APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2018.08.10 - Interview with Slash in the upcoming Classic Rock issue

Go down

2018.08.10 - Interview with Slash in the upcoming Classic Rock issue

Post by Blackstar on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:33 am

Will update the content and the date when the full interview comes out

------------

Slash: Everyone would like to make a new Guns N’ Roses album

Slash reports that Guns N’ Roses have plenty of ideas for a possible album and says “everybody thinks it’s a good idea, and everybody would like to do it”

Slash says that he thinks that everyone in the Guns N’ Roses camp would like to make a new studio album, but due to their touring commitments, they haven’t had the chance to sit down and plan it out yet.

The reunited lineup featuring Slash, Axl Rose and Duff McKagan have been on the road almost constantly on the Not On This Lifetime tour since getting back together in 2016, leaving fans wondering if a studio return was on the cards.

And while Slash says “there’s no shortage of ideas from everybody involved” they still have to properly plan out their future movements.

He tells the upcoming issue of Classic Rock magazine: “When Guns N’ Roses started doing its thing on the Not In This Lifetime tour, then the kind of writing I was doing was actually more tailored towards Guns, because that was the environment I was in. 

“But, then we took the break and I started thinking about doing the Conspirators record.
“When it comes down to it, a riff is a riff. It could work in either context. But with The Conspirators, anything I come up with, Myles Kennedy will come up with something – and that’s why it’s such a diverse record.  

“With Guns, you have no idea where that’s going to go either, so it’s really hard to focus on one or the other, but I feel like while I’m out with Guns I’m thinking about Guns stuff. When I’m out with Conspirators I’m thinking of Conspirators.

“I’ve been doing The Conspirators for eight years now, so there’s a certain kind of rhythm that I’ve gotten into with doing that.  

“With Guns, we’ve just started to touch the surface of what that’s going to all be, so I haven’t really fallen into that groove yet. Right now, there’s more of a question mark around that than with Conspirators.”

Asked if he’s started to write material for a new Guns N’ Roses album, Slash replies: “Well, it’s not been announced because there’s nothing official, so there’s nothing to talk about.

“I think everybody thinks it’s a good idea, and everybody would like to do it. There’s no shortage of ideas from everybody involved, but we’ve been so busy on the road there hasn’t really been time to go in and sit down and go, ‘Okay, we’re going to make a record.’”

Slash is the cover star of the upcoming issue of Classic Rock magazine, which will go on sale from August 21.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 2641

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018.08.10 - Interview with Slash in the upcoming Classic Rock issue

Post by Soulmonster on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:34 pm

I am started to get to the point where I might start feeling excited again.
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 52841

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I am started to get to the point where I might start feeling excited again.

I'm not really, because:
“Well, it’s not been announced because there’s nothing official, so there’s nothing to talk about."

Hadn't we heard the same kinda talk from Fortus & Co. for years? Suspect
Uli

Plectra : 6325

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I am started to get to the point where I might start feeling excited again.

I'm not really, because:
“Well, it’s not been announced because there’s nothing official, so there’s nothing to talk about."

Oh yes, don't me wrong. I am not excited yet. But I am starting to get to the point where I might start feeling excited again. So it is still a bit to go Very Happy
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli on Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I am not excited yet. But I am starting to get to the point where I might start feeling excited again. So it is still a bit to go Very Happy

I'm not even starting to get there (yet). Maybe if both Duff and Axl will confirm that they are interested too and will book studio time, then I might start getting excited...
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I am not excited yet. But I am starting to get to the point where I might start feeling excited again. So it is still a bit to go Very Happy

I'm not even starting to get there (yet). Maybe if both Duff and Axl will confirm that they are interested too and will book studio time, then I might start getting excited...

I believe Duff and Slash would agree to do it if Axl suggested it. They might be a bit wary but if Axl really is motivated I think they'd be happy to give it a go. So yeah, Axl is the crucial part here. And, I also think that at the first time of problems in the studio (Axl not showing up, fights over direction), Duff and Slash would just leave.
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan on Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:17 am

I'm not really, because:

Fortus saying it is one thing, Slash is something completely different.
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 5098

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli on Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:31 am

Fortus saying it is one thing, Slash is something completely different.

Granted, Slash's word has more "weight" than Fortus' (possibly not just in our ears, but in Axl's too), but this:
I think everybody thinks it’s a good idea, and everybody would like to do it.

...is just the same kinda "vague" talk we've heard for years now. Silent Cry
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan on Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:08 pm

But Slash says it for the first time, and has plenty of reasons for it, considering they really haven't gotten the time yet with the massive amount of touring. The NewGNR guys were saying it for years with plenty of breaks in between tours.

Plus he is in general way more positive about the reunion and about Axl than I thought he would be.
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:16 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Plus he is in general way more  positive about the reunion and about Axl than I thought he would be.

Yes, he is. Watching the band in concert you don't really see much interaction between them, or emotions at all from Slash, but yes, what he says is really positive...unless he is just playing the media. We'll see if whatever friendship they have regained will result in more than just words. Because, you know, it would be easy to show what he feels. More than words is all that's needed to make it real. Then he wouldn't have to say he love him, 'cause he would already know. More than words. La di da, da di da, di dai dai da.
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Yesterday at 8:55 pm

So, just in case it wasn't understood, I was just jokingly paraphrasing the lyrics to 'More Than Words' above there.
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Today at 1:15 am

I understood Wink
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Today at 1:47 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I understood Wink

Good! I can accept not being funny, I can not abide not being understood.
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum