APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Ole Beich

Go down

Ole Beich Empty Ole Beich

Post by Soulmonster Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:59 am

Ole Beich Pbucket
OLE BEICH

Pseudonyms/former names:

Date of birth:
January 1, 1955.

Band position:
Bass player.

Time with Guns N' Roses:

Shows with the band:
Ole was fired or left the band before the band's first gig in March 1985. As such, Ole did not play any shows with Guns N' Roses but may have contributed to the first song writing.
Biography:

Last edited by Soulmonster on Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

Ole Beich Empty Re: Ole Beich

Post by Soulmonster Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:00 am

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:46 pm

From Raz' biography:

As G N' R's success grew, Ole became more and more downbeat. Up until that point in time, he never said a word to me about departing the band. But on the ride home from Long Beach [September 1987], he was totally bummed when asking, "Why am I not in that band? I should be getting my dick sucked in twenty different languages right now."

I told him, "Dude, you made a decision you thought best at the time. It is what it is."

He strongly disagreed that he had decided anything. Although tired of Tracii's shit, he wanted Axl as his singer enough to put up with him. Ole had no idea his tenure was even slightly in jeopardy. Then, within days of getting booted from G N' R, Ole went to Wilpower Studios to grab his gear and ran into Slash, who at the time played in Black Sheep. Soon he, Slash, and Steven were jamming together semi-regularly. Right up until those two joined G N' R. So in Ole's mind, he had actually lost out twice.

Within a year of our ride from the Cult show, G N' R was the biggest band in the world, and not too long after that, some piece of shit stole Ole's beloved Music Man bass. It was the absolute last straw for his mental state, and he returned to Denmark suffering from a deep depression. Through the miracles of ancient brew science and classic movie endings, Ole managed to fully cure his sadness with some late-night swim therapy
[Raz Cue, "The Days of Guns, & Raz's", 2015, p. 248-249].
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:50 pm

That last line from the above quote is quite heavy. Ole was a big friend of Raz.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum