APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1986.08.18 - Music Connection - Vicky Hamilton's letter

Go down

1986.08.18 - Music Connection - Vicky Hamilton's letter Empty 1986.08.18 - Music Connection - Vicky Hamilton's letter

Post by Soulmonster Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:46 pm

1986.08.18 - Music Connection - Vicky Hamilton's letter 20180416

The is the letter Vicky Hamilton sent to Music Connection as a response to Axl's letter which was published in August 1986.

-------------------------
TRANSCRIPTION
-------------------------

Trash Cleanup

Dear M.C. & Guns N’ Roses:

In regards to the Guns N’ Roses conflict letter (“Guns N’ Roses Versus M.C.,” Aug. 4) I’d first like to say that I still have the utmost respect for both Guns N’ Roses and Karen Burch. What was meant to be a realistic story has now become the biggest of cheap Hollywood scandals. I’ve tried to remain silent about any personal experiences that have occurred between myself and the bands I manage, but feel that the facts must come out about my relationship with Guns N’ Roses.
Though one of the most exciting times in my life, [managing GN’R] was also the most painful. Guns N’ Roses are the kind of guys that your mother warned you about, and most of the stories are true. However, I did stop their demo tapes to the major record companies, I did give Tom Zutaut Guns N’ Roses demo tape and I did set them up with Peter Paterno, the lawyer who negotiated the band’s deal with Geffen. Come on, Axl, give credit where credit is due.
As for Karen Burch, I know she printed the article word-for-word off the tape. Otherwise, the band and Paterno would have “sued Music Connection’s balls off!” (quote from Izzy). Sexual prodding? I must have seriously missed something – funny how that went right past the other eight or nine people in my living room. I really couldn’t see Karen going for someone with a pierced nipple.
Hey, guys, let’s put it to rest. I think that Guns N’ Roses is one of the hottest bands to come out of L.A. and I wish you the best, but let’s keep the music separate from the personal stuff. Business is business and trash is trash.

Vicky Hamilton
Ex-manager of Guns N’ Roses,
now manager of Darling Cool
& Faster Pussycat
West Hollywood, CA

--------------------------------
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down