not reach.

Speaking of which, I’ve had several “private” communications with the proprietor of this site over several months (or more). While, admittedly, I initially thought that he was yet another indoctrinated and in lockstep, he’s proved otherwise. Biased though he may be, let’s distinguish that from Corporal Upham’s cowardice at gnfnr.com, the censoring putrefaction by Rance Truth Censoring Bro at the behest of canadian John Boy, the literal stalking and (attempted) bullying by Jarmo Luukonnen (if that is an actual name) of @FromHell and @justanurchin on a now-nearly defunct site (praise to the people), and the sent-to-pasture Mister Sells Lies. One thing, though, that I will say on behalf of beho(M)ith Sells Lies, is that when I exposed his child-like fraud upon PropagandaLand, at least he exited gracefully. If tail tucked is graceful.

I can unequivocally say that the proprietor here is a decent human being, and as importantly for present purposes, not beholden to the Gimp, Cuffy or their puppeteer (what was JoePa’s last name?). He’s learning about these figures in real time, just as you.

Live dangerously. The action is at a-4.d.com. And will be for the foreseeable future. Thieving from me to repost in “your own words” to appear as an ‘expert,’ contrarian or otherwise, at a censoring site elsewhere in ForumLand (and on the pages of RS) is ignoble, at best.
FromHell
FromHell
 
 

Posts : 91
Plectra : 845
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-08

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by FromHell on Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:12 am

Ah, yes, it nearly escaped me.  Cuffy.  Think of Cuffy as a walking threat pretending to impose fear (much like regurgitating “brace for impact!, brace for impact!)—a walking, talking C&D letter, if you will.  If that phrase doesn’t ring true, here is a quote from the inimitable Donnie Baker:  “look it up!”

While I’m a touch more direct than Mr. Urchin, this is a fairly accurate representation of Mr. Urchin vs. Cuffy (red hair, YT bootlegging vs. copyrighting, and all).  Mr. Urchin 1, Cuffy 0:

FromHell
FromHell
 
 

Posts : 91
Plectra : 845
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-08

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum