APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Brooklyn. And other States.

+3
Uli
Soulmonster
FromHell
7 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 5 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by Uli Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:12 pm

Yay, I see, you're right, maybe it's time to forget about Axl's old recordings and look forward to any new stuff from the three GPs (plus new band "members").

Still, I'm interested in the UMG/Vivendi situation.

The name "Uli" is mostly an abbreviation of a longer name, for some though it is their full name (lazy parents, I guess). Very Happy
The link was what I'd found after googling "Uli" just for the fun of it. I'll find more for you later in the year.

(I love "The Big Lebowski" btw and that scene is hilarious, despite the obvious clichés about Germans.)

Btw, I guess I am one of those who click on this topic again and again after a new post - so the "numbers" are not really trustworthy (or let's say you have to deduct those numbers of users re-clicking after new response).

Ok, so now "we know" about the General Partnership of the "Original Partners". According to you, those are "goods nowhere to be found in Forumland" (be that as it may, I can't tell, as my personal view of "Forumland" is rather limited to only very few sites).
Still, I'm not sure what to make of it. Does it "help" us in any way? Ok, maybe we can make more sense of what has been said in various interviews, but ... on the whole: does it change anything for us as GNR "fans"?
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9422

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:30 am

Yes, thank you, my b-day is tomorrow, so not just arrived there yet. Very Happy

Thank you also for the explanation. IF much has changed in Forumland, I'm sure it was worth the effort.
For myself: I certainly learned a lot about GP and what effect this does have on GNR (and had in the past).

Well I certainly hope someone (anyone, Canadian or not) can stop the unnecessary "taking down" of fan-made videos. Of course, any kind of threat(s) is even more unnecessary and un-wanted.

This is a long topic now and some posts are really difficult to fathom (for me at least), but I guess in the end, one can come to an understanding of it all. Thanks for all your efforts.

Let's hope one day they'll manage to bring on Adler and Izzy to the same stage (for a few songs or a whole show).

New music would be much appreciated of course. Cool
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9422

Back to top Go down

Post by ubique Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:09 pm

I landed on this forum following some new drama on another... so far I have only visited the archive section (it's an amazing resource, btw, thanks to @soulmonster and @blackstar). And what do I find? My post quoted within a thread that is really hard to follow and has, on the surface, nothing to do with what brought me here. It was a challenge to go through it all, but I've made it and I appreciate the tidbits you revealed here and there. But seriously, you sure are egocentric thinking that anything relating to the PA (or GP) must have come from your info. Copies of the PA surfaced ages ago, way before 2016 and the reunion, when A vs S feud was still hot, on MSL's forum and gnrevo - that's where I got them initially, but I can't be arsed now to go and check what parts of the discussion went on which forum. I don't remember reading a single post of yours anywhere - reading through them here makes me sure I would have recognized them, lol. I remeber @snooze72 being a knowledgable source on other forums, even back then, but you? or urchin? Not really. I'm not on the forums so much so I must have missed the time when you were active. Why would you think I copied your posts or any facts within? It really isn't rocket science to figure out, based on the wording of the PA amendment, that Axl had to quit the partnership to get the rights to the name. The current agreements have to have mended that in some way and that's the only inference I'm making, having no knowledge on what really went on and close to no knowledge of the legalities of PAs, etc. Please stop accusing others of plagiarism just because you know more than they do. You don't own the facts, and other people can reach them in their own ways.
ubique
ubique

Plectra : 3160

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:22 pm

Thanks, @ubique.
And welcome (back).
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:08 am

ubique wrote:I landed on this forum following some new drama on another... so far I have only visited the archive section (it's an amazing resource, btw, thanks to @soulmonster and @blackstar).

Thank you Smile

The history section is just about to receive a major overhaul. I have been working on it behind the scenes, so to speak. And I am sure that as soon as I start working on the 1993 history, Blackstar will add lots of new articles and interviews Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:27 am

Again:

Attacks to other forums and their admins are not encouraged here.

Respect it.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:02 am

JustanUrchin wrote:An adminstratively suspended member of the bar, a reformed used car peddler carrying the message as a lackey (what happened to the singer and AC/DC and the "contracts" for two general partners?) and a misdirecting non--though entertaining--poet walk into a bar.

I kid. Sort of.

And what do we have?  Three @FromHell groupies jockeying for position while riling a few hundred frothy-mouthed cultists.  Months late and a dollar short, and from beneath the apparent blanket of security.  Comfy it is, for now.

Read up into this thread.  

UMG owns the master rights to the singer's table scraps.

The singer and his nanny--and the nanny's kid--have now the same authority as the last two decades to "release" his solo band's table scraps:  none.

The "best" of the singer's solo band was forced into the market more than a decade ago.

I'd hate to see anyone get sent up for distributing unreleased copyright material, regardless if it is insufferable demo table scraps.

The "new" S/D/A recordings were disclosed in this very thread months ago.

Odd goings-on with one of the forums of late. Is it up?  Is it down?  One wonders the cause.  One likewise wonders if a biz with valuation at roughly $12-$15k supported by penny ad revenue can withstand even the discovery phase of a privacy filing.

For those following this thread for non-nefarious purposes, the upcoming months will find you with new tunes released by UMG on your playlist.

I even hear tell we'll have 4/5 again this fall. A different sort of 4/5.  @FromHell

Give us one good reason to believe you possess inside knowledge, otherwise we would have to ask you to stop spreading rumours.

And don't refer to Beta as a "nanny". That was a long time ago, just like I shouldn't refer to you as a "little child". Last I heard, Beta was a manager at Team Brazil. And don't mistake this as me defending her against criticism, I just don't like people putting others down because of their past jobs and would like to foster a more civil and mature environment for discussions.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:56 am

JustanUrchin wrote:Is "Team Brazil" a registered entity?  If so, in what jurisdiction?  Does it even have a registered domain?  Or perhaps even a shingle out in a physical location?

Name one degree, certificate or industry standard that this live-in or her kid has attained or met--or even attempted to attain.  Name one professional within the industry who acknowledges these two--and the live-in "accountant"--as peers, or even employed as business managers. Name one biz entity that either of these two/three formed, filed and facilitate.  Name one contract--or even one engagement--that this momma-son has negotiated or influenced.  Name one legally recognized biz that these two operate.

You don't need to have a registered business entity to work as a manager, nor does that work necessarily require degrees or certificates (there are plenty of managers who have worked their way up from humble means without any formal education). But I wasn't inviting a discussion on whether Team Brazil is qualified for the work, what I was saying is that I expect people on this forum to treat others with respect, including Beta, and it means that referring to her as a "nanny" is not okay. Okay?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next